Confirmed with Link: B's Announce 2013-14 Rookie Game Roster & Schedule

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Yikes. Having some trouble holding leads late into the game.

Khokhlachev has supposedly been playing phenomenal according to almost everyone.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They blew 4-0 lead and lost 5-4. Trotman apparently had a big game; Spooner & Koko played well per Kirk; Knight got a shortie; I think Camara scored and then got in a fight instead of celebrating. Will wait for Kirk's report

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
They blew 4-0 lead and lost 5-4. Trotman apparently had a big game; Spooner & Koko played well per Kirk; Knight got a shortie; I think Camara scored and then got in a fight instead of celebrating. Will wait for Kirk's report

:laugh: That cracked my **** up. If it actually happened, then I've officially gone from skeptic to completely sold.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Camara scares me. Sometimes in a good way. But he reminds me of old school Lucic playing against the Habs and when they'd try to draw a penalty on him, he'd always go for it. Now he's learned self control, but Camara hasn't learned that yet.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Camara scares me. Sometimes in a good way. But he reminds me of old school Lucic playing against the Habs and when they'd try to draw a penalty on him, he'd always go for it. Now he's learned self control, but Camara hasn't learned that yet.

He has time. Also, he's with the right organization to teach him how to be tough the right way.

He just has to put in the effort and he'll make it.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Panther fan coming in peace. I was at the game today and thought Khokhlachev looks really impressive. His shootout goal was sick, wish I took video of it. Hopefully our site has the highlights up soon.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
He has time. Also, he's with the right organization to teach him how to be tough the right way.

He just has to put in the effort and he'll make it.

Oh, absolutely! I just think to pencil him in with the big club just yet is moot. Until he learns that self control, he stays in the AHL. But hes such a promising prospect, and that's exciting.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Kirk Luedeke

Quick hits after today's B's rookie game- Jared Knight was excellent- hungry & motivated- paid off with a shorty #confidencebuilder

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Not many like Koko as much as I do. Always have even before I ranked him as a first rounder.

That said, these are still basically junior players playing each other. Koko has had trouble transitioning to pro hockey - both KHL and AHL.

As much as he dominates junior hockey (and tournaments like this and WJC), he's going to need some time to acclimate to professional hockey.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Sounds like my initial projection of rookies in order looks about right.

Koko->Camara->Spooner->Knight. Great to see all look good hopefully it continues in camp against men.

All looking like keepers long term is great for us.

member 96824

Not many like Koko as much as I do. Always have even before I ranked him as a first rounder.

That said, these are still basically junior players playing each other. Koko has had trouble transitioning to pro hockey - both KHL and AHL.

As much as he dominates junior hockey (and tournaments like this and WJC), he's going to need some time to acclimate to professional hockey.

That's the frustrating part cause IMO he looks head and shoulders above the rest in these settings, but when you up the game is where the question marks are.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

I do! I do! :jump: Always have!

He needs to grow a little, nothing wrong with that. Hope to see him play a couple of times with the Baby B's this season.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Oh, absolutely! I just think to pencil him in with the big club just yet is moot. Until he learns that self control, he stays in the AHL. But hes such a promising prospect, and that's exciting.

Self control is what will hold him back. He'll learn its importance quickly because if he doesn't, Cassidy will bench him.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

That scares you? Fires me up

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I do! I do! :jump: Always have!

He needs to grow a little, nothing wrong with that. Hope to see him play a couple of times with the Baby B's this season.

When I saw him block a shot with his face in the WJC and come back and play at the same high level, I was sold. I for one was glad the Iginla deal did not go through.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
When I saw him block a shot with his face in the WJC and come back and play at the same high level, I was sold. I for one was glad the Iginla deal did not go through.

I get the inclusion in the Iginla package, and I don't hold it against the kid. I don't think that necessarily reflects badly on his future.

But if the rumor is true that they were willing to include him in a trade package for broken down has been 3rd liner Brendan Morrow. That is the one that makes me question him and wonder what the Bruins have seen they don't like

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts

Yeah, he looked very confused when I saw him with Providence last year. Made a few big defensive mistakes that lead to a couple of goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->