Proposal: Buffalo and Rangers not involving Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Hard no. Georgiev is the only thing there that kind of fits a need for the Sabres (and it's nowhere near as important as the long-term 2C hole Cozens projects to fill), and he obviously doesn't come close to getting Cozens.

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
We all know Buffalo is looking to surround Eichel with better players. Would Buffalo be interested in something like this?

Rangers trade
RD- Tony DeAngelo
RW- Pavel Buchnevich
G- Alexander Georgiev

to Buffalo for
C- Dylan Cozens
and Cap dump

I know Buffalo has lots of Defenseman but DeAngelo would be a huge upgrade. Georgiev would be the starter more then likely and Buchnevich gives them another top 6 forward. Thoughts???
Buffalo doesn’t need TDA and trading two of 3 guys after signing deals wouldn’t be great for Gorton

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I do not see how DeAngelo would be of interest to the Sabres. They got Dahlin who is a lot better then DeAngelo as a leafs fan I believe he will be a top 5 dman in NHL history by the time he retires he’s only 20 and he’s already a star let’s see how he does next season dman don’t hit their prime until late 20s , Ristolainen ( who imo is equal to DeAngelo offensively ), Miller and Montour who are all offensive dman. The Sabres would be interested in someone line Lundqvist or maybe something around Trouba + for Skinner and Cousins. Buechnevich and Georgiev would definitely be of interest tho.

Please stop talking about the Rangers, especially DeAngelo. You know nothing about him and you do nothing but spew nonsense about him in each thread while having the screen name “Unbiased Fan,” which couldn’t be further from the truth.

Then you go and say something like the bolded?

Top-5 defender in NHL history?!?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
Excellent comparison. You just compared a can’t miss prospect to a player who didn’t even go top-5 in his draft. Well done.

To be fair, Cozens went 7th and his stock has gone up since. He's considered by many the best prospect from the '19 draft that isn't already in the league. Laf is certainly better, Cozens and Lafreniere aren't worlds apart.

I agree that this doesn't make sense from either side, but you're being a bit disingenuous here.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
ADA in particular is not a spare part and would be a great counterpart for Dahlin.

OP needs tweaking but general premise is good;
-- Rangers want value for vets who they can pay now but cannot commit to long term due to elcs->rfas and Zib raise;
-- Sabes want young guys who help now.

busy thru w'e but when I get a chance will try to suggest modifying counter.

Tweeting says it’s close. It’s not on any way shape or form.

Buffalo isn’t trading Cozens.

With that said, the value is dogshit for the Rangers and they would be better off moving DeAngelo, Buchnevich and Georgiev in separate deals, but it’s highly unlikely that they’ll be moved now, ESPECIALLY Georgiev.

Neither team does this.

I agree they’d be better separately ...but this offseason they are worthless in trade value unless it’s for an equal cost piece coming back.

Rebuilding teams have little interest in players 2 yrs away from UFA. The rest of the teams have little cap space after RFAs are signed.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
This isn't as outlandish as some people want to believe it is, but Buffalo can't take that much cap space on without the Rangers eating a dump they won't.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Maybe the Rangers would be interested in the same deal, but for Middlestadt?

You aren't getting a 24 y/o 50+ point D-man, a 25 y/o top-6 winger, and a 24 y/o nhl-level goaltender for someone who looks to pan out to be a 3C. with a cap dump on top, no less.

And then after all that, we already have a better, younger upcoming C than Casey in Chytil.

Out of this world bad.

Middlestadt is half a step behind Lias Andersson into bust territory.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBloodyNine

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
We all know Buffalo is looking to surround Eichel with better players. Would Buffalo be interested in something like this?

Rangers trade
RD- Tony DeAngelo
RW- Pavel Buchnevich
G- Alexander Georgiev

to Buffalo for
C- Dylan Cozens
and Cap dump

I know Buffalo has lots of Defenseman but DeAngelo would be a huge upgrade. Georgiev would be the starter more then likely and Buchnevich gives them another top 6 forward. Thoughts???

Bad.

Not giving up three, early-20s NHLers to get back another lottery ticket.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Please stop talking about the Rangers, especially DeAngelo. You know nothing about him and you do nothing but spew nonsense about him in each thread while having the screen name “Unbiased Fan,” which couldn’t be further from the truth.

Then you go and say something like the bolded?

Top-5 defender in NHL history?!?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
There was never a dman more Hyped then Dahlin. Never. Not Lindstrom, Not Eklblad, not Potvin and not even Orr. Going into the 2018 draft there has never been a more hyped dman. Im not a Sabres fan at all so it’s not bias.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019

Rangers trade
RD- Tony DeAngelo
RW- Pavel Buchnevich
G- Alexander Georgiev

to Buffalo for
C- Dylan Cozens
and Cap dump

I like Cozens but giving all that up for a guy that hasn't played an NHL game yet and was taken 7th overall doesn't make sense. Reinhart was taken 2nd overall and he's just a solid player. Cozens is hardly a lock to become an NHL stud. That's a bad trade for NY. Trading three valuable players for an unknown.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The Sabres don't have the cap space to add $11M in cap hits for Cozens.

While the Sabres have $13.6M in cap space today, they still need to re-sign Reinhart, Olofsson, and Ullmark.

This is one of those deals that doesn't work for either team.

The Rangers are giving up too much NHL talent today for a prospect that isn't enough of a lock to be an impact player to be worth it.

The Sabres can't afford to give up their best center prospect on top of the deal not working cap-wise for the Sabres.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
To be fair, Cozens went 7th and his stock has gone up since. He's considered by many the best prospect from the '19 draft that isn't already in the league. Laf is certainly better, Cozens and Lafreniere aren't worlds apart.

I agree that this doesn't make sense from either side, but you're being a bit disingenuous here.

Disingenuous? In what way? The comparison is asinine.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I agree they’d be better separately ...but this offseason they are worthless in trade value unless it’s for an equal cost piece coming back.

Conjecture and nothing more.

Rebuilding teams have little interest in players 2 yrs away from UFA. The rest of the teams have little cap space after RFAs are signed.

I won’t claim to know who or what Buffalo has interest in, but they have a clearly disgruntled player that wants them to improve and do so sooner than later. I wouldn’t say Buffalo is your run of the mill rebuilding team.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
What do you realistically think DeAngelo and Buchnevich can bring in separate trades with a flat cap? If the Rangers could have gotten value it would have been done already. The Rangers already have the backup goalie- Keith Kinkaid
More than they can return packaged with a flat cap.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Wow.
I don't know why you think his stock has risen. I'm not saying it's fallen but I think don't see it rising much, if at all, and lots of guys below him would arguably be pushing him- Zegras, Caufield, Soderstrom, Newhook and possibly Knight. Again, all those are arguable so the claim he's climbed up the rankings seems tenuous.

Also would love to see the many who say he's a better prospect than Zegras, Seider, or Byram.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Wow.
I don't know why you think his stock has risen. I'm not saying it's fallen but I think don't see it rising much, if at all, and lots of guys below him would arguably be pushing him- Zegras, Caufield, Soderstrom, Newhook and possibly Knight. Again, all those are arguable so the claim he's climbed up the rankings seems tenuous.

Also would love to see the many who say he's a better prospect than Zegras, Seider, or Byram.

I’m one of the most reserved Sabres fans on Cozens, but that’s crap. He had a fantastic D+1 that I’d put up against anyone in the draft class.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I’m one of the most reserved Sabres fans on Cozens, but that’s crap. He had a fantastic D+1 that I’d put up against anyone in the draft class.
How were the D+1 seasons of the guys I mentioned? I didn't say he's below all of them but that there is a big jumble and there's zero reason to think that somehow he's show up 4 or 5 spots.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Seriously doubt the Sabres will trade away their 19 year old future top two centre. The kid is looking like he’s going to be an ideal 200 foot player, and has the upside of a Selke winner.
Maybe the Rangers would be interested in the same deal, but for Middlestadt?
The Rangers wouldn't trade the future considerations we got for Staal for Middlestadt.

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY

That group is all right up there with each other, I've seen them all shuffled around at the top of people's rankings. Pronman is one that has Cozens on top, I read that article today so it's fresh on my mind, but I've seen others as well. Those guys are all fantastic prospects, I'm not calling Cozens the clear cut best but he's certainly in that conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad