OT: B's OT Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Hulu has a ton of seasons of Survivor so I’ve just been watching that recently. Perfect show to passively watch. Does anyone have any seasons they’d recommend (no spoilers please!), I’m about halfway through season 28, but that’s the first one I started on.

I'm a massive Survivor fan. Seen every episode of every season. Now... i gotta say, I don't really watch them live on air, except this season because I'm watching it with my grand mother (TONIGHT!!)...

But I highly recommend the earlier seasons, before all the madness with the idols and tricks and fire tokens and all that shit. Earlier in the seasons they changed locations a lot and really had to work and plot and backstab to win the game.

My favorite? Probably season 19 with Russel Hantz. I'm a bit of a Russel fan tho... I mean... isn't everyone? The guy lied about EVERYTHING.... thats awesome... haha

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Hulu has a ton of seasons of Survivor so I’ve just been watching that recently. Perfect show to passively watch. Does anyone have any seasons they’d recommend (no spoilers please!), I’m about halfway through season 28, but that’s the first one I started on.

DO NOT WATCH SURVIVOR OUT OF ORDER.

If you are a fan and want to watch all the seasons, they have repeating players and past winners rejoin as players etc etc... plus not to mention the players are constantly talking about past players of the game and the moves they make.

Just because the series has 40 seasons, doesn't mean the early seasons aren't any good. They're better IMO.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I ended up buying Minecraft for windows 10 so my daughter could have the RTX beta version of the game. Turned out that the ray tracing is friggin incredible and I found myself playing the dang thing just to fiddle with the effects of the game. I don't think I could ever go back to normal minecraft... well... non RTX version.

Even she *a six year old (seven in a month)* was blown away by the difference in the RTX version. I gotta say, ray tracing is going to explode in popularity when the new consoles support ray tracing.

I'm actually happy... really happy with the 2060 SUPER... the 2080Ti isn't THAT much more suped up on RTX tensors (or whatever) for ray tracing performance. about 50% boost for 1,000$ isn't worth it.

I'm super excited to see the RTX performance on the 30 series of Nvidia's next cards, but even MORE excited for the 40 series just over a year from now (when I'll upgrade). 30 series won't be a big enough leap to justify the price for performance. The 3060 will be probably meh until the Ti or SUPER versions release and the 4060 will be hopefully double my 2060... but again... will wait for the Ti or super versions. FE editions of GPU's don't tickle my buying instinct.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Minecraft is one of those games that I love for like 3 hours and then completely lose interest for like 2 years. Then I think to myself that I'm gonna stick with it this time, play for 3 more hours, and lose interest again.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Minecraft is one of those games that I love for like 3 hours and then completely lose interest for like 2 years. Then I think to myself that I'm gonna stick with it this time, play for 3 more hours, and lose interest again.

This is a perfect description for how I feel about minecraft :laugh:

Starting games is fun, so maybe I play for like 5 hours in a day, but then I get overwhelmed and just quit.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
This is a perfect description for how I feel about minecraft :laugh:

Starting games is fun, so maybe I play for like 5 hours in a day, but then I get overwhelmed and just quit.
It's honestly been my cycle with most open world games. I did it a few times each with Marrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 :laugh: It's incredible that I've never bought Skyrim to play the first 2 hours every other year.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Yep, I bought it in 2010 to have on my laptop for when I got deployed and figured that kind of game would keep me entertained for a year with it's wide open sandbox play.

Turns out over the years I play it for a week and then leave it a year or two, play a week and leave it for a year.

BUT my daughter has stuck with it for a good several months then dropped it. She just recently picked it back up again and has been playing hard for several weeks now... you should see the cool shit she does with it.

I actually encourage that game for her, it pushes creativity and actually makes you use your head a bit more than your average robotic 'shoot and kill' games. For kids at least... I think it's a great way to dump some time and flesh out some creativity that a kid has. She makes the most interesting stuff in that game...way cooler than I ever did, but then again, children have wild imaginations.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Attachments

• TOW1.jpg
    TOW1.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 5

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla

I'm playing 'The Outer Worlds' now and man this game sucked me right in. Story and dialog is interesting and the gun play is even more fun...
I'm holding off for a price drop, but I'm definitely looking forward to that one. I just have too many unplayed games to justify buying new ones at full price unless I plan to play them with other people.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm holding off for a price drop, but I'm definitely looking forward to that one. I just have too many unplayed games to justify buying new ones at full price unless I plan to play them with other people.

Sooooo very worth it. I heard it's short, but I'm at 5 hours in the 'tutorial town' first part of the game. Obsidian really kicks ass with their story-telling. It's like Fallout: New Vegas with better graphics, better story, fun as hell weaponry... the dialog choices are great and the weapon mod stuff is great too.

I hear ya for couch -vs- keyboard mouse... I never used to be a kb/m guy, but lately that is all I've been using. I'm hooked on shooters with a mouse and I'm not sure I can go back to using a controller. Not to mention PC has mods, which I haven't even looked into yet for Outer Worlds.

I let this game sit for a week or two after I just installed it to take a peek see at the graphics, but now I'm hooked. Dropped all the other games I had been working on for this.

@Randy Butternubs
It's not going anywhere... you're in for a treat if you like Obsidian role-playing shooters. A damn good treat.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
DO NOT WATCH SURVIVOR OUT OF ORDER.

If you are a fan and want to watch all the seasons, they have repeating players and past winners rejoin as players etc etc... plus not to mention the players are constantly talking about past players of the game and the moves they make.

Just because the series has 40 seasons, doesn't mean the early seasons aren't any good. They're better IMO.

Ill keep that in mind. Unfortunately got the current season I’m watching now spoiled cuz I was looking up the best survivor seasons and the jabroni who wrote the article gave away the winner in the first paragraph without warning

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
@Randy Butternubs
It's not going anywhere... you're in for a treat if you like Obsidian role-playing shooters. A damn good treat.

Never played one.

Bioshock Trilogy and the first two (maybe, three?) Borderlands are also getting Switch releases. Never played a Bioshock, but loved the first two Borderlands.

Seems like I'll have a ton of first person games to play. I haven't even finished Doom for the Switch yet.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Never played one.

Bioshock Trilogy and the first two (maybe, three?) Borderlands are also getting Switch releases. Never played a Bioshock, but loved the first two Borderlands.

Seems like I'll have a ton of first person games to play. I haven't even finished Doom for the Switch yet.
Bioshock is a great series.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just got done watching "Southern Comfort." Watched "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" to complete the "BedTime Story" series/remakes. Though I couldn't bring myself to watch the original the whole way.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
One benefit of the lock down, it's opened up time for my D&D group to start a new adventure.
Jealous. I tried to get my work group to do some online sessions but they didn't want to. Sad times. We were trying to do monthly, but only managed to get two sessions between Nov and Feb, and then we got shut down. Super sad, because the two games we did were good times.

The other group I had been playing with last year fell apart too. I don't think I'm meant to have a consistent DnD game.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
@Ogrezilla

I'm playing 'The Outer Worlds' now and man this game sucked me right in. Story and dialog is interesting and the gun play is even more fun...

So damn good.

More Outer Worlds-sized games, please, games industry. It was nice to get obsessive about an open-world game and then actually beat it. It is insane how ancient that game feels to me now, though, just because of it being the last game I played before the world done broke.

Reactions: LOGiK and Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
So damn good.

More Outer Worlds-sized games, please, games industry. It was nice to get obsessive about an open-world game and then actually beat it. It is insane how ancient that game feels to me now, though, just because of it being the last game I played before the world done broke.
you guys are making me want to buckle and just buy it now. But that's how I keep snowballing my backlog :cry: And I'm still not done with DQ11. It's still the same mix of really great game mixed with some overly cute art/design choices and a bit too much padding imo. The good parts are great. The combat and character building is solid JRPG stuff. But the stuff that isn't directly related to my characters or the main plot are definitely not great.

Reactions: LOGiK

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
you guys are making me want to buckle and just buy it now. But that's how I keep snowballing my backlog :cry: And I'm still not done with DQ11. It's still the same mix of really great game mixed with some overly cute art/design choices and a bit too much padding imo.

Ah...yeah. XBox Game Pass came up in the clutch for me there.

The good news is that it's short for its genre. 1/3 the size of a Dragon Quest game. Still plenty long enough to be worth the price, just not the kind of game that destroys a backlog in the name of excessive padding. It's a great way to kill a couple weeks, not a couple months.

Usually companions are little more than ballast in these kinds of game...that is most definitely not the case here. I loved the companions. All of them. Especially Parvati.

Reactions: LOGiK and Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So damn good.

I noticed the first world - TERRA 2 - (i think?) virtually the tutorial world.... is very small and the city itself even smaller, but yet there is a good 5 hours or more of gameplay from those 3-5 simple quest givers.

NOW I'm all torn up!!! I was ready to turn in my quests and make my decision who to go with and who to screw.... I had going with Adelaine rock solid set in stone and ready to rock, screwing over the town maniacs.... THEN I FOUND THE TEETH!!!! and not to screw over the story for anyone, but I am going into this game fresh, no spoilers no idea about anything story related (only know that it's an Obsidian game (all i need to know))... so now my seemingly easy choice for moving on to the second map is incredibly difficult decision with both of their stories, they are both dubious at best...... It's not who I hate less, I hate them both and they are both appalling excuses for (video game) human beings.

@BIG
I hear it's a short game.... but I have like 7 hours in and I'm on tutorial world.... I talk to everyone and sometimes have to re explore an area for a mission I didn't pick up before going there.... doesn't bother me, I love the gunplay mechanics of this game.

@Ogrezilla
Nice forever rainy weekend.... if that is your kind of game... it just sucked me in away from 3 other games.... now I can't stop. I'm sure I'll get bored with it, but it's not long enough to run out it's welcome (I hear)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad