Confirmed with Link: B's Announce 2013-14 Rookie Game Roster & Schedule

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
The 35 year old Tommy Cross back to rookie camp once again.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=681266

BOSTON, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, August 30, their roster and schedule for their 2013-14 rookie camp, which begins Wednesday, September 4 and includes three games in Coral Springs, FL. Please note the schedule and roster is subject to change.

On-ice rookie camp sessions at Ristuccia Arena are open to the public.

BOSTON BRUINS 2013-14 ROOKIE CAMP ROSTER:

FORWARDS: Anthony Camara, Mitchell Dempsey, Campbell Elyniuk, Alex Fallstrom, Justin Florek, Seth Griffith, Jayden Hart, Alexander Khokhlachev, Jared Knight, Matthew Lindblad, Wayne Simpson, Ryan Spooner, Maxime Villemaire

DEFENSEMEN: Mickael Beauregard, Chris Casto, Alex Cord, Tommy Cross, Jesse Lees, Steven Spinnell, Zach Trotman

GOALTENDERS: Adam Morrison, Malcolm Subban

BOSTON BRUINS 2013-14 ROOKIE CAMP SCHEDULE:

Wednesday, September 4 (Boston, MA/Wilmington, MA)

-Off-ice testing, TD Garden, 9:30 a.m. (closed to public/media)

-Rookie practice, Ristuccia Arena, 12:00 noon

-Player/staff availability after practice

Thursday, September 5 (Wilmington, MA/Coral Springs, FL)

-Rookie practice, Ristuccia Arena, 9:00 a.m.

-Travel to Coral Springs, FL

Friday, September 6 (Coral Springs, FL)

-Game vs. Tampa Bay Lightning rookies, Saveology.com IcePlex, 2:00 p.m. (3299 Sportsplex Drive, Coral Springs, FL 33065)

-Player/staff availability after game

Saturday, September 7 (Coral Springs, FL)

-Game vs. Florida Panthers rookies, Saveology.com IcePlex, 4:00 p.m.

Sunday, September 8 (Coral Springs, FL/Boston, MA)

-Game vs. Nashville Predators rookies, Saveology.com IcePlex, 12:00 noon

-Travel to Boston, MA

Monday, September 9

-Rookie schedule TBD

Tuesday, September 10 (Wilmington, MA)

-Rookie practice, Ristuccia Arena, 10:00 a.m.

Wednesday, September 11 (Boston, MA/Wilmington, MA)

-Bruins full camp opens

-Schedule/media availability TBD

member 96824

Nice that they can have the veteran leadership Dr. Cross provides.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Very disappointed with the Bruins not properly naming this the 'Knight Coming Out Party/Tourney'

thanks Caballo for the info;)

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I love a good gong show:)

Any idea if these games will be televised?

No idea.

But it should be interesting with Dempsey, Camara and Elynuik on the ice at the same time.

Dempsey: 6'3 - 210
Camara: 6'1- 195
Elynuik: 6'2 - 180

People on here think Camara is a good fighter and tough? Wait'll they get a look at Dempsey and Elynuik, with the latter being one mean S.O.B. (I'm sure Colt likes him ;) )

Elynuik's father Pat played in 500+ NHL games and scored 154 goals and 188 assists. Hit the 30 goal mark twice and 20 goals 3 times in 5 full seasons. Son isn't as skilled as dad.

Dempsey is in a similar spot as Camara when drafted although Dempsey hasn't had a full OHL season under his belt as Camara did. It's all about potential. This season will tell the tale with him.

One on one battle in the fisticuffs? I give it to Dempsey. Hope we have a trifecta in camp ! I think the Bruins opinion of Dempsey is that they see him as a Shawn Thornton in a few years.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Interesting that Fraser and Smith are not on a list that includes Spooner (and Knight).

Those guys played double digit NHL games plus Boston needs to make sure my two boys are already a bit battle tested when big boy camp starts. I would rather watch these games than probably 75% of the regular season games. The 4 teams are loaded and there are just enough lose cannons in this to make it interesting. Kirk will be there so I know this will be covered well. I know I drive Kirk nuts but I can tell you Kirk is very good at this. Real. Good.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Those guys played double digit NHL games plus Boston needs to make sure my two boys are already a bit battle tested when big boy camp starts. I would rather watch these games than probably 75% of the regular season games. The 4 teams are loaded and there are just enough lose cannons in this to make it interesting. Kirk will be there so I know this will be covered well. I know I drive Kirk nuts but I can tell you Kirk is very good at this. Real. Good.

Kirk will also have a preview on all the guys at this rookie camp on New England Hockey Journal hopefully for tonight. I know he's busy putting it together as I type this.

http://hockeyjournal.com/landing/index will probably be under Kirk's call for those interested

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
If the NHL Network had any initiative, it would send crews to the rookie tourneys (there's also the Traverse City tourney, with Columbus, Buffalo, Carolina, the Rangers, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota and St. Louis) and televise some of the games. You'd have to think fans would rather watch that than rerun #800 of "Oil Change."

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

it may seem odd to some that Spooner is there but the Bruins brass wants to see where he is and the sooner the better; if he plays well has satisfied his bosses with his conditioning and commitment I can see them going with him (with Soderberg on wing and ready to move over if he has to); the Bruins have a salary cap problem and a glut at center and it's not difficult to figure Chris Kelly being moved solves both. However, Boston probably likes Kelly enough that if Spooner needs more seasoning or Soderberg is still adjusting they keep him for the time being.

If Spooner shines (which is not a stretch at all) and Soderberg looks like he is going to be what the wait was all about, how the heck can they keep Kelly and that contract?

Can't wait to see Camara and Griffith- obviously I play on Knight and even Spooner quite a bit, but these two are going to be a lot of fun to watch. I must always catch Griffith right because I've seen him live in London, on TV, and in DC and I am always impressed. If he had the Recchi grit, warrior down low approach I see Griffith- his offensive game reminds me of Rex and I remember him from day one in Pittsburgh.

I was so close to the Trotman concussion against Bridgeport had this been a Twilight Zone episode and time could have stopped, I could have in a normal tone told him to watch it. Former Providence player McDonald nailed him and it was sort of an ahole hit to me- Trotman got whopped and it was pretty horrible and high by McDonald.

anyways, like Trotman a lot and can see him one day making Boston if he can avoid anymore dings.

should be a great weekend in a beautiful place for those attending- very jealous....great job Kirk

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
it may seem odd to some that Spooner is there but the Bruins brass wants to see where he is and the sooner the better; if he plays well has satisfied his bosses with his conditioning and commitment I can see them going with him (with Soderberg on wing and ready to move over if he has to); the Bruins have a salary cap problem and a glut at center and it's not difficult to figure Chris Kelly being moved solves both. However, Boston probably likes Kelly enough that if Spooner needs more seasoning or Soderberg is still adjusting they keep him for the time being.

If Spooner shines (which is not a stretch at all) and Soderberg looks like he is going to be what the wait was all about, how the heck can they keep Kelly and that contract?

Can't wait to see Camara and Griffith- obviously I play on Knight and even Spooner quite a bit, but these two are going to be a lot of fun to watch. I must always catch Griffith right because I've seen him live in London, on TV, and in DC and I am always impressed. If he had the Recchi grit, warrior down low approach I see Griffith- his offensive game reminds me of Rex and I remember him from day one in Pittsburgh.

I was so close to the Trotman concussion against Bridgeport had this been a Twilight Zone episode and time could have stopped, I could have in a normal tone told him to watch it. Former Providence player McDonald nailed him and it was sort of an ahole hit to me- Trotman got whopped and it was pretty horrible and high by McDonald.

anyways, like Trotman a lot and can see him one day making Boston if he can avoid anymore dings.

should be a great weekend in a beautiful place for those attending- very jealous....great job Kirk

Griffith has been power skating with the Rupert twins with power-skating coach Todd Warriner on synthetic ice this summer. Obviously, I haven't seen Griffith yet since, but watching the Rupert twins as I type this and the difference is noticeable in both. Hope it has the same impact with Griffith.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Griffith has been power skating with the Rupert twins with power-skating coach Todd Warriner on synthetic ice this summer. Obviously, I haven't seen Griffith yet since, but watching the Rupert twins as I type this and the difference is noticeable in both. Hope it has the same impact with Griffith.

thanks for the info- hope all is well, very well, super well....and as for Seth, I just think he will someday skate in the NHL, be it a game or triple digits. I think he will be very successful in the AHL and get a shot at some point.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cross? Isn't he 30?

just curious, aren't you nervous when all these posters meet you at the HF game and realize you're relatively normal (at least considered by todays standards) and a nice guy:biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad