OT: B's Bar: Stirred - not shaken - with a twist of of sanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Watching the show 'alone' season 6 on nfx ... pretty mellow and non-eventful. Something to have on in the background...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Is an air fryer just a small oven?

Yes, I actually had the honor of being in a discussion (friendly argument) between someone because they said 'air frying is new technology'.... I said, 'are you ****ing kidding me? it blows hot air'

now besides that I really never researched them... but come on, seriously, it's not like a ufo landed and a nekid telepathic skinny bald human was standing there with a gift from the future.... holding a friggin air fryer...
It's a smaller convection oven yeah, air fryers just blow around the air more rapidly. But you're not wrong. Like 95% right except for that blowing air more rapidly part, mate. It's the Pixies of ovens, blows hot air more rapidly.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Watching the show 'alone' season 6 on nfx ... pretty mellow and non-eventful. Something to have on in the background...
I've been doing the same with Comic book men. I didn't like the way they're condescending to women that want to buy or sell comics or any attractive woman that comes in or cosplayers but when they geek out about issues of comics and other stuff it's not too bad.

Reactions: LOGiK

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Is an air fryer just a small oven?

Yes, I actually had the honor of being in a discussion (friendly argument) between someone because they said 'air frying is new technology'.... I said, 'are you ****ing kidding me? it blows hot air'

now besides that I really never researched them... but come on, seriously, it's not like a ufo landed and a nekid telepathic skinny bald human was standing there with a gift from the future.... holding a friggin air fryer...

"New Technology" lol

That's like saying a 2020 car is all "new technology". Yes it's new but they've just developed it better so it works more efficiently. It's basically a compact convection oven and I love mine!

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Have you been able to talk to anyone?

Nope. They delivered the backordered keyboard that shipped on Wednesday, though :help:

I do have a delivery window today, though, which is new. If it's not here by the end of that window then...I'll leave a 43rd angry voicemail that nobody will ever listen to...

As for Liverpool...I'll always hate Liverpool because I can't see that word without seeing a mental image of an Olympic-sized swimming pool filled with decaying livers. f***ing gross.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
"New Technology" lol

That's like saying a 2020 car is all "new technology". Yes it's new but they've just developed it better so it works more efficiently. It's basically a compact convection oven and I love mine!

I think he was just ****in' with me cause he thinks its funny when I get pissed off...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It's a smaller convection oven yeah, air fryers just blow around the air more rapidly. But you're not wrong. Like 95% right except for that blowing air more rapidly part, mate. It's the Pixies of ovens, blows hot air more rapidly.

I bet you two would be a treat stuck on an island together. You go together like oil and frozen yogurt.

Who is Felix Unger and who is Oscar Madison...

I think hog would be Oscar.

giphy.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
What!?

I have plenty of QUALITY YouTube finds

Anyone who considers themselves an influencer is trash, though

Personally, I find it embarrassing that grown adults need to idolize another human being and follows them around like sheep.

I mean...... we're not talking about notable historical figures here....
If Gaius Julius Caesar had a youtube channel today.... that'd be a bit different.... but most of these people are just spoiled brats.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Dear lord..y'all sound like you just go to YouTube Trending or something.

I'm currently watching someone build a mix of modern and original parts of an Amiga 1200 computer lol. This is super not cancer.

Plus the old episodes of California's Gold with Huell Howser. Lol. That man was a damn treasure!

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
What!?

I have plenty of QUALITY YouTube finds

Anyone who considers themselves an influencer is trash, though

It's a brutal platform...I watch more YouTube than anything else at this point in time, it is the best option for a lot of the types of things I'm interested in (namely travelogues and video essays), but even with years of watching a couple very specific types of video I still get the 'oh, you just watched a video about this biracial couple traveling in Jordan? Here's f***ing Pewdiepie, asshole' autoplay far too often.

I will probably have a YouTube channel down the road and that f***ing terrifies me on about fifty different levels...but without a viable alternative it is, sadly, what it is.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
It's a brutal platform...I watch more YouTube than anything else at this point in time, it is the best option for a lot of the types of things I'm interested in (namely travelogues and video essays), but even with years of watching a couple very specific types of video I still get the 'oh, you just watched a video about this biracial couple traveling in Jordan? Here's f***ing Pewdiepie, asshole' autoplay far too often.

I will probably have a YouTube channel down the road and that f***ing terrifies me on about fifty different levels...but without a viable alternative it is, sadly, what it is.

you ever come across 1Bike1World?

Dude cycle travels, mostly Europe right now, and a bit over a year ago found an abandoned kitten. And she's been riding with him since. He's got very little commentary. Just a nice guy with nice scenery.

It's both inspiring and deflating for me..cause man...I couldn't just go cycle randomly forever..I've been too housebroken to do real wander despite having great wanderlust

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Dear lord..y'all sound like you just go to YouTube Trending or something.

I'm currently watching someone build a mix of modern and original parts of an Amiga 1200 computer lol. This is super not cancer.

Plus the old episodes of California's Gold with Huell Howser. Lol. That man was a damn treasure!

Hopefully they fixed the bunk power supply and disk drive that couldn't read high density floppies.

Stupid black sheep Amiga.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Watching this show 'alone' gives me an idea for a show. I wonder if anyone would finance it...

A quick off the top of my head idea is, get around 50 people.... or whatever number, divide up 2 or three teams of ... I donno, 15-20 people. Hand pick engineer's, communications, masons, nutritionists, medical.... assign teams to unpopulated regions.... within 5 miles or so of each other, relatively close so they can trade / communicate, etc etc.... and let them build new communities to live in.... for a year or two or three or something.... like bio dome (remember that?) but on steroids... Could take it to whatever limit you wanted, depending on popularity of the show. Start families, build functioning society, communications, everything possible... etc etc...

Just a quick thought watching 'alone'....

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Watching this show 'alone' gives me an idea for a show. I wonder if anyone would finance it...

A quick off the top of my head idea is, get around 50 people.... or whatever number, divide up 2 or three teams of ... I donno, 15-20 people. Hand pick engineer's, communications, masons, nutritionists, medical.... assign teams to unpopulated regions.... within 5 miles or so of each other, relatively close so they can trade / communicate, etc etc.... and let them build new communities to live in.... for a year or two or three or something.... like bio dome (remember that?) but on steroids... Could take it to whatever limit you wanted, depending on popularity of the show. Start families, build functioning society, communications, everything possible... etc etc...

Just a quick thought watching 'alone'....

I swear there was a dystopian reality show on discovery or tlc that SORT of did this...obviously no family building lol

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Better power supply added via a ten pin adapter ;)

Nice.

A valiant attempt at a low budget model but it wasn't nearly the contender the 500 series was.

Poor Amiga. They were so ridiculously ahead of their time in so many ways and probably don't get the credit they deserve. But they often zigged when they shoulda zagged.

Reactions: EightyOne

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I ever come across 1Bike1World?

Dude cycle travels, mostly Europe right now, and a bit over a year ago found an abandoned kitten. And she's been riding with him since. He's got very little commentary. Just a nice guy with nice scenery.

I haven't, but I'll look it up. I've been overdosing on video essays and kinda avoiding the travel ones because they just make me depressed right now. My current rabbit hole involves a lot of analysis of psychological horror because that's a much lighter subject apparently.

Almost every one of my North American-based travel vlogs I follow are scratching their travel itch by doing the RV thing, which has always been a dream of mine...which then makes me depressed. Bah.

Reactions: EightyOne and LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I swear there was a dystopian reality show on discovery or tlc that SORT of did this...obviously no family building lol

Really? Damn. Any chance on the name? A word or anything of what it was called?

I'm just spit balling ideas... you obviously wouldn't have to create a family, I just mean if it happened and they felt like staying and it was integral to them staying onboard - if it was that popular of a show - kinda deal...

I don't mean for it to be dystopian in nature, but I guess it could be whatever....
I'm more into the, what would a society look like today if people just left to build their own society.... it wouldn't be a 'cult' so to speak because we wouldn't be picking everyone with the same ideals... more just a normal group of people wanting to participate in building their own town from scratch. Like in the old wild west with those pop up towns, but trying to sustain living there, not pillaging a resource and moving on... like gold or coal....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I haven't, but I'll look it up. I've been overdosing on video essays and kinda avoiding the travel ones because they just make me depressed right now. My current rabbit hole involves a lot of analysis of psychological horror because that's a much lighter subject apparently.

Almost every one of my North American-based travel vlogs I follow are scratching their travel itch by doing the RV thing, which has always been a dream of mine...which then makes me depressed. Bah.

Hey me too!

When I was in the military my dream was to buy an RV and have my BAH pay off my RV over the years.... that would have been so rad (lots of people do it - a good amount of bases have RV sections). It's like camping on base, but having your BAH pay for your RV that you get to keep instead of paying rent to some stupid house you don't get to keep...

and then I got married and like for many others.... all hope died.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Hey me too!

When I was in the military my dream was to buy an RV and have my BAH pay off my RV over the years.... that would have been so rad (lots of people do it - a good amount of bases have RV sections). It's like camping on base, but having your BAH pay for your RV that you get to keep instead of paying rent to some stupid house you don't get to keep...

and then I got married and like for many others.... all hope died.

My parents had a camper...but had to sell it when I was 3. I've been craving to scratch that itch ever since then.

The more it looks like a Woolworths threw up all over the interior, the better.

edit: Hell, my favorite Hot Wheels growing up was a Winnebago :laugh:

Last edited:

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003

...and now here's a video of Jordan Peterson explaining why women are evil chaos dragons to nodding, credulous idiot Joe Rogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->