Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2017 Preseason #3 at BAL Saturday 8/26 7pm. Anquan Boldin retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
BILLS TODAY: MCDERMOTT LOOKS TO TEAM LEADERS
bills-today-8-23-story.jpg

Head coach Sean McDermott believes in communicating with team leaders to aid him in steering the team through unexpected situations like the Anquan Boldin retirement.

HAVING OFFENSE READY FOR WEEK 1 THE ONLY CONCERN FOR TAYLOR
taylor-8-23-story.jpg

In the wake of significant change at the receiver position just a few weeks before the season opener, Tyrod Taylor isn't focusing on the players no longer on the roster. His main aim is to have the offense operating efficiently come Sept. 10th..

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
RICHIE INCOGNITO: "HIGH CHARACTER, ACCOUNTABLE GUYS" (11:33)
Buffalo Bills guard Richie Incognito came in to preview the third preseason game against the Baltimore Ravens. He discussed how the Bills are preparing for the regular season dress rehearsal, as well as how head coach Sean McDermott is looking to fix the Bills penalty problems.

LESEAN MCCOY: "PUT THE BALL IN THE ENDZONE" (7:43)
Bills Running Back LeSean McCoy spoke with the media in the locker room after practice topics include; how much he will play on Saturday, the importance of scoring touchdowns, and addressed trade rumors.

SEAN MCDERMOTT: "THEY'RE DEVELOPING A NICE CHEMISTRY" (18:11)
The Bills head coach talks about Dion Dawkins starting at left tackle, the benefit of having officials at practice, and Reggie Ragland's progress.

MCCOY CONFIRMS TRADE RUMORS FALSE WITH BEANE AND MCDERMOTT
LeSean McCoy didn't appreciate seeing the trade rumors about him on social media, so he went to the two men who could give him a straight answer about it.

PHOTOS: BILLS PRACTICE 8-24
temp27--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Check out photos of the Bills in action during practice.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
This is the best position the Bills have been in regarding the QB position in a long time, relatively speaking of course. Taylor is the perfect stop gap QB and they're not tied to him financially next season. They're in a great spot to draft a QB in the top 10 in April. They already have their developmental project in Peterman who can be a long-term backup. And then it's always prudent to toss a veteran journeyman like Yates into the mix every year. Short of actually having a QB............they're in great shape!

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
This is the best position the Bills have been in regarding the QB position in a long time, relatively speaking of course. Taylor is the perfect stop gap QB and they're not tied to him financially next season. They're in a great spot to draft a QB in the top 10 in April. They already have their developmental project in Peterman who can be a long-term backup. And then it's always prudent to toss a veteran journeyman like Yates into the mix every year. Short of actually having a QB............they're in great shape!

Never stop never stopping

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
They really want to dump Ragland while he still has any value.

Not sure what kind of value you think he has now. He was only a second round pick, has never played a game, by many accounts is still recovering from the knee injury, and is probably a significantly slower player than when he was drafted due to that injury. What kind of value do you see there? A sixth round pick?

At this point they probably just have to ride out the rehab process and hope something miraculous happens. Him being an abominable scheme fit doesn't help of course. It's all too bad, he was one of my favorite players in his draft year.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Not sure what kind of value you think he has now. He was only a second round pick, has never played a game, by many accounts is still recovering from the knee injury, and is probably a significantly slower player than when he was drafted due to that injury. What kind of value do you see there? A sixth round pick?
I wouldn't trade a thing for a LB that struggles in coverage, but I'm sure some team would.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

At this point they probably just have to ride out the rehab process and hope something miraculous happens. Him being an abominable scheme fit doesn't help of course. It's all too bad, he was one of my favorite players in his draft year.

He probably has more value than you think, albeit probably for someone else's reclamation project (Phillip Dorsett seems to be the flavor of the month). Also, Alonso was traded coming off a major knee injury as well, and his game is way more dependent on speed than Ragland.

I do agree with you, I wouldn't personally trade for him... However there are many GMs/coaches out there that may think their scheme fits better or that Ragland still has a ton of untapped potential.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
He probably has more value than you think, albeit probably for someone else's reclamation project (Phillip Dorsett seems to be the flavor of the month). Also, Alonso was traded coming off a major knee injury as well, and his game is way more dependent on speed than Ragland.

I do agree with you, I wouldn't personally trade for him... However there are many GMs/coaches out there that may think their scheme fits better or that Ragland still has a ton of untapped potential.

Yes, but he had a rookie of the year caliber season before the injury. Ragland has never played anNFL game

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Yes, but he had a rookie of the year caliber season before the injury. Ragland has never played anNFL game

There was also no tape of Kiko post knee surgery where there is tape and news that Ragland hasn't done well.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Huge loss for the Pats. Especially since Gronk can't be relied on to stay healthy. I don't wish injuries on anyone but it's about time the Patriots get some bad luck their way.

As for Ragland, even if he is far behind you cannot cut him. A guy you traded up for in the second round of last years draft being cut before playing a game is horrid asset management. I know it's a different regime but still, with 53 spots on a roster, I think they can keep Ragland over some other bum who will be gone after this year.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Wouldn't tanking this year lead to more early round picks that could be starters?

Seems to me, they should trade McCoy and Dareus. McCoy will be too old by the time the new qb is ready and Dareus has been unreliable for his career on and off the field. Dareus can probably bring in quite the haul by NFL trade standards.

Get your qb this draft and then go back to being incompetent for two decades.

Having a legit, experienced RB is one of the best things a young qb can have. Other than a great OLine, I'd say it's better than a great(re: not saying good) OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad