Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I share the same concerns regarding Cam Newton. In fact I didn’t like him pre-draft or post Super Bowl.

However, our GM and coach are very familiar with him and he would have to know he’s coming in to backup and mentor Josh Allen. If they still want him and he wants to be here (and his medical clears), I would approve of the Bills giving him a contract that doesn’t hinder their current or future plans.

I like Barkley more than I should, but really I’m not confident he could fill in for a large stretch should Allen be injured for a significant amount of time. As much as I don’t like Cam, if he’s in the right frame of mind and physical being, we know he could lead the team to some victories.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

I’m glad he took a night to think about it if that’s part of why we ended up with Diggs.

I’d have been fine with having both of them, but if I had to choose 1 it would quite easily be Diggs.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Yes, Bills' Levi Wallace gave out his phone number. Here's why
At a time when most people are at home, dealing with the stress and anxiety caused by the coronavirus pandemic, Levi Wallace discovered what seemed to him to be a good way to provide spiritual support.
The Buffalo Bills' cornerback posted his cellphone number on Instagram at about noon Tuesday, and invited anyone who wanted to talk with him to call.
Got a football question? Want to just share how you're feeling? Looking for a comforting voice willing to send prayers your way? Wallace let anyone interested know that he was available to chat.

This was totally unexpected. Very impressive gesture by Levi Wallace.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Reactions: Digable5

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

I don’t have a lot of concerns about Diggs attitude. The thing that stuck out to me was one of the people who covered the Vikings...or one of the national guys who the radio talked with...and I’m not going to remember which one said they think Diggs’ issue with Cousins wasn’t the missed throws as much as it was Cousins would shrink in the face of the big moments. I totally get that. Diggs is a guy who puts in an insane amount of work and is driven for those moments...and it would be a killer to know your QB lacks the nerve for them. And I think that nerve and that run through a wall to attack those moments is easily Josh Allen’s greatest strength. I bet Diggs cares less about accuracy takes than he did seeing Allen hurdle his defense and pull out a dominant win in a game they was supposed to be a blowout. Plays go good and plays go bad. But believing the play you need is going to be gotten or die trying is worth a lot.

Yeah...Allen is going to miss him wide open on second down sometimes. And then he will run for a first the next play and get another crack at it. It’s the whole that matters.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I don’t have a lot of concerns about Diggs attitude. The thing that stuck out to me was one of the people who covered the Vikings...or one of the national guys who the radio talked with...and I’m not going to remember which one said they think Diggs’ issue with Cousins wasn’t the missed throws as much as it was Cousins would shrink in the face of the big moments. I totally get that. Diggs is a guy who puts in an insane amount of work and is driven for those moments...and it would be a killer to know your QB lacks the nerve for them. And I think that nerve and that run through a wall to attack those moments is easily Josh Allen’s greatest strength. I bet Diggs cares less about accuracy takes than he did seeing Allen hurdle his defense and pull out a dominant win in a game they was supposed to be a blowout. Plays go good and plays go bad. But believing the play you need is going to be gotten or die trying is worth a lot.

Yeah...Allen is going to miss him wide open on second down sometimes. And then he will run for a first the next play and get another crack at it. It’s the whole that matters.

Yeah I heard/read the same thing.
Something about him shrinking in big moments and also not being willing to throw to receivers unless/until they got open. Diggs thought he earned the right/trust to have cousins throw him more 50/50 balls (etc).

It’s not like Diggs has had some star studded cast of QB’s in his Vikings career. His favorite QB was supposedly Case Keenum (due in part to how tough he played the game).

I ‘m not worried about his attitude at all. I actually think he will love it here, and I see him and Josh developing a great relationship.

Plus I trust McDermott/Beane and the culture they’ve built.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I am real happy with Diggs. I was never concerned with any of his off field issues because they were not anything major. No arrests. No violence. No drugs. He is a competitive warrior and I think he is going to end up as the 2nd best WR in team history. I know that is hard to gauge since he is going to be 27 in year 1 here but I think Diggs will end up putting up the best 4 year production byba Bills WR. I mean hell, only 1 we in franchise history has ever put up back to back 1000 yard seasons and it wasn't Reed or Moulds. I think Diggs will put up 350 receptions, ~5000 yards and 30-35 Tds throughout the last 4 years of his contract.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Yeah I heard/read the same thing.
Something about him shrinking in big moments and also not being willing to throw to receivers unless/until they got open. Diggs thought he earned the right/trust to have cousins throw him more 50/50 balls (etc).

It’s not like Diggs has had some star studded cast of QB’s in his Vikings career. His favorite QB was supposedly Case Keenum (due in part to how tough he played the game).

I ‘m not worried about his attitude at all. I actually think he will love it here, and I see him and Josh developing a great relationship.

Plus I trust McDermott/Beane and the culture they’ve built.
Agreed. This team is tough. I was just watching a bunch of fight videos from the past 3 seasons, and thought- i dont think any other team gets into as many scuffles as we do. This team goes to war for each other, and Diggs is f***ing warrior. He fits the mold perfectly.

McDermott likes his guys to be tough and have their own personality. The Steelers game when they were all singing o the sideline comes to mind.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Agreed. This team is tough. I was just watching a bunch of fight videos from the past 3 seasons, and thought- i dont think any other team gets into as many scuffles as we do. This team goes to war for each other, and Diggs is f***ing warrior. He fits the mold perfectly.

McDermott likes his guys to be tough and have their own personality. The Steelers game when they were all singing o the sideline comes to mind.
Well, when Gronkowski delivers full-body-weight flying elbow drops on a prone d-back laying face up 3-yards out of bounds, a la Wrestlemania, the scuffles are often justified.

F**k Rob Gronkowski. Vigorously. With a barbed mace.

Reactions: JLewyB and Dubi Doo

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Does anyone have a pulse on who we should be tuning into for the Bills day 2 picks? Maybe a cross reference of guys/positions theyve visited with/whose expected to be there? Trying to get dialed into the draft and want to start there

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Does anyone have a pulse on who we should be tuning into for the Bills day 2 picks? Maybe a cross reference of guys/positions theyve visited with/whose expected to be there? Trying to get dialed into the draft and want to start there
Bryce Hall. I can see McDermott salivating over him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad