Confirmed Trade: [BUF/MIN] Scandella, Pominville, 4th Round Pick for Ennis, Foligno, 3rd Round Pick

blackrock

Feb 8, 2007
Sounds like its going to be Scandella for picks/prospects/young forwards.

Scandella for a 2d and one of Bailey/Baptiste/Fasching?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Sounds like its going to be Scandella for picks/prospects/young forwards.

Scandella for a 2d and one of Bailey/Baptiste/Fasching?

Can't say I'd be happy about it, but if it let's us get Nino/Granlund locked up long term and do whatever else we need to in terms of free agents...sure. Hopefully Fletcher can do better.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
So now your expectation is that every poster read every post of every thread before commenting less they insult you by not knowing your entire post history. Give me a break. What is your problem?

It's less than 2 pages of posts, god forbid you take a minute to read them before you get on your jump to conclusions mat.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
In Boston's case I can see Minnesota taking one of McQuaid or Miller back. With Folin gone I think Fletcher's looking to add a big, vet RD to play with Olofsson on the bottom pairing anyway, so getting one back in trade might be a better option than free agency.

Not saying that's how it would happen, but it makes some sense.

That brings very little cap help for Minnesota.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Wild need to move some salary, not take more on. Add in that Kane is bomb waiting to go off and this does not work.

Well, at risk of a hard no, let's play around a little:

Kane (50% retained)
Mittelstadt

for

Brodin
Pominville

You dump salary overall this year and next.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
No thanks on Scandella. You can keep him for the value it will cost to attain him. He's not worth it. We have enough bad contracts.

Last edited:

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I'm guessing protected 1st round pick from Buffalo is the best Fletcher can get for Scandella right now. From value standpoint that's an easy win for Buffalo but when cap is what it is, there's not much you can do.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

Kane (50% retained)
Mittelstadt

for

Brodin
Pominville

It still doesn't make sense for MIN. They don't have a need for another LW.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So is he saying that Minny isn't interested at all in Mittelstadt? Because that doesn't really make sense. Maybe as the main piece going back in a trade, but as part of a deal I don't see why they would have no interest. A young center prospect with good potential should really be on everyone's radar.

I've heard this a couple of times about him. Surprising, but if anyone would know CM, the Wild would. I also think the Wild would want someone playing in the NHL if Brodin is going.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
That brings very little cap help for Minnesota.

It does, so it depends on what Granlund/Nino actually sign for and what else Fletcher wants to do this offseason. After trading Scandella we'd still need:

- 4th line center and LW
- backup goalie
- bottom-pairing RD
- extra forward (?)

The bottom-pairing RD is probably the most expensive one to fill via free-agency, so we might be looking at $2m-ish regardless. Maybe Boston retains $500k-$1m or something and Minnesota adds a 4th? I dunno.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Kane (50% retained)
Mittelstadt

for

Brodin
Pominville

Maybe the only thing the Wild would have less interest in than 1 year of Evander Kane is using Brodin to dump Pominville's salary.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It does, so it depends on what Granlund/Nino actually sign for and what else Fletcher wants to do this offseason. After trading Scandella we'd still need:

- 4th line center and LW
- backup goalie
- bottom-pairing RD
- extra forward (?)

The bottom-pairing RD is probably the most expensive one to fill via free-agency, so we might be looking at $2m-ish regardless. Maybe Boston retains $500k-$1m or something and Minnesota adds a 4th? I dunno.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/wild
PROJECTED CAP SPACE : $13,441,409

8F/5D/2G.

Nino& Granlund could take 11-12M from that already on their own.

With Bostons C prospects I wouldn't give up Frederic today.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
After reading through the board & my own personal thoughts...

To Minnesota: Alex Nylander, BUF 2018 3rd

To Buffalo: Marco Scandella, conditional MIN 2018 1st
*condition - If MIN misses playoffs & 2018 1st is in the lottery, regardless of where pick lands, pick changes to MIN 2019 1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad