Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

49ers trounce Packers en route to Super Bowl LIV

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I hope SF wins so we don't have to deal with more sucking off of KC's QB. I don't think they'd do that with Garrapolo.

Amen.

I was just starting to find Mahomes tolerable since the hype had moved over to Jackson... Then BOOM.

KCs ability to shut down Henry & the Titans run game is what essentially got them the victory yesterday.

It will be tougher for them to shut down Shanahan's run game though IMO. Should be a great final.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Amen.

I was just starting to find Mahomes tolerable since the hype had moved over to Jackson... Then BOOM.

KCs ability to shut down Henry & the Titans run game is what essentially got them the victory yesterday.

It will be tougher for them to shut down Shanahan's run game though IMO. Should be a great final.

Mahomes is great for the game. With Brady, Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Rivers aging out the league needed a new young star at QB and he has stepped up.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Garappolo winning would twist a dagger for all the NE fans this offseason. They only traded him away because Brady wouldn’t mentor or retire.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Garappolo winning would twist a dagger for all the NE fans this offseason. They only traded him away because Brady wouldn’t mentor or retire.

If SF wins its not because of Jimmy G.

If Brady does leave - watch NE tank next season then get Trevor Lawrence in 2021.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005

If Brady does leave - watch NE tank next season then get Trevor Lawrence in 2021.
Tyrod deserves credit for not doing what all the fumblerinas did before him. So does Garappolo for playing smart

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Pats are too good to slip that far that fast IMO, even without Brady. But make no mistake, it would be great if the NFL penalized them their 1st rounder in 2021 for the Bengals sideline filming incident.

Be interesting to see if the Panthers or Falcons try to tank for Lawrence.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I want SF to win and return us to the glory days of the power running game. In its zeal to "make the game more entertaining" by favoring the passing game, the NFL has lost the ability to provide basic officiating. I'd like to see SF run the Chiefs into the ground and shut them out defensively. I want to hear the commentators whisper duck-and-chuck when Mahomes is on the field.

Mainly I want to see this happen because the Bills have no chance of winning a Super Bowl with a QB who can't complete a deep pass. :laugh:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
They traded him because they couldn’t keep him any longer without paying him starter money.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Mahomes is great for the game. With Brady, Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Rivers aging out the league needed a new young star at QB and he has stepped up.

Maybe you misunderstand. The player is fine(though I hate his hair style). It's the media and announcers who slurp on him every chance they can. There's a heavy bias in announcing the past few decades and it sucks. It's clear and noticeable. Unless you're a fan of one of the golden boys. Then you ignore it like Ruins fans ignore Edwards' homerism.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
They traded him because they couldn’t keep him any longer without paying him starter money.
I remember there being a story out there that he would accept a 2-3 year deal if he was the heir to the throne. I think this is what started a rift between Belichek and Brady.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Belicheck didn’t want to trade him. Kraft made him keep Brady happy despite his decline. And then yes, starter money, but even then he would’ve kept him around if Brady would have just given a timeline. He still won’t.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I remember reading the same thing you did about Brady wanting nothing to do with mentoring. Now they've done a 180.
Tom Brady prepared to meet with teams other than the Patriots in 2020 free agency
Brady also is eager to take on the role of mentor to a young quarterback, no matter where he plays, hoping to leave any organization in good shape when he retires. Part of his legacy, he believes, could be tied to seeing future generations embrace the TB12 training and lifestyle regimen that Brady strongly believes has helped him play so long at such a high level.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I remember reading the same thing you did about Brady wanting nothing to do with mentoring. Now they've done a 180.
Tom Brady prepared to meet with teams other than the Patriots in 2020 free agency
Brady also is eager to take on the role of mentor to a young quarterback, no matter where he plays, hoping to leave any organization in good shape when he retires. Part of his legacy, he believes, could be tied to seeing future generations embrace the TB12 training and lifestyle regimen that Brady strongly believes has helped him play so long at such a high level.
So he wants to go somewhere that has an up and coming qb or will draft one, propaganda the shit out of his brand and then retire.

Tb12 is not the reason he has played so long, it is the fact that the league has built a cocoon around him and fine anyone who breathes on him. Put him on the Bengals or Browns and he will be outta the league half way through next season.

Reactions: Taro Tsujimoto

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Pats are too good to slip that far that fast IMO, even without Brady. But make no mistake, it would be great if the NFL penalized them their 1st rounder in 2021 for the Bengals sideline filming incident.

Be interesting to see if the Panthers or Falcons try to tank for Lawrence.

I was bring (mostly) faecesous.

I find it strange that the idea & practice of tanking is not a much bigger deal in the NFL. Compared to the NHL for example.

For example - Giants beating Redskins in OT essentially cost them Chase Young in an otherwise wasted season... But this type of thing doesn't seem to get the attention it undoubtedly would do in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad