Proposal: Buffalo and Rangers not involving Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Buffalo has no need for DeAngelo they already have too many RHD and most of them like DeAngelo can't play defense. Buchnevich would be a useful piece, but pretty far down on Buffalo's list of needs. Georgiev is about the only piece that would make a lot of sense assuming Buffalo moves on from Hutton. Buffalo isn't moving Cozens, he fills a massive organizational need at center.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Ok, Reinhart, Ristolainen and Ullmark for Lafrenière. He has 0 NHL games. And the Sabres 3 are much better then the Rangers 3. Garbage proposal. Want Dahlin too?

Yeah with his magic wand he will erase the last 6 years of his deal.Ranger fans still salty we wouldn't agree to give you Eichel for trash.

Are they though?
I don't really think Risolainen is better than DeAngelo. I know everybody likes to poke at DeAngelo not being great ins his own end, but I certainly wouldn't swap him for Risolainen. I'm not an Ullmark fan either. I like Reinhart though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Buffal has already surrounded Eichel with better players in Hall, Staal, and Cozens. Would also not be shocked to have Mittelstadt finally arrive, and Skinner is on his " good" year.

A rock solid 2/3D would be nice, but that sure ain't DeAngelo.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
No thanks from Buffalo. We don’t really have any other potential #2C’s in the pipeline and the NYR trade doesn’t really fill any major needs (outside of goaltending, but I think that can easily be addressed without trading Cozens).

Cozens is probably our best + most important prospect outside the nhl.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Are they though?
I don't really think Risolainen is better than DeAngelo. I know everybody likes to poke at DeAngelo not being great ins his own end, but I certainly wouldn't swap him for Risolainen. I'm not an Ullmark fan either. I like Reinhart though.
No they aren’t he’s just a massive homer.
Georgiev >>> Ullmark
DeAngelo >>> Risto

Reinhart is better than Buch but that’s it

Reactions: One Winged Angel

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yet Buffalo has

2013 Ristolainen
2014 Reinhart Olofsson
2015 Eichrel, Borgen
2016 Thompson
2017 Mittlestadt, Jokiharju
2018 Dahlin, Samuelson
2019 Cozens, Johnson
2020 Quinn, Peterka..both coukd be in team in 21/22

And others....

Buffalo isn’t trading Cozens for spare parts

ADA in particular is not a spare part and would be a great counterpart for Dahlin.

OP needs tweaking but general premise is good;
-- Rangers want value for vets who they can pay now but cannot commit to long term due to elcs->rfas and Zib raise;
-- Sabes want young guys who help now.

busy thru w'e but when I get a chance will try to suggest modifying counter.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
The proposal makes no sense for the Rangers or the Sabres. And the value is off.

This is a horrendous f***ing proposal anyway you look at it.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
As someone who’s not a fan of Cozens I luv it for buffalo.
They’d probably need to move Montour or risto to make it work though give. They have a ton of puck moving righties

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
No way we can take on that albatross of a contract but how is the value? Am I in the ballpark?
I do not see how DeAngelo would be of interest to the Sabres. They got Dahlin who is a lot better then DeAngelo as a leafs fan I believe he will be a top 5 dman in NHL history by the time he retires he’s only 20 and he’s already a star let’s see how he does next season dman don’t hit their prime until late 20s , Ristolainen ( who imo is equal to DeAngelo offensively ), Miller and Montour who are all offensive dman. The Sabres would be interested in someone line Lundqvist or maybe something around Trouba + for Skinner and Cousins. Buechnevich and Georgiev would definitely be of interest tho.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
In some ways I could see arguing Rein is more talented, but he is definitely slower.
Also he needs a deal now and Buch is under contract for only 3.25 this upcoming season.
In some ways? How about in every facet of the game outside of speed/acceleration. Buchnevich will be cheaper I'll give ya that, but so will a lot of players. Doesnt make them better players

section 218

Jan 31, 2007
No they aren’t he’s just a massive homer.
Georgiev >>> Ullmark
DeAngelo >>> Risto

Reinhart is better than Buch but that’s it
What game are you watching???

Overrating Rangers players by a lot

Ullmark>=Geogiev neither have really proven themselves Ullmark a little bit more

Risto>>>>>DeAngelo Risto takes a lot of crao he has been of crap teams and gotten way to many mins also his outlet passes are suspect
DeAngelo one day might/probably will be as good as an offensive player as Risto but he is a nightmare in his defensive zone and thats comparing him to Risto

Reinhart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Buch

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
What game are you watching???

Overrating Rangers players by a lot

Ullmark>=Geogiev neither have really proven themselves Ullmark a little bit more

Risto>>>>>DeAngelo Risto takes a lot of crao he has been of crap teams and gotten way to many mins also his outlet passes are suspect
DeAngelo one day might/probably will be as good as an offensive player as Risto but he is a nightmare in his defensive zone and thats comparing him to Risto

Reinhart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Buch
ok

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
We all know Buffalo is looking to surround Eichel with better players. Would Buffalo be interested in something like this?

Rangers trade
RD- Tony DeAngelo
RW- Pavel Buchnevich
G- Alexander Georgiev

to Buffalo for
C- Dylan Cozens
and Cap dump

I know Buffalo has lots of Defenseman but DeAngelo would be a huge upgrade. Georgiev would be the starter more then likely and Buchnevich gives them another top 6 forward. Thoughts???

puppet-vomit.gif

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Probably fair value but not interested. Centers are just too hard to get, especially a destination like Buffalo that needs to draft them. Cozens will be the Sabres 2C behind Eichel long term. He will have development year most likely on Eric Staal's line as a RW.

That’s not fair value at all.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Ok, Reinhart, Ristolainen and Ullmark for Lafrenière. He has 0 NHL games. And the Sabres 3 are much better then the Rangers 3. Garbage proposal. Want Dahlin too?

Excellent comparison. You just compared a can’t miss prospect to a player who didn’t even go top-5 in his draft. Well done.

The value is garbage. I wouldn’t trade DeAngelo alone straight up for Cozens, then the Rangers add a top-6 winger and a young backup goalie with starting potential, just to get a prospect and a cap dump?

If the sides were reversed, you’d be claiming it was shit for the Sabres and don’t even try to say otherwise.

Reactions: slg1963

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
What do you realistically think DeAngelo and Buchnevich can bring in separate trades with a flat cap? If the Rangers could have gotten value it would have been done already. The Rangers already have the backup goalie- Keith Kinkaid

Kinkaid is a minor league, expansion fodder signing, not Igor’s backup.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Buffalo isn’t trading Cozens.

With that said, the value is dogshit for the Rangers and they would be better off moving DeAngelo, Buchnevich and Georgiev in separate deals, but it’s highly unlikely that they’ll be moved now, ESPECIALLY Georgiev.

Neither team does this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad