Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] Sabres sign D Owen Power to ELC (3 years, $916.667k AAV)

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Nice looking forward to watching him. Guy is going to be a force once he gets his man strength. Still kind of gangly when I watch him. Not many dmen are that big and can skate like him.

Reactions: The Blunder Years

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
The best part is that Buffalo doesn’t need Power to step in and be a top pairing or even a top 4 right away. He can marinate on the 3rd pairing in sheltered minutes until he’s ready. He just needs to be better than Will Butcher 🤣

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If he and Dahlin were in the same draft he would be picked ahead of Dahlin. Sabers have an insane duo on the blue line for the future.
Definitely not, but I am glad to have them both.

Pretty expected. Big incentive for him, Beniers and Johnson to sign and play one game to get their burn year (doesn't apply to L. Hughes as he'd need 9 to get his burn year).
His contract is ineligible to slide this season, so Power gets to burn a year regardless of whether he plays or not. Likely he'll make his debut against Toronto on Tuesday, though.

Last edited:

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Don't get why they would sign him now and burn a year? It's obviously good for Power but I don't see the benefit for the Sabres.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Don't get why they would sign him now and burn a year? It's obviously good for Power but I don't see the benefit for the Sabres.

They get him signed, get him around the team and start planning for next year. They can also see if he meshes with their current group of RD and see what they want in one over the summer to pair with him. Nickel and diming over a single contract year doesn't seem all that valuable.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Yes! Never have to see Will Butcher in the lineup ever again. Sabres Left side will be one of the best in the league as early as next season is everything goes to plan with Dahlin-Power-Samuelsson (who has been surprisingly very good).

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad