OT: B's Bar: Stirred - not shaken - with a twist of of sanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Another day of UPS saying my computer is 'Out For Delivery' with a link to a GPS of a truck going around my neighborhood in circles; another day of UPS emailing me that it's being delayed another day at a completely random time of the day.

8 days of this now. They must really hate that I didn't pay the $80 extra to have it overnighted from 8 miles away.

Reactions: LOGiK and EightyOne

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The best way to change the texture of tofu is to use an air fryer. It makes the tofu much chewier (in a good way). I am not a fan of soft tofu.

yeah air fried is what I've had. Still not a fan.

Does your wife ever make or buy seitan? That's my preferred meat substitute.

Never heard of seitan. She does the beyond and impossible stuff, she does tofu, whatever morningstar is, and jackfruit. Maybe something else, I dunno. Beyond and Impossible were the best, but still worse than real meat, and more expensive.

Seitan and tempeh rule.

Marinades are absolutely a thing with tofu. And while it smells bad, stinky tofu actually tastes delicious. But man, does it smell like ass. :laugh:

Smelling bad certainly doesn't help the whole thing :laugh:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You can easily do vegan body building without supplements.
I have a mate that consistently destroys the gyms PRs that tried to be vegan for a few years.

You really can't. Most that do aren't vegan from the start either. They try it at some point. But they also supplement a lot of vegan stuff for protein loss.

Tofu is higher in fat than chicken is. Does it have more fibre, calcium and magnesium? Yes. But that's assuming my lactose free milk doesn't supplement the calcium and the veggies for the fibre and magnesium.

For 3oz of tofu vs chicken, chicken protein is lower in fat and has 46% more protein.

So like I said, I'd have to eat more and the fat content, my gf loves my six pack, it's beach season you Sully loving wanker.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I have a mate that consistently destroys the gyms PRs that tried to be vegan for a few years.

You really can't. Most that do aren't vegan from the start either. They try it at some point. But they also supplement a lot of vegan stuff for protein loss.

Tofu is higher in fat than chicken is. Does it have more fibre, calcium and magnesium? Yes. But that's assuming my lactose free milk doesn't supplement the calcium and the veggies for the fibre and magnesium.

For 3oz of tofu vs chicken, chicken protein is lower in fat and has 46% more protein.

So like I said, I'd have to eat more and the fat content, my gf loves my six pack, it's beach season you Sully loving wanker.

Lots of body builders on this forum they can’t fathom not eating a chicken every meal..

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
A positive of being sober for over 2 months: my alcohol tolerance is down the drain so I get buzzed off of very few drinks :laugh:

I've had half a Bud Light seltzer and it's hitting me pretty hard

Lots of body builders on this forum they can’t fathom not eating a chicken every meal..

To be fair, I'd eat chicken for every meal even if I wasn't body building.

Reactions: EightyOne

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
A positive of being sober for over 2 months: my alcohol tolerance is down the drain so I get buzzed off of very few drinks :laugh:

I've had half a Bud Light seltzer and it's hitting me pretty hard

To be fair, I'd eat chicken for every meal even if I wasn't body building.

I get it. But, I just find it weird it isn’t something people can do because of “lifting” when like 20% of the NHL is moving towards plant based.

I’m not even vegan or care about people eating meat, it is just funny to see how stubborn people are about it.

We had fried pickles on our vegan menu at the restaurant I worked at and I remember someone said “these are pretty good, for being vegan” and I remember thinking... is Almond Milk really that big of a deal in a pickle batter?

Last edited:

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
I get it. But, I just find it weird it isn’t something people can do because of “lifting” when like 20% of the NHL is moving towards plant based.

I’m not even vegan or care about people eating meat, it is just funny to see how stubborn people are about it.

We had fried pickles on our vegan menu at the restaurant I worked at and I remember someone said “these are pretty good, for being vegan” and I remember thinking... is Almond Milk really that big of a deal in a pickle batter?

Yeah, I packed on a ton of muscle when I stopped eating meat. It turned out that the lifting was more important than the diet.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
30 f***ing years I've waited for this!

86DDDFC7-34C6-41D3-8265-0FA0A43771C2.jpeg

Reactions: That1Kid

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
You said surgery wasn't going to be that expensive or extensive? Try that.

If the results and prognosis continue to be bad, then the car is telling you it's time.
$300 for the quick surgery but if this last option does not work there is no point wasting money only to put him down right after. Talked to the vets today and said we can try Mirtazapine Transdermal to get him to eat but he will have to be put down eventually when he resists it and she doesn't think it will do anything anyway butt worth a try, it did let a cat live 1 year longer but that cat did not have this problem. So I am giving him his final option before calling it quits and letting him go to kitty heaven. No idea if it's cancer or some neurlogical thing going on causing him this, no fix they did all the known tests, even checked for covid because cats can get covid but nothing. No idea what it could be, cancer is most likely it but not confirmed. He just completly deterioated once his bump exploded and his eye problem came after.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Yeah poor guy. I usually try to aim for, once they stop playing/eating/drinking/bathroom, that they are done fighting....

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Out of all of the proteins I see at health food cafe’s like bison, buffalo, beef, chicken, pork, etc, chicken is usually the most popular and prepared in a certain way, its also lower in fat and still a great source of protein.

I’m not understanding your gripes. Maybe go to the gym.

Also mate, I am not a bodybuilder, i am a former athlete that still trains the same way partly from habit and how I feel when I do and still being able to do the outdoors activity at the level and frequency I do.

I can’t imagine being out of shape and struggling going hiking, surfing, kayaking, swimming, boxing, and going day camping (long hike) and regular camping. Sorry mate, my life doesn’t require me to go vegan and chicken’s are in abundance, the day they become an endangered species, I’ll get some shitty tofu and be miserable like others.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Out of all of the proteins I see at health food cafe’s like bison, buffalo, beef, chicken, pork, etc, chicken is usually the most popular and prepared in a certain way, its also lower in fat and still a great source of protein.

I’m not understanding your gripes. Maybe go to the gym.

Also mate, I am not a bodybuilder, i am a former athlete that still trains the same way partly from habit and how I feel when I do and still being able to do the outdoors activity at the level and frequency I do.

I can’t imagine being out of shape and struggling going hiking, surfing, kayaking, swimming, boxing, and going day camping (long hike) and regular camping. Sorry mate, my life doesn’t require me to go vegan and chicken’s are in abundance, the day they become an endangered species, I’ll get some shitty tofu and be miserable like others.

As I said, I have no problem with people not being vegan. Just find it hilarious a bunch of a "health conscious athletes" are so stubborn about not eating meat in this thread.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Another day of UPS saying my computer is 'Out For Delivery' with a link to a GPS of a truck going around my neighborhood in circles; another day of UPS emailing me that it's being delayed another day at a completely random time of the day.

8 days of this now. They must really hate that I didn't pay the $80 extra to have it overnighted from 8 miles away.
Have you been able to talk to anyone?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

People worry too much about what someone else is eating, IMO. Food should be good, people should respect other people's dietary decisions, and everyone should learn how to cook for themselves and take pride in good cooking.

Also fried pickle talk reminds me that it's time to pickle some okra.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Is an air fryer just a small oven?

Yes, I actually had the honor of being in a discussion (friendly argument) between someone because they said 'air frying is new technology'.... I said, 'are you ****ing kidding me? it blows hot air'

now besides that I really never researched them... but come on, seriously, it's not like a ufo landed and a nekid telepathic skinny bald human was standing there with a gift from the future.... holding a friggin air fryer...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

7 years ago I ordered my entire computer to build myself and when it came it was like the boys played soccer with the box. It was ripped wide open contents showing and all 3,000$ purchase totally molested. The 4400k haswell was missing too, I got in my car so fast and chased down the driver but he was outta there. Disappeared into south east dc... ups never rectified my stolen cpu either, 3-400$.

I just ordered an item that had free shipping, and was scheduled for like 10 days later delivery, paying 20 dollars for direct faster shipping only made it 8 days shipping (i think their calendar was messing up) .. it was a mega light sdcard reader for usb... so I just went free shipping. It came in 2 days. I could have paid the 20 dollars ripoff, for a 10$ card reader, to have it shipped the same time frame.

I dont think buying the express shipment option does much honestly. Aside from the warehouse workers saying, oh rich boy had to have his **** 1 day faster so he paid 80 dollars'.... then proceed to beat the shit out of your product before boxing it...

Last edited:
Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So "Jenna Marbles" goes on about how she didn't mean to do black face to mock/parody Nicki Minaj.

But she did. She planned that whole skit. Same for when she mocked Asians and same for when she slut shamed.

Her apology and what not is weird to me, she plays the victim and some how she's getting support for her racial stuff while others who have also reformed, never got the same benefit.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You my friend, can go get f***ed.

Bloody Brummie shit :laugh:
The kind of hostility expected from a Liverpool tosser!

Haha hey congrats. I'm not a footie fan so I can't be too annoyed since I have no dog in that fight mate. Crack open that vegan beer and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad