Confirmed with Link: B's Announce 2013-14 Rookie Game Roster & Schedule

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I am happy to just watch Camara develop into his own player. I liked the Chris Neil comparison when he was drafted. He looks like he might have a bit more upside to Neil at this point. As long as the kid plays tough and smart, I am all for it. It's one thing to agitate and get players off their game...it's other thing to have opposing teams scared because the guy has a history going for knee on knee checks or hits to the head. I have no love for that ****.

On that note...I agree with Fenian24 about Marchand. He was playing out of his mind during the 2011 cup...then barely showed up in 2012...last year was better, but he can still qwork on bringing back some of his sandpaper. Here is a great article on Marchand...which Brad will show up next year? Maybe we'll see the total package?

http://thehockeywriters.com/brad-marchand-another-level/

Neil is probably a good comp, but there's nothing to suggest Camara has better upside. Neil had a much more productive OHL career than Camara did.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Kirk is going to be on the Adam Jones Show tonight at 10:20 for those interested- Kirk will talk about the Rookie Tourney and probably other stuff; does a great job.

Just to add about Camara- he's a kid, and I really like him. He'll figure out what he has to do- he has come so far since the first time I saw him he clearly is driven and will figure out his weaknesses and adjust. I hope he makes it on Boston; I think his skill is above 4th line- hands way to good, and likes to score and goes to net. Shot really has come on. Until I see otherwise I'm on board.

now for the good stuff;) from Kirk's NEHJ blog today

Rookie tourney quick hits

The duo of Jared Knight and Ryan Spooner had an excellent game together, flashing chemistry and opportunistic offense. The two were victimized by posts and bad puck luck, but they controlled the flow of the game well when on the ice together and made a strong impression going forward. Knight is at his best when playing an aggressive, attacking game.

Spooner played as well in this game as any he has in some time, establishing himself inside the offensive zone with his slick puck skills and creativity, finishing his checks and putting effort into the backcheck. He also scored during the post-game five-player exhibition shootout, putting on a display of quick stickhandling in close before beating Madore with a bullet shot.â€

B’s three stars

1. Jared Knight (1g - SHG)
2. Zach Trotman (1g, 1a)
3. Ryan Spooner (1a)

Bruins player spotlight: Anthony Camara, LW
Scouting report: Hard-nosed winger plays a Boston Bruins-style game. Good skater who makes a beeline for the net. Soft hands; able to get his stick on shots for deflections and has a quick release. A big hitter who likes to make contact in the open ice and punishes opponents along the boards. Not a naturally instinctive player, but competes hard. Always willing to drop the gloves; a middleweight who can’t go toe-to-toe against the top heavyweights, but won’t back down, either.

On the loss to Florida: “It was a tough game. We had our chances, they had theirs, but that’s how games go and we just have to bury ours, too.â€

Outlook: Coming off a career-best 36-goal season in the OHL, Camara will play in Providence this year and has an opportunity to continue his development.

Bruins player spotlight: Jared Knight, RW

Scouting report: High energy winger has the ability to impact the game both offensively and defensively. With a lighter frame, Knighter is quicker and more agile, but still drives to the net hard. Scores goals with a blurry fast release and a natural nose for the net. Competitive, gritty player who brings the kind of heart and character that NHL teams look for. Has improved his defensive game significantly from when Boston drafted him three years ago. As one of the few natural right-handed shots on the team, is primed for a strong main camp and will make for a difficult roster decision.

On what the team wants to do better in the next game: “We need to shoot the puck more, I think. There was a time in the second period where we went…I don’t know how long, but we weren’t shooting the puck at all. When you’re not shooting the puck, you’re not scoring.â€

Outlook: Even if he returns to Providence at the conclusion of training camp and the exhibition season, Knight is in position to earn a big league call up at some point during the season. He sent a strong message this off-season about his personal discipline and commitment to being a better pro and being available to his team by shedding about 20 pounds. The net effect is a leaner, hungrier player as evidenced in the rookie contests, and he could be closer to a job in Boston than some think.

Twitter: @kluedeke29
Email: [email protected]

chippa13*

If Camara turns into 1/2 the player Matt Cooke has been in his career I will dance my way up to Toronto and give Dom T. a big smooch on the lips....once I pushed Lou off him first of course.

* I mean
(production and agitating wise)

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
If Camara turns into 1/2 the player Matt Cooke has been in his career I will dance my way up to Toronto and give Dom T. a big smooch on the lips....once I pushed Lou off him first of course.

* I mean

You'll dance for 15pts a year?

You're a lot easier than I thought:naughty:

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

* I mean

I'll dance if he's the one who ends Cooke's career.

lewis black

Jul 23, 2008
Mathew Lindblad

How has he looked? Think he will be NHL caliber? I've heard some good things about him but never saw him play.
Could he get a call up this season?

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
How has he looked? Think he will be NHL caliber? I've heard some good things about him but never saw him play.
Could he get a call up this season?

Did not have a standout rookie tourney. Didn't accomplish much...doubt he gets any kind of NHL look this season.

Good player, but needs time to develop and there are quite a few guys ahead of him in the pecking order. There's nothing wrong with having guys like Lindblad spend a few years in the minors first before looking around at whether they can be NHL options.

Has the look and feel of a solid minor leaguer, but beyond that- has a lot of growing/developing to do first.

lewis black

Jul 23, 2008
Did not have a standout rookie tourney. Didn't accomplish much...doubt he gets any kind of NHL look this season.

Good player, but needs time to develop and there are quite a few guys ahead of him in the pecking order. There's nothing wrong with having guys like Lindblad spend a few years in the minors first before looking around at whether they can be NHL options.

Has the look and feel of a solid minor leaguer, but beyond that- has a lot of growing/developing to do first.

Thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad