OT: B's OT Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@ColePens
Finally opened a Roth IRA with Vanguard. Funding some 2050 Retirement goal stuff with it. Will contribute to my yearly 6k max or whatever.

I kinda delayed and missed out on that other corona crash trading. But that's fine.

This new Roth IRA is probably some of the most responsible shit I could do with my money, either way.

In mean, besides these bitchin quality 6-24mm ratcheting combination wrenches that just arrived. Lol.

Vangaurd has some very very solid stuff outside of retirement goal target funds. Their index funds are strong. I would recommend reviewing some of their best mutual funds. They have stuff very similar to Fidelity's FBGRX (which I love) and a few others.

But nonetheless - best decision man. Well done.

Reactions: EightyOne

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Dude...

Agreed, the last two were better, but this one was a perfect setup for the finale. The dark tone at the beginning was just perfect. Like a classic tragedy. You know it will go bad, you just have to discover how it will happen. Very well done.

Rex resisting the order at first and then being "overruled" by his chip. That was great as well. That cliffhanger at the end! I... cannot... wait... until... Monday!

I started watching the Clone Wars after the initial run. Watched the movie when it originally came out and hated it, so I did not really bothered with the series. Watched it on Netflix a few years ago and was hooked.

I loved it.
Maul is awesome as always, and the scene of the actual turn was fantastic. It's a shame the movies didn't have any sort of relationship built between any of the clones and the jedi, because this scene was so much more impactful than seeing it happen in the movie.

I watched it on Netflix too. I watched it at lunch time at work. I was like Scandale, I didn't care for the movie so I put it off until I just heard enough good things to convince me to get back in to it. The series as a whole still had a fair amount of episodes that weren't that good imo, but pretty much anything focused on Anakin, Obi Wan, Ashoka, or the clones were great. Rex is probably my favorite part of the show.

I feel like I should start up Rebels after this finale on Monday.

The one thing I forgot to mention was that the music really reminded me of the Vangelis soundtrack from Blade Runner.

And yes, watch Rebels after this.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That Vangelis soundtrack is great, so now I want to watch it, and I can't think of any War I love less than a Star War.
there is one truly war
A1kw9C2VBML._RI_.jpg

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Ewwwww. Ugly shitty car.

I liked the previous gens better BECAUSE they were uglier loll they've tried to tone them down a bit.

But there's nothing inherently wrong with them.

It i went kia/hyundai, I'd have to go Elantra GT N-Line, personally.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I weirdly do not care how a car looks. I just want that shit to do what it is supposed to do. I want it reliable and I want technology. That's it. f*** anything else. I don't care how many horseys it has. I'm not f***ing Vin Diesel over here.

I went with a Lexus nx200 because it is a small reliable SUV.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I weirdly do not care how a car looks. I just want that shit to do what it is supposed to do. I want it reliable and I want technology. That's it. f*** anything else. I don't care how many horseys it has. I'm not f***ing Vin Diesel over here.

Comfort and leg room are key as well, but otherwise absolutely.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

You do not care... yet... you have a Lexus. Come on, bro ;)

Lexus are freaking great.

P.S.: I drive a Mercedes GLA.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You do not care... yet... you have a Lexus. Come on, bro ;)

Lexus are freaking great.

P.S.: I drive a Mercedes GLA.

I love the GLA. I really do. But I promise it comes down to a few things

1) I want a reliable f***ing car. I do not want to have to do a bunch of things or fixes. So I dive DEEP into reliability on consumer report. This is my #1 thing.

2) I want technology. I want the nice screen, the mouse, etc. Honestly this is all I do.. I drive the car and listen to music. So I want a safe reliable awesome technology car. A sweet 7-12 inch screen that is updated is IT.

3) I want luxury/service. Lexus delivered the car to me. They pick it up for when it needs it's check ups. They treat me very well.

But I definitely love the GLA. Beautiful look. But those aren't cars people talk about. They are just super comfortable and very reliable.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I had a Ford Edge that was really nice. Custom interior and one of the best touch screens I could think of. Towards the end of its life here are the things that it did.

- Heat blew out cold air. AC blew out heat. I had to hold 3 buttons in to reset it every time the car started.
- The door would show ajar because the sensor was shit and I had to use keyboard spray every couple months to fix it. A KNOWN FORD ISSUE... that they want $400 to fix. Albeit an issue of theirs.
- My backup camera went upside down occasionally.
- Ford Bluetooth would f***ing go wild every now and again.
- Ford dealerships are the worst with customer service. They don't care.

I'm an adult with a job. :laugh: I don't want to deal with electrical stuff. I was tired of going on forums to read about fixes that work. I just want the damn car to work. :laugh: So i reviewed service/customer service/etc. Lexus was it for me. But i don't have any brand loyalty at all. I'll go to the safest/reliable/comfortable/tech car. And I don't care if it gets beat up. It gets my hockey shit thrown in it. It is what it is.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I love the GLA. I really do. But I promise it comes down to a few things

1) I want a reliable f***ing car. I do not want to have to do a bunch of things or fixes. So I dive DEEP into reliability on consumer report. This is my #1 thing.

2) I want technology. I want the nice screen, the mouse, etc. Honestly this is all I do.. I drive the car and listen to music. So I want a safe reliable awesome technology car. A sweet 7-12 inch screen that is updated is IT.

3) I want luxury/service. Lexus delivered the car to me. They pick it up for when it needs it's check ups. They treat me very well.

But I definitely love the GLA. Beautiful look. But those aren't cars people talk about. They are just super comfortable and very reliable.

Lexus is Toyota, they are tanks.

Mercedes are expensive to maintain, but they are fun as hell.

I had a BMW before... loved it, but it was a money pit :laugh:

Reactions: ColePens

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The Phantom Menace isn't nearly as bad as I recall. Jar Jar still sucks though.

The prequels have a very good storyline (shit character built, but good premise). The execution is shit though.

Corny dialog, bad acting, uneven directing, way too much/too apparent blue screens. (Bad) style over substance. Characters are not well-developed.

They feel very artificial. The narrative structure is very good though.

There is greatness in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad