Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2019 Regular Season Continued (8-3) - Next Game at Dallas (6-5) on 11/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Cleveland and Denver are similar teams in terms of how good they are, but they're different beasts in terms of what they're good at.

They're not THAT different. Both teams run the ball better than they pass, but Denver's QBs and WRs are far worse. Defensively, both teams can rush the passer and are solid pass defenses but can be run on at times.

That said, Cleveland's offense was a much more difficult matchup for our defense than Denver's is. I was very worried about Landry torching Wallace.....but Denver has no appreciable 2nd receiving threat. If we shut down Denver's running attack, they should be neutered offensively. I AM worried about Denver's pass rush more than I was about Cleveland's. Cleveland's was largely one guy, Garrett. Denver has a few pass rush threats (Von, Wolfe, Harris, Walker). Stay the heck away from Chris Harris too.

I think this will turn out to be a very low scoring game....which means it'll be close. I just think we're flat-out a better team though and that should carry the day. 17-13 Bills.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
Not sure why people are frightened of the Steelers. That looks as winnable as any from my POV.

History, for one thing. The Bills have only beaten Pittsburgh once since 1993, and have only beaten them twice in Pittsburgh ever. The only two teams we have a lower winning percentage (.360) against all-time are the Chargers and the Cowboys (both .333)

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Win Sunday, Win against the Jets at home last day of the season and grab 1 more between the 4 games in between and we're in the playoffs.

Reactions: Husko

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
History, for one thing. The Bills have only beaten Pittsburgh once since 1993, and have only beaten them twice in Pittsburgh ever. The only two teams we have a lower winning percentage (.360) against all-time are the Chargers and the Cowboys (both .333)
Not to mention an all too recent late season game where we just had to beat the Steelers backup QB to make the playoffs...

Reactions: Tsujimoto

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Not to mention an all too recent late season game where we just had to beat the Steelers backup QB to make the playoffs...
I dont want to make you feel old, but that wasnt 'all too recent' ; it was almost 20 years ago! I was a young kid who so innocently thought Buffalo sports was the best thing since sliced bread.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Dear lord. I now see it was 2004. I was 13. I'm going to go eat dinner at 4:30 pm and go to bed now, thanks.

Heh. It was my senior year of college living with 3 other Bills fans (and a Bengals fan), so at least we could drink the pain away that night :laugh:

It was also the same year that the NHL missed the whole season because of the player strike, the Red Sox finally beat the Yankees, and Syracuse lost to a 14 seed as a 3 seed in the NCAA's. Pretty brutal year all around for me sports wise.

EDIT: Now that I look it up Syracuse was a 4 seed and lost to 13th seeded Vermont, but they vacated that season anyway so I guess it didn't really matter anyway? :shrug:

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

Mason Rudolph has been publically exposed as a little b**ch and it may affect his treatment by other teams and his own if his condition and character wasnt widely known until recently ... Its definitely a winnable game w the right plan and early start.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I'm always confused by why people think these kind of numbers mean anything. The performance of a bunch of players who have nothing to do with the current players other than wearing the same (or similar) uniforms does not have any sort of effect on the current players, or how they will perform. I mean, I buy the argument that the Steelers are a tough team at home in general, and even this year doesn't seem to be an exception. So far they're 4-2 at home, and those two losses have been very close games against clearly superior opponents in Seattle and Baltimore. How Bills teams 20-25 years ago did against the Steelers seems far less relevant.

Reactions: k8prisoner

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
I'm always confused by why people think these kind of numbers mean anything.
They don't, not really. Like most things when it comes to sports fandom it's not rational, but that's one reason why a lot of us aren't more confident in a win in Pittsburgh.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

nuory7o3igzt1tekg0ss.jpg

Injury Report: Justin Hollins ruled out of #DENvsBUF

Last edited:

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Bills victories: DVOA, 32 MIA, 32 MIA, 31 Wash, 30, Cinci, 29 NYG, 28 Jets, 23 Tenny

Denver is currently 18th DVOA while Buffalo is 25th.

If Buffalo beats Denver this week this would be their biggest DVOA strength of opponent victory this season.

Week 11 DVOA Ratings

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Bills victories: DVOA, 32 MIA, 32 MIA, 31 Wash, 30, Cinci, 29 NYG, 28 Jets, 23 Tenny

Denver is currently 18th DVOA while Buffalo is 25th.

If Buffalo beats Denver this week this would be their biggest DVOA strength of opponent victory this season.

Week 11 DVOA Ratings
What the.... is DVOA? I see posts about it but I have no clue and trying to look it up just makes me more confused. Can someone put it in super simple terms for me please? :laugh:

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Quality of the team I assume.
I had to look it up, too, and from what I can understand, it’s a...

Shit, thought I had it for a second.

Here’s what I found in a search:
DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average) calculates a team's success based on the down-and-distance of each play during the season, then calculates how much more or less successful each team is compared to the league average

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

Packer fans are going to be so freightened of the 2022 Bills team and their 0.000 win percentage in Buffalo.

Reactions: jd1970

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Quality of the team I assume.

It is a way to rank all 32 teams using numbers or analytics and the biggest thing the system does is take into account schedule. So Buffalo is not penalized for having an easy schedule since the Patriots also have one. It is getting downgraded for not having more games like last week's win against the Dolphins.

DVOA has overall team rankings as well as rankings on offense, defense, and special teams.

Buffalo DVOA

Offense: 23rd
Defense: 14th
Special Teams: 26th

Here are the defenses coming up against Buffalo DVOA:

Denver: 9th
Dallas: 20th
Baltimore: 10th
Pittsburgh: 3rd
New England: 1st
New Jersey: 11th

4 out of 5 next games against top ten defenses and one more just outside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland