Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2019 Regular Season Continued (8-3) - Next Game at Dallas (6-5) on 11/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Beat the Broncos, Steelers, and Jets, and we're in. I worry about that Jets game more than the other two. They'd be foaming at the mouth to play spoilers.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Indy: @ Houston, Tennessee, @ Tampa, @ NO, Carolina, @ Jacksonville.

Houston: Indy, NE, Denver, @ Tennessee, @ Tampa, Tennessee.

Oakland: @ Jets, @ Chiefs, Tennessee, Jacksonville, @ Chargers, @ Denver.

KC: Bye, Oakland, @ NE, Denver, @ Chicago, Chargers.

Conclusions: These are really easy schedules, we should be concerned. Oakland could go 11-5. The Titans will be kingmakers. We're probably looking at needing to beat out Indy/Houston for the 6.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

3x Ruggs, 2x Shenault, 1x Higgins. 100% WR.

Absolutely.

The only way I am happy about not going WR in R1 is by taking a stud OL then getting a great WR in R2 due to the perceived depth.

PFF continue to drone on that CB is the Bills biggest area of need... Reading between the lines their reasoning for this is essentially 'The Bills other corners are not as good as Tre White'...

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'm not going to get too bent out of shape about anyone's schedule. The Bills were handed one of, if not the, softest schedules in the NFL. If they take care of business and get to 10 wins they'll be fine. If they don't, they really don't belong in the playoffs anyway. Sweep the three games they should win or upset one of the Cowboys/Ravens/Patriots. Ball is in the Bills court.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Indy: @ Houston, Tennessee, @ Tampa, @ NO, Carolina, @ Jacksonville.

Houston: Indy, NE, Denver, @ Tennessee, @ Tampa, Tennessee.

Oakland: @ Jets, @ Chiefs, Tennessee, Jacksonville, @ Chargers, @ Denver.

KC: Bye, Oakland, @ NE, Denver, @ Chicago, Chargers.

Conclusions: These are really easy schedules, we should be concerned. Oakland could go 11-5. The Titans will be kingmakers. We're probably looking at needing to beat out Indy/Houston for the 6.
I don't see all 3 of the Colts, Texans, and Raiders getting to 10 wins. All three would need to go 4-2. Texans and Colts play a game against each other, so the loser of that game is going to have to go 4-1 to reach 10-6.

I agree the Raiders schedule isnt brutal. There are a lot of average teams and mediocre teams, but the Raiders aren't a dominant team either, so a couple of those 'should be wins' can very easily turn into losses.

Reactions: Mike McDermott

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
I don't see all 3 of the Colts, Texans, and Raiders getting to 10 wins. All three would need to go 4-2. Texans and Colts play a game against each other, so the loser of that game is going to have to go 4-1 to reach 10-6.

I agree the Raiders schedule isnt brutal. There are a lot of average teams and mediocre teams, but the Raiders aren't a dominant team either, so a couple of those 'should be wins' can very easily turn into losses.

The same could be said for the Bills too. They have to go 3-3 to make it. The scary thing is now they play teams with good defenses. I would worry about the offense being able to score.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The same could be said for the Bills too. They have to go 3-3 to make it. The scary thing is now they play teams with good defenses. I would worry about the offense being able to score.
Of course, I'm just saying 10-6 should be enough to get in.

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Looking at standings/upcoming games ... 11 wins may be needed in the AFC.
Probably not.

Pittsburgh isn't going far with Mason Rudolph. The South teams will trade wins. I don't buy Oakland at all, their record is at least as inflated as the Bills is.

10-6 would very likely be enough, even if the Bills lose at Pittsburgh.

All of which to likely get destroyed @ Baltimore or Kansas City... but, we'll worry about that when we get there.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Probably not.

Pittsburgh isn't going far with Mason Rudolph. The South teams will trade wins. I don't buy Oakland at all, their record is at least as inflated as the Bills is.

10-6 would very likely be enough, even if the Bills lose at Pittsburgh.

All of which to likely get destroyed @ Baltimore or Kansas City... but, we'll worry about that when we get there.
KC would be an interesting matchup. Their defense is straight up bad, and they dont have a great rushing attack. We matchup pretty well with them. Of course the offense and Allen will need to continue to improve. Also, wouldn't surprise me to see Reid outcoach McDermott badly.

Dont think we have a chance against the Ravens. Just a terrible matchup.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
KC would be an interesting matchup. Their defense is straight up bad, and they dont have a great rushing attack. We matchup pretty well with them. Of course the offense and Allen will need to continue to improve. Also, wouldn't surprise me to see Reid outcoach McDermott badly.

Dont think we have a chance against the Ravens. Just a terrible matchup.

Buffalo would not match up well against KC at all. McDermott plays zone defense which is great against mediocre QB's...not so good against elite throwers.

Buffalo's D has not faced a top end offense yet so I guess we will soon see with Dallas and Baltimore whether Buffalo's D is elite or just good.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Buffalo would not match up well against KC at all. McDermott plays zone defense which is great against mediocre QB's...not so good against elite throwers.

Buffalo's D has not faced a top end offense yet so I guess we will soon see with Dallas and Baltimore whether Buffalo's D is elite or just good.
Chargers zone D gave the Chiefs fits last night and Mahomes had one of his worst games. LA wins that game easily if they don't spend all night shitting all over themselves.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

I dont doubt KC will put up points, but their defense is bad enough to where we can play keep up. Of course, that requires the offense to continue to show growth and prove last week wasnt just a blip against a bad defense.

I'm not saying we'll be favored just we have a slight chance. Cant say the same about Baltimore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille