Confirmed with Link: B's Announce 2013-14 Rookie Game Roster & Schedule

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I get the inclusion in the Iginla package, and I don't hold it against the kid. I don't think that necessarily reflects badly on his future.

But if the rumor is true that they were willing to include him in a trade package for broken down has been 3rd liner Brendan Morrow. That is the one that makes me question him and wonder what the Bruins have seen they don't like

Morrow is 34 years old and had 14 points in 15 games for Pittsburgh after coming over to them, so I think you are bit over the top there. They were trying to give themselves some depth for the stretch drive and were dealing from a position of strength. Nothing more.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Who was the Bruin's goalie today?

Based on the highlights, he seemed to be having a lot of positioning trouble that was severely affecting his rebound control.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Morrow is 34 years old and had 14 points in 15 games for Pittsburgh after coming over to them, so I think you are bit over the top there. They were trying to give themselves some depth for the stretch drive and were dealing from a position of strength. Nothing more.

Yeah, just because Morrow sucked against us in the ECFs doesn't mean that 2 months prior our fans didn't want him as well.

Morrow slots into Warsofsky's spot in the organization's depth chart. DOn't thikn he will walk in and be in front of anyone. Since we have Krug we probably don't want another really small guy in the lineup at the same time.

BUT... he reminds me of Boychuk when we got him from Colorado's organization (put up huge points in the A) we'll teach him our system for a year in Providence and then this time next year when camp opens up give him a chance to show if he's an NHL player or not.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
That scares you? Fires me up

Not when it's costing us.

Looch lacked self control during those big series with the Habs. Sometimes cost us. I see the same similarities with Anthony as I did with him. Once he learns to tone it down (see his hit on Griffith in the playoffs) and know when the right time to strike, he'll be a much better player for us. I wont root for a guy on our team head hunting, which hes prone to do. Learn how to toe the line and not go over it. He hasn't learned it yet, lets not get carried away with him possibly making the team, because I don't see it.

All apart of the process. When he does 'get it', I look forward to him in the Hab series, I really do. :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Camara scares me. Sometimes in a good way. But he reminds me of old school Lucic playing against the Habs and when they'd try to draw a penalty on him, he'd always go for it. Now he's learned self control, but Camara hasn't learned that yet.

Hardly the first young player to lack discipline, not scared at all

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Hardly the first young player to lack discipline, not scared at all

Its not just his lack of self control. All his head hunting hits are enough for me to get a bit scared. I'm not here to see a player go out and intentionally go after someone. Not unreasonable. I'm sure the B's brass already sat down with him after he went at Griffith. He's got all the tools, just hoping he'll toe that line & learn it sooner, rather than later. :)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Its not just his lack of self control. All his head hunting hits are enough for me to get a bit scared. I'm not here to see a player go out and intentionally go after someone. Not unreasonable. I'm sure the B's brass already sat down with him after he went at Griffith. He's got all the tools, just hoping he'll toe that line & learn it sooner, rather than later. :)

Time will tell if he gets it, there are some who just run full steam all the time (Tootoo has done this for years), it`s in their blood, but it`s the timing of that style, the legality of the play, and does/will it take away from that player killing a play for the sake of a big hit.

I`m going to guess that with the staff he`s being developed under, they will help him understand the benefits of balance in his game.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
The staff cut Marchand's b***s off and he hasn't been as effective, we saw the same thing with Lucic. Let players that play with an edge continue to do so, if Camara becomes a young Matt Cooke I would be delighted by it as long as he steps up and answer to the other team for his hits.

In Bettmans wussified NHL I would expect some suspensions for Camara, but by today's standard Bob Sweeney would be looked at like Bob Probert was 25 years ago.

member 96824

The staff cut Marchand's b***s off and he hasn't been as effective, we saw the same thing with Lucic. Let players that play with an edge continue to do so, if Camara becomes a young Matt Cooke I would be delighted by it as long as he steps up and answer to the other team for his hits.

In Bettmans wussified NHL I would expect some suspensions for Camara, but by today's standard Bob Sweeney would be looked at like Bob Probert was 25 years ago.

No. Not that far. Even if he answers the bell, it still puts other players in potential danger on the eye for an eye level.

I don't ever want to see a Bruin play like Matt Cooke, I want Camara to play like a young Lucic did. Throwing the body, throwing the fists, chipping in offensively. There's a difference between playing with a physical edge, and playing to end player's careers. Nothing honorable about knee seeking and head shots.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
No. Not that far. Even if he answers the bell, it still puts other players in potential danger on the eye for an eye level.

I don't ever want to see a Bruin play like Matt Cooke, I want Camara to play like a young Lucic did. Throwing the body, throwing the fists, chipping in offensively. There's a difference between playing with a physical edge, and playing to end player's careers. Nothing honorable about knee seeking and head shots.

Agreed, you want the kid to stay out of Matt Cooke/Steve Downie territory. Downie seems to have cooled his jets a bit.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Not when it's costing us.

Looch lacked self control during those big series with the Habs. Sometimes cost us. I see the same similarities with Anthony as I did with him. Once he learns to tone it down (see his hit on Griffith in the playoffs) and know when the right time to strike, he'll be a much better player for us. I wont root for a guy on our team head hunting, which hes prone to do. Learn how to toe the line and not go over it. He hasn't learned it yet, lets not get carried away with him possibly making the team, because I don't see it.

All apart of the process. When he does 'get it', I look forward to him in the Hab series, I really do. :laugh:

Examples?

Camara isn't a head hunter either, he's a skilled player that hit like a truck. I'm sure he's crossed the line once or twice, but everyone has. If Branch didn't turn the OHL into a giant pansy league it would be a non-issue.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

The thought of Camara becoming a "young Matt Cooke" is vomit-inducing. Thankfully the Bruins will never allow that to happen.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'm fine with playing like a young Lucic, but the sentiment I am against is just turning him into another forward that plays "a disciplined, sound game". That is fine in June, I want teams afraid of the Bruins and a guy who throws hard, borderline hits will make teams look over their shoulders when he is on the ice. Intimidation is still a part of the game and it's a part of the game I feel the Bruins really were lacking last year.

I prefer to see the Bruins initiate contact as opposed to being the recipients.

In any case Camara is at least a year away, I really doubt they go with a pure rookie over guys like Smith and Fraser.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

:shakehead:help: That is unacceptable.

If Camara is like cooke I don't want him on the b's or in the NHL.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So all you guys that hate Cooke would have said no to him when he was putting up 15 goals and hitting everything in sight? The Bruins have had some dirty players in their time, Kenny Linseman springs to mind right off the bat.

For the record I can't stand Cooke and feel the Bruins let him get off way to easy after the Savard hit, after the Thornton fight he should have had to fight Chara and Lucic and who cares if they took instigators in a regular season game.

If a player helps you win you have him on your team whether you like him or hate him, I couldn't stand Kessel but if he helps you win you take him and deal with how you feel about him.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So all you guys that hate Cooke would have said no to him when he was putting up 15 goals and hitting everything in sight? The Bruins have had some dirty players in their time, Kenny Linseman springs to mind right off the bat.

For the record I can't stand Cooke and feel the Bruins let him get off way to easy after the Savard hit, after the Thornton fight he should have had to fight Chara and Lucic and who cares if they took instigators in a regular season game.

If a player helps you win you have him on your team whether you like him or hate him, I couldn't stand Kessel but if he helps you win you take him and deal with how you feel about him.

Nope. cooke will NEVER be on the B's. He isn't worth it. He is the most dirty player in the NHL and should not be allowed to play. The B's and their management dislike him.

I do not want a player who intentionally injures other players. In cooke's case he goes after players who play hockey far better than he could ever . He is a disgrace to hockey.

I don't get why anyone would hate Phil Kessel. You can not compare him to cooke :help:.

I am not worried about cooke ever being on the B's because it would NEVER happen.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I hated Kessel because he played scared and is soft. Much like Seguin I don't care about perceived personality flaws or off ice issues, my problem with Kessel was he was/is that he is a one dimensional soft player. When he was here the Bruins desperately needed his scoring so I tolerated his play away from the puck and his refusal to play any type of physical game. I didn't like it but I knew he was needed, when he was traded for the picks and the Bruins traded for Horton to take his place I was very pleased, almost as much as when Janney was dealt to St. Louis.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hated Kessel because he played scared and is soft. Much like Seguin I don't care about perceived personality flaws or off ice issues, my problem with Kessel was he was/is that he is a one dimensional soft player. When he was here the Bruins desperately needed his scoring so I tolerated his play away from the puck and his refusal to play any type of physical game. I didn't like it but I knew he was needed, when he was traded for the picks and the Bruins traded for Horton to take his place I was very pleased, almost as much as when Janney was dealt to St. Louis.

cooke had issues ON the ice .

I agree about Tyler. I was sad to see him go.

Phil wasn't a good fit in Boston but I don't think he is an ass like cooke.

cooke is in a class by himself...LOW class.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Kenny Linseman's worst transgresstions involved biting a guys finger and spearing Tomas Sandstrom in the gonads. He didn't (that I can recall) take headshots that shortened people's careers and impacted their quality of life.

Also, it's unrealistic to expect players to 'run the gauntlet' of tough guys on a team in today's NHL. Especially after the Bertuzzi/Steve Moore incident.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I am happy to just watch Camara develop into his own player. I liked the Chris Neil comparison when he was drafted. He looks like he might have a bit more upside to Neil at this point. As long as the kid plays tough and smart, I am all for it. It's one thing to agitate and get players off their game...it's other thing to have opposing teams scared because the guy has a history going for knee on knee checks or hits to the head. I have no love for that ****.

On that note...I agree with Fenian24 about Marchand. He was playing out of his mind during the 2011 cup...then barely showed up in 2012...last year was better, but he can still qwork on bringing back some of his sandpaper. Here is a great article on Marchand...which Brad will show up next year? Maybe we'll see the total package?

http://thehockeywriters.com/brad-marchand-another-level/

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kenny Linseman's worst transgresstions involved biting a guys finger and spearing Tomas Sandstrom in the gonads. He didn't (that I can recall) take headshots that shortened people's careers and impacted their quality of life.

Also, it's unrealistic to expect players to 'run the gauntlet' of tough guys on a team in today's NHL. Especially after the Bertuzzi/Steve Moore incident.

Right there is a difference between a player who is chippy (Linsman, Marchand), who does the little slashes, and other things. Or a guy like Cooke who made a carrer out of the flying elbow to the head

Examples?

Camara isn't a head hunter either, he's a skilled player that hit like a truck. I'm sure he's crossed the line once or twice, but everyone has. If Branch didn't turn the OHL into a giant pansy league it would be a non-issue.

Once or twice?

I think it was 4 suspensions last year, plus a few ejections thrown in

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
David Branch has still destroyed the OHL. I'm sure a few of Camara's suspensions wouldn't have even been majors in the WHL. Look at the hit Hamilton got suspended for, clean hit but made some contact with the head, shouldn't have even been a penalty never mind ten games.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Let me get this right you rather a 15 goal head hunter than a 30 goals "soft player"

Not all 18 guys hit everything in sight, do you hate Paille he hustles and goes into dirty areas scores 10 and does not hit everything in sight.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
You don't have to be soft to score 30 goals.
Danny Paille works hard, Kessel didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad