Confirmed with Link: BUF/WPG Myers+Stafford+Armia+Lemieux+Low 1st for Kane+Bogo+Kasdorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
The trade isn't terrible
The trade isn't great
The trade just is...

time will tell.
Pretty much. I just don't give a single solitary **** about the players we got back and would have liked to wait and reactively plug holes over the summer with centers who play defense and defensemen who can be "the guy" on a shutdown pairing.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Bogo

Assets:
Has superior mobility for a big man, and he likes to rush the puck up ice. Owns a heavy shot from the point and sound offensive ability. Is aggressive and capable of shutting down opposing forwards, as well as play big minutes.

Flaws:
Needs to pick his spots better when going for hits and generally play with more discipline in the defensive zone. Is still a little raw in all aspects of the game. Expectations are high, but can he meet them? Injuries are also an issue.

Career Potential:
Talented all-around defenseman with good upside.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
Was never high on Armia anyways as I've said in the past. Lemieux I loved but won't ever be a big top 6 point producer like Kane might be. Myers is the big loss here but if bogo can develop there may not be a big gap there anyways

Karate Johnson*

Kane, Bogosian, Kasdorf and a guaranteed shot at McEichel

For

Myers, Stafford, Lemiux, Armia, and a 1st

Don't love losing Lemiuex but if that was what made the deal go so be it.

Armia whatever.

We are going to have a million prospects.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Myers was the best player, Armia has the potential to be a 25-30 goal scorer not a big Lemieux fan and hate losing the 1st and not getting a prospect back...seems pretty big price to pay

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So basically, Murray saw Arizona trade away Dubnyk and decided to raise.

:laugh:

At the end of the day, this all comes down to whether the change of scenery has a positive effect on Kane and his ability to be the kind of teammate that gels well enough with his teammates that his natural talent shines through.

The only on-ice concern I have with this deal is that Kane is a volume shooter and not a great finisher.

I doubt playing with Reinhart or McEichel changes that a whole lot.

The best part of the fit is that Kane skates so well that he can keep up with McEichel and leaves Moulson to ride shotgun with Reinhart.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
I think they should be building around Myers but I'm satisfied they at least got a RHD at about the same age and contract status so they don't get too young.

I'm skeptical of Kane but I'm willing to take the risk. And I'm skeptical enough on Lemieux and Armia that I'm not going to lament their trade yet. I guess it all hinges on Kasdorf being the #1 down the line? :sarcasm:

As always, anyone who's drawn a conclusion yet is simply wasting their time.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I don't know what to make of this deal. The only positive thing I can come up with right now is that the Sabres will have 1 more NHL player on the roster come fall than before they made this trade. :dunno:

I'm not very high on either Lemieux or Armia so I don't really care about giving up those guys but throwing in an additional 1st rounder seems overkill. Jets already get the best player in the deal, why should Sabres have to put icing on the cake too?

Oh well. I think, in the end, it's a good move adding more NHL players to the roster. A team like Buffalo can absolutely afford to (and should) move prospects and picks for roster players, I just don't like that they had to include their best player and a cornerstone to the future in order to do so. Stafford, Armia, Lemieux and a 1st should fetch more than Kane and I think if Myers really had to be moved he could have garnered a better player or package than Bogo.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
So the extra piece is a guy with a .900 sv% in college.

Tim loves his big goalies....

Yeah....Jeez. You'd think Murray could've at least gotten Comrie. Guess he felt like we needed to replace Connor Knapp lol.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
I had very little interest in Kane, He's flatlined recently and he may have peaked...Murray is banking this overpayment on Kane breaking out and becoming a 40 goal scorer...and this is character issues aside. Myers alone was more valuable, a great Dman to build around. Wouldn't have given much more than a couple decent prospects and maybe a 2nd for Kane...

Bogo can partly replace Myers's production, but not fully. He still has room to grow though.

I know nothing about Kasdorf.

Stafford...well we were gonna trade him anyway, so this doesn't matter too much. Still, its an opportunity lost to trade him at the deadline for another pick/prospect

Armia...he was turning a corner, but he is injury prone. I wouldn't be totally against giving him up, but not as an addition in this deal

Lemieux...he was having a great season...but I guess the Barbashev vs. Lemieux debate is moot now.

1st is a 1st, but it's less fodder to use as trade up bait

I really, really hate this. I'm sick to my stomach right now.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Myers was the best player, Armia has the potential to be a 25-30 goal scorer not a big Lemieux fan and hate losing the 1st and not getting a prospect back...seems pretty big price to pay

Myers isn't the best player if Kane's head is on straight and he can score 30+ regularly playing with Reinhart or McEichel.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Pack of futures + Myers for Kane and Bogosian, Buffalo gets tougher, more physical, trades for players further along in their development, and brings in a top 6 forward, pretty much checked off every box General Taco Bus has said he was looking for.

Outside of Myers there's nothing going to Win that I had as a core piece and even Myers wasn't someone I thought we'd be leaning on in a top role.

Time to fire up the Sekera to Buffalo for Compher and a 1st machine.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
The only bright side I'm seeing with this is at least Myers isn't going to Detriot. Not pleased with giving up myers for a guy thats gonna walk in a few years.

ADoubleD

Jul 19, 2009
Buffalo, NY
You people are ridiculous. The reason we got all these picks and prospects was so we'd be able to make trades like this. Oh no we gave up two guys who were probably gonna end up as middle 6 forwards. If absolutely everything goes right for Armia he'll maybe be as good as Kane. I mean I'm reading reactions that make me think we gave up Reinhart, Risto, or Zemgus.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
So he'll be out the door in two years. Just great.

it's 3 years starting next year...

And that will be 3 years playing with McDavid/Eichel. You that sure he's just gonna dip 3 years from now when were close to contention?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Yeah....Jeez. You'd think Murray could've at least gotten Comrie. Guess he felt like we needed to replace Connor Knapp lol.

I like Murray (a little confused today) but its like he has a big goalie fetish and just looked for the tallest/heaviest one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad