Confirmed with Link: B's Announce 2013-14 Rookie Game Roster & Schedule

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I love watching Camara in practice- kid has pretty amazing hands in practice; he controls the line from the wing....at least in these drills. Walking around after he looks like he should be cast in The Outsiders. He just has the look both on and off the ice.

I admit my Spooner and Knight alegence aside, I am so intrigued at what he is going to do. I have to say I think if he stays under wraps he can play. When I read Kirk's tweet how he scored it was 'umm, that is what he did the last two days.'

you really cant take your eyes off him atleast in the camp- will be very interesting to see who he translates from 17 year olds to 22-27 year olds with man strength and fighting ability

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I love watching Camara in practice- kid has pretty amazing hands in practice; he controls the line from the wing....at least in these drills. Walking around after he looks like he should be cast in The Outsiders. He just has the look both on and off the ice.

I admit my Spooner and Knight alegence aside, I am so intrigued at what he is going to do. I have to say I think if he stays under wraps he can play. When I read Kirk's tweet how he scored it was 'umm, that is what he did the last two days.'

you really cant take your eyes off him atleast in the camp- will be very interesting to see who he translates from 17 year olds to 22-27 year olds with man strength and fighting ability

Camara/Spooner/Knight sounds like a pretty good line in a couple years

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Time to trade Caron for w/e u can get for him. Need roster spots.

What happened to dude Bruins got from Chicago? Flick?

member 96824

Not surprised about Trotman scoring. He was deadly as the trailing man at camp, can put a wrister where he wants.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Time to trade Caron for w/e u can get for him. Need roster spots.

What happened to dude Bruins got from Chicago? Flick?

I saw an hour of practice yesterday before I had to report to my probation officer and in fairness Caron looked very sleak and was moving well....he did not eat his way thru the summer, he certainly appears to have followed suit of others and got in great shape.

You look at him and he really is out of Central Casting for a hockey player- he's a big kid, skates above average, had a good enough defensive game to be on the checking line of the Canadian WJ team. He can shoot the puck well. Hard to figure because he's got the requisite size and his skating is much improved since he showed up a few years ago.

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
At least they have highlights on the Bruins site. Kinda weird that they didn't include the shootout, though.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Final score 5-5.

Baby B's goals by Trotman, Khokhlachev, Camara and Villemaire (2). Knight scored the only goal in the shootout.

Good first outing for camp invitee Maxime Villemaire with the 2 goals. Here's what Kirk Luedeke had to say about him in the NEHJ:

Maxime Villemaire, C - Big, hard-nosed center had his 2012-13 season at Saint John derailed by injuries (as has been the case for much of his QMJHL career). He did score the final goal of the season for the Sea Dogs, breaking up Zac Fucale’s chance at a shutout in Halifax’s 6-1 drubbing in Game 4 to sweep the 1st-round series last spring (2 goals in four games). At 6-foot-2, 217 pounds, Villemaire might be a more talked about prospect if not on IR so much. He is an effective fighter who had three bouts in 15 games with the ECHL’s Gwinnett Gladiators last spring.
http://www.hockeyjournal.com/blog/kirks/Kirk-s_Call-_Breaking_down_the_Bruins-_rookie_camp_roster

Game summary:

Friday marked the first exhibition game for the B's as they squared off against the young hopefuls of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Malcolm Subban got the nod in net, coming off last year's campaign where he led the OHL (Ontario Hockey League) in goals-against average (2.14) and ranked second in save percentage (.934).

Today's line combinations and defensive pairings:

Lindblad-Spooner-Knight
Camara-Khokhlachev-Griffith
Florek-Fallstrom-Villemaire
Dempsey-Hart-Simpson

Cross-Spinell
Beaureguard-Trotman
Cord-Casto

Subban
Morrison

Game Recap:

The B's rookies struck first, which started when blueliner Tommy Cross sent a pass to Seth Griffith behind the Tampa Bay net. Griffith then sent a slick feed to Anthony Camara, who was positioned out front, blasting it past the Lightning goaltender for the 1-0 lead at 12:08 in the first period, marking the first power-play goal of the game.

Tampa Bay answered halfway through the second period with Lightning rookie Adam Erne scooping up a rebound and chipping it past Subban, knotting the game up at 1-1. Not long after, Boston was able to convert on a power-play opportunity, which saw Zach Trotman send a one-timer past Lightning goaltender Kristers Gudlevskis to give the Bruins the lead once again. However, in the final two minutes of the middle frame, Tampa's Nikita Kucherov evened the score at 2-2 with the games first even-strength goal.

The third period featured the most action, with six goals being scored: three from each squad. Moscow native Alexander Khokhlachev started things off for the Black & Gold scoring an even strength goal 8:22 into the final period, which was assisted by Camara and Trotman. Tampa Bay countered 15 seconds later and tied the game yet again with a tally from Danick Gauthier, who was able to slip one by Subban. Less than a minute later, B's rookie Maxime Villemaire responded with the first of his two goals, regaining the Boston lead with 10:12 to go. Villemaire found the back of the net a second time on a power-play goal with just under four minutes remaining, giving Boston a two-goal cushion. But the Bruins were unable to hold the lead as the Lightning rookies were able to battle back to score two late goals from from Dan Milan and Tanner Richard to ultimately end the game tied, 5-5.

Following the exhibition game, both squads sent five players to partake in a shootout, which held no bearing on the outcome of the game and was more for fun. Ryan Spooner, Seth Griffith, Anthony Camara, Jared Knight and Alexander Khokhlachev represented Boston in the shootout, with Knight notching the lone goal among the five of them. Subban kept four out of five Tampa Bay shootout attempts out of the net, demonstrating great quickness and side-to-side push.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=681656&navid=DL|BOS|home

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I saw an hour of practice yesterday before I had to report to my probation officer and in fairness Caron looked very sleak and was moving well....he did not eat his way thru the summer, he certainly appears to have followed suit of others and got in great shape.

You look at him and he really is out of Central Casting for a hockey player- he's a big kid, skates above average, had a good enough defensive game to be on the checking line of the Canadian WJ team. He can shoot the puck well. Hard to figure because he's got the requisite size and his skating is much improved since he showed up a few years ago.

Claude and the system has clearly ruined him:sarcasm:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
was anyone at the game? Just wondering how our prospects looked.

Kirk has updates via twitter and over at NEHJ http://hockeyjournal.com/landing/index .

Chatted with him this morning and he'll have some good things to say when they get posted there.

In the meantime, you can check out his twitter https://twitter.com/kluedeke29 You don't have to sign up just to read them.

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 3m
B's fans, you can catch highlights of yesterday's rookie games here: http://video.panthers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=93 … Check back today for live streaming options too

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Kirk has updates via twitter and over at NEHJ http://hockeyjournal.com/landing/index .

Chatted with him this morning and he'll have some good things to say when they get posted there.

In the meantime, you can check out his twitter https://twitter.com/kluedeke29 You don't have to sign up just to read them.

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 3m
B's fans, you can catch highlights of yesterday's rookie games here: http://video.panthers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=93 … Check back today for live streaming options too

like Kirk's analysis of Knight's blurry fast release and why I've always thought he had gun fighter quick hands; Dom, I will call you later I'll be around later day chilling and watching college football, but another guy who has impressed me the two days and the DC camp with his pretty smooth hands and ability to be strong on the puck at the same time but consistently retain possession is Camara.

Knight and Camara are noticeably different to me in this area- Knight uses his body to protect puck and distributes it pretty well, but his release and power is top shelf- whereas Camara is quite effective navigating with the puck and also has a very good shot. Knight just needs to not play so low where he can not use this tool. The reason YOU told me years ago why he was so good was his hand/shot quickness combined with speed is bang on- you see it on the shoot out goal. Also, why they have to get him on the face offs. I heard you, Jake77 and others all tell me his hands, strength, wantability, and leverage make him a very good on faceoffs.

I also watched him screwing around a bit on the backhand at the camp and it was a joke how much he got on it.

To me he comes with the grit so he should worry more about scoring and the rest of his game take care of itself.

Camara is a guy to watch- going to very interested what he does the next 3 weeks; he is 99% going down, but if I am Boston I would make his development a significant priority because he skates to well, and his hands and shot are to good. Call me crazy but I really like him

one thing you have to like about Knight and Camara- THEY ARE GOING TO THE NET....there is no peripheral soft crap

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
DKH, I agree with you that I'm very excited about the progress of Camara and Knight. Can Camara keep improving and can Knight stay healthy I think the Bruins got themselves a pair of typical Bruins, tough, hardworking, talented and you did mentioned a couple of more important attributes, they booth got good speed as well as they can handle the puck and shoot while going to the net. I'm really rooting for them. As Dom said Kirk's report will be very interesting. Kirk was positive about them yesterday and I was kind of surprised they kept up with Tampa Rookie squad since they have top five guys and I loved the way Max Villemaire started his debut as an invitee.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Sounds like Koko really showed up to play at the rookie games.

How surreal would it be if by the end of the season we have Koko, Bartkowski AND Iginla all on the same team haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad