Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2019 Regular Season Continued (8-3) - Next Game at Dallas (6-5) on 11/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
a8o93hoi02riztez7rvg.jpg

Bills returner Andre Roberts and the kick return unit lead the NFL with a 30.4 yards per return average.

How close is the Bills kick return unit to breaking a big one?

Very quietly Buffalo’s kick return unit has been a difference maker for the Bills offense this season. Ranked in the top five in the league since Week 4, the Bills kick return unit currently sits atop the league with an average of 30.4 yards per return.

They also lead the league in average drive start off kickoffs as they average just past the 29-yard line for their offense (29.4), more than two yards better than any other team in football.

The only thing missing now is a scoring play. One that comes on a deep kickoff, with all due respect to Micah Hyde’s onsides return for a score in Week 7.

“I think we’re extremely close,” said core special teamer Julian Stanford. “A lot of times it’s just one block away. I think we just keep working on our fundamentals and our technique… it’s coming.”

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Not sure why people are frightened of the Steelers. That looks as winnable as any from my POV.

Ravens/Pats are definite losses. Dallas probable loss... The other three the Bills should accept nothing short of three wins.

Get those three wins & you're probably in the playoffs.

Even if they get bounced in the wild card round - just making it would be a great experience for this young core moving forward.

I feel that most people want to find the negatives (especially concerning this forum & the Sabres) but I honestly think Bills fans have a lot to look forward to.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Not sure why people are frightened of the Steelers. That looks as winnable as any from my POV.

Ravens/Pats are definite losses. Dallas probable loss... The other three the Bills should accept nothing short of three wins.

Even if they get bounced in the wild card round - just making it would be a great experience for this young core moving forward.

I feel that most people want to find the negatives (especially concerning this forum & the Sabres) but I honestly think Bills fans have a lot to look forward to.
Most people are very optimistic about the Bills future. Beane is great with the cap, and has the team steadily improving every year.

Pitt and Denver should be wins, but I worry about the Jets in week 17. It just seems Billsy to lose to a mediocre division opponent at home to miss out on the playoffs.

Also, I think we can give NE fits. Brady struggles against our defense. Just need to stop the run, and that will be a close game. Dallas will be tough, but as others have mentioned- they're Jeckyll and hyde this year, though I suspect they wont take us lightly especially on their annual Thanksgiving game.

Baltimore is an almost certain loss. Of course that's the game I'm going to. If we win that one, then we have a chance to make some noise in the playoffs.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
a8o93hoi02riztez7rvg.jpg

Bills returner Andre Roberts and the kick return unit lead the NFL with a 30.4 yards per return average.

How close is the Bills kick return unit to breaking a big one?

Very quietly Buffalo’s kick return unit has been a difference maker for the Bills offense this season. Ranked in the top five in the league since Week 4, the Bills kick return unit currently sits atop the league with an average of 30.4 yards per return.

They also lead the league in average drive start off kickoffs as they average just past the 29-yard line for their offense (29.4), more than two yards better than any other team in football.

The only thing missing now is a scoring play. One that comes on a deep kickoff, with all due respect to Micah Hyde’s onsides return for a score in Week 7.

“I think we’re extremely close,” said core special teamer Julian Stanford. “A lot of times it’s just one block away. I think we just keep working on our fundamentals and our technique… it’s coming.”
Roberts has been a blessing in st

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
QB Index, Week 12: Dak in top 5; Tom Brady slides out of top 10

RANK 20

Josh Allen

Up 3

Individual Rank: Bhanpuri: 18 | Blair: 22 | Filice: 18 | Parr: 20

2019 stats: 10 games | 60.3 pct | 2,175 pass yds | 6.9 ypa | 13 pass TD | 7 INT | 331 rush yds | 7 rush TD | 3 fumbles lost

Parr: Allen looked a little bit like a kid flinging the rock around the schoolyard against an overmatched Dolphins defense, finishing his 4-TD day (3 passing, 1 rushing) with a career-high 117.7 passer rating. He's not yet consistent enough on a week-to-week basis, and he's still in the bottom half of the league in most of the major passing categories, but Buffalo has to be encouraged by the second-year QB's play of late. He's had a passer rating of 110 or higher in three of his last five games, compiling a TD-INT ratio of 8:0 during that stretch. He's gone a career-long five games without an INT, giving him a span of 163 pass attempts without a pick (second-longest active streak behind Kirk Cousins' 177). Don't get it twisted: We're not putting Allen in Lamar Jackson's MVP-type territory, but this is a true fact: Allen and Lamar Jackson are the only QBs with 8 or more pass TDs and 0 INTs since Week 6. Don't sleep on this guy's improvement, even if it's been a little more subtle than his fellow 2018 first-rounder's.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA

All depends on Allen. If he doesn't develop into what he should then all the progress won't make much difference without a QB. People always talk about taking steps in the NFL but it rarely ever seems to be a straight shot up if there is such a thing at all. People aren't really looking at the Jags as an up and coming team this year like last.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Game Theory: Every NFL team's chance to make playoffs as of Week 12

Cynthia Frelund has the Bills at 46%

2019 NFL Playoff Picture: Here are the projected postseason chances for all 32 teams heading into Week 12

5. (Wild Card 1)
Bills
The Bills have a brutal schedule over the final six weeks of the season, but that hasn't killed the computer's optimism for Buffalo. According to SportsLine, the Bills have a 69.9% of landing a playoff berth this year, which would give them their second playoff appearance in three years. The last time the Bills earned two playoff appearances in three years came between 1998 and 2000.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Game Theory: Week 12 win probabilities, score projections

Cynthia Frelund projects Bills 23 Broncos 20 with a 61% win probability.

MMQB Staff Week 12 NFL Picks

mmqb-week-12-staff-picks.webp

NFL Pickwatch - Expert Week 12 2019 Straight Up Picks - nflpickwatch.com

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Denver is a should win, but their not as bad as their record indicates. They're better than any team we've beaten outside the Titans and maybe the Jets.

Denver's pass defense is top-notch, and they also have a solid run defense. They dont give up many red zone TDs, either.

Honestly, if the offense puts up a lot of points this week, then there's hope they're turning the corner, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think the defense needs to keep Denver under 20 points for us to win. They're not going to pass all over us, so just stop the f***ing run game, and we can close this game out.

Either way, we'll have a better understanding on how much the offense and Allen are improving.

20-17 Bills in a nail biter.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Denver is a should win, but their not as bad as their record indicates. They're better than any team we've beaten outside the Titans and maybe the Jets.

Denver's pass defense is top-notch, and they also have a solid run defense. They dont give up many red zone TDs, either.

Honestly, if the offense puts up a lot of points this week, then there's hope they're turning the corner, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think the defense needs to keep Denver under 20 points for us to win. They're not going to pass all over us, so just stop the ****ing run game, and we can close this game out.

Either way, we'll have a better understanding on how much the offense and Allen are improving.

20-17 Bills in a nail biter.

This is like the Browns game but at home.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This is like the Browns game but at home.
Honestly, we probably win that game if Daboll doesn't completely abandon the run. Just horrible game management by him. He's seemed to have learned his lesson.

Cleveland and Denver are similar teams in terms of how good they are, but they're different beasts in terms of what they're good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad