Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sources: Bills denied Giants permission to interview offensive coordinator Brian Daboll
Sources: Bills denied Giants permission to interview offensive coordinator Brian Daboll
Joe Judge seems likely to hire an experienced offensive coordinator, and it might turn out to be Jason Garrett. But the new Giants coach had hoped to talk to Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll about the job first.
The 44-year-old Daboll, who was on the New England Patriots staff with Judge from 2013-16, was high atop Judge's wish list when he was hired by the Giants, multiple sources told SNY. The Giants requested permission for Judge to interview Daboll, the sources said, but that permission was denied by the Bills.

They make Daboll sound like the 2nd coming in this article.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Why? Our biggest need is offensive playmakers. I've always been a strong proponent of not overpaying (in draft or money) for the RB position, but taking a day 2 RB seems like such an obvious and easy way to add a playmaker to the offense.

Its the easiest position to find

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Its the easiest position to find

For mediocre results maybe. Finding a big play RB? Not at all.

# of 1000 yard receivers - 29 (and 2 had 993 and 997)

# of 1000 yard rushers - 16 (and #17 only had 912)

If we can find a 1000 yard, 10+ TD back in round 2 like Etienne is projected to be you run not walk that draft card to Goodell.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
For mediocre results maybe. Finding a big play RB? Not at all.

# of 1000 yard receivers - 29 (and 2 had 993 and 997)

# of 1000 yard rushers - 16 (and #17 only had 912)

If we can find a 1000 yard, 10+ TD back in round 2 like Etienne is projected to be you run not walk that draft card to Goodell.

Remaining NFL playoff RBs

Aaron Jones 5th rd/Jamaal Williams 4th rd
Damien Williams UDFA
Raheem Mostert/Matt Breida UDFA
Derrick Henry 2nd rd

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
And the titans are going out this week?

The super bowl is gonna have 2 teams starting UDFA

and teams shouldn't invest in a qb because the patriots didn’t and dominated the Super Bowl the last 20 years, right? If this is the metric.

anyways, drafting a RB in the third round is absolutely fine and not a failure of an off-season.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Remaining NFL playoff RBs

Aaron Jones 5th rd/Jamaal Williams 4th rd
Damien Williams UDFA
Raheem Mostert/Matt Breida UDFA
Derrick Henry 2nd rd

You left out Tevin Coleman a 3rd round pick. And Derrick Henry just won the rushing title and led the upset over the Super Bowl favorite.

Sucks about Etienne big time.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I'm firmly in the mindset that you get a couple players in round one that you would love to have and that generally fit a need. You use round one to move around a little bit. If you like Shenault or Chaisson then you can move around a little bit to get them. Then round 2-7, best player available. If I'm at 54 or 86 and Cam Akers is sitting there I think long and hard about it

Also never, ever draft a punter, kicker or long snapper.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I'm firmly in the mindset that you get a couple players in round one that you would love to have and that generally fit a need. You use round one to move around a little bit. If you like Shenault or Chaisson then you can move around a little bit to get them. Then round 2-7, best player available. If I'm at 54 or 86 and Cam Akers is sitting there I think long and hard about it

Also never, ever draft a punter, kicker or long snapper.

I'm all for using a even first on a kicker if it's another Sebastian Janikowski. Bills add another couple wins this year if they had a Janikowski-esq kicker that will be here 17 years.

Bills used a 6th on Hopkins and he's one of the NFLs best kickers now.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
The CB that is our best player?

that isn't draft hindsight the stings. See drafting history before current regime

That's not even close to Troupe over Gronk.

It's not like the Bills were in the market for a QB that year or they traded back because they wanted Kizer and knew he would be there later in the round.

With all the information people had on draft day, it was a good move to make.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
That's not even close to Troupe over Gronk.

It's not like the Bills were in the market for a QB that year or they traded back because they wanted Kizer and knew he would be there later in the round.

With all the information people had on draft day, it was a good move to make.

Hah, the Gronk miss is always my goto example. Wasn't it because of back issues we avoided grunk? Didn't troupe retire because of back issues because of course he did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad