Confirmed Trade: [BUF/MIN] Scandella, Pominville, 4th Round Pick for Ennis, Foligno, 3rd Round Pick

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So is he saying that Minny isn't interested in at all Mittelstadt? Because that doesn't really make sense. Maybe as the main piece going back in a trade, but as part of a deal I don't see why they would have no interest. A young center prospect with good potential should really be on everyone's radar.

You could read it two ways:

1.) The Wild are utterly uninterested in Mittelstadt and wouldn't take him for free.
2.) The Wild aren't interested enough to pay the price it would take to acquire him.

I'd go with Option 2. If the idea is that they'd move Brodin for him, I absolutely don't see that happening.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
So is he saying that Minny isn't interested at all in Mittelstadt? Because that doesn't really make sense. Maybe as the main piece going back in a trade, but as part of a deal I don't see why they would have no interest. A young center prospect with good potential should really be on everyone's radar.

I'm guessing they don't want him as the main piece in a deal. BUF wouldn't move him for Scandella and he's not enough for Brodin or Dumba.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Reinhart's not available, but some combination of Kane, Nylander, Mittelstadt, Asplund, picks should be available for Brodin or Scandella.

Eating Pominville's contract doesn't work for us, much as it would be a nice reunion.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Reinhart's not available, but some combination of Kane, Nylander, Mittelstadt, Asplund, picks should be available for Brodin or Scandella.

Eating Pominville's contract doesn't work for us, much as it would be a nice reunion.

Kane makes no sense for either guy as Wild don't want that salary back since you said BUF wouldn't want Pominville. Asplund and Nylander would be my targets, but not for Brodin/Dumba.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Kane makes no sense for either guy as Wild don't want that salary back since you said BUF wouldn't want Pominville. Asplund and Nylander would be my targets, but not for Brodin/Dumba.

We can retain on Kane, only 1 year.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Neither's Brodin.

Scandella is absolutely a viable target. Nylander would probably be overpayment, but I wouldn't be against adding to Scandella for him. Asplund interests me as well, though I'm less sure about the value there. The Bailey/Baptiste/Fasching gang is less interesting to me personally, but I could see Fletcher looking to add an NHL-ready wing with size. Not sure.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Brodin only goes for a big overpayment like Reinhart+ or else it really doesn't make any sense to move him. Likely looking at Scandella. Fletcher could be looking at moving him for picks or add something to him like a future 1st for Nylander.
Why would it make sense to move Scandella but not Brodin?

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Then MIN doesn't trade Brodin, not a hard concept.

You are right it's not. You seem to be the one who can't grasp it. Instead of using hyperbole and throwing out ridiculous offers (which tend to come off as insulting), just say flat out that Minny won't trade Brodin for anything that will be acceptable to the other team. There's no need to be a dick about it.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Fletcher just paid Vegas Haula + Tuch so Wild could keep Brodin and Dumba. Don't think he would trade either one for anything less than overpayment.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Without dumping cap how is Boston going to afford this.

Scandella makes a lot of sense for Buffalo though.

Scandella- Risto
McCabe- Bogo
Beaulieu- Antipin.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
You are right it's not. You seem to be the one who can't grasp it. Instead of using hyperbole and throwing out ridiculous offers (which tend to come off as insulting), just say flat out that Minny won't trade Brodin for anything that will be acceptable to the other team. There's no need to be a dick about it.

I did say that previously in the thread if you took the time to read it.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Why would it make sense to move Scandella but not Brodin?

Personally I think their current play is pretty close, so I'm not going to claim that Brodin is waaay better or anything. Brodin's better defensively, but worse offensively and less physical than Scandella.

They have effectively the same contracts, but Scandella's older and has less room to grow. In my opinion, if you're mostly looking for cap space you don't trade Brodin for fair value when you have the option to trade Scandella.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I did say that previously in the thread if you took the time to read it.

So now your expectation is that every poster read every post of every thread before commenting less they insult you by not knowing your entire post history. Give me a break. What is your problem?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Without dumping cap how is Boston going to afford this.

Scandella makes a lot of sense for Buffalo though.

Scandella- Risto
McCabe- Bogo
Beaulieu- Antipin.

In Boston's case I can see Minnesota taking one of McQuaid or Miller back. With Folin gone I think Fletcher's looking to add a big, vet RD to play with Olofsson on the bottom pairing anyway, so getting one back in trade might be a better option than free agency.

Not saying that's how it would happen, but it makes some sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad