News Article: Bryzgalov: To Buy Out or Not To Buy Out...That is the Question (Updates in post #1)

nevermore

Cap space since 2005
Oct 25, 2007
Can't be any worse than watching bryz duck under pucks and shoot them into his own goal off of clarksons shin pad
Considering you can make a good argument that Bryz' play this season was better than anything Mason produced in the last 3-4 years, I'm pretty sure it can.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kings must love Frattin, because I don't think the Leafs gave up anything where if the Flyers pulled the trigger we'd be all that upset about.

I don't really get this one from Toronto's standpoint but the silver lining in it is they got him pretty cheap. Low risk potential high reward IMO.

As for Frattin he played at North Dakota with Kings prospect Derek Forbort so they saw a lot of him there and apparently really like him.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Watch. He'll put up a good year, the org doesn't buy him out, then he goes back to playing like complete crap for the remainder of his stupid contract.

It would suck hard. I just really hope Mason shows up and regains that potential because if not its another lost year.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This Bryz hate is at least giving me some laughs at this point.

You're right, Bryz has done nothing to garner our hate. He has lived up to that contract on and off the ice with his stand up personality. I look forward to holding onto that 5.5 million cap hit another year and hopefully many more to come. Heeter may be worse of a backup than Bryz, but atleast we'll save like 4.5 million in cap space.

supa scoop

Oct 13, 2008
Bridgeton, NJ
You're right, Bryz has done nothing to garner our hate. He has lived up to that contract on and off the ice with his stand up personality. I look forward to holding onto that 5.5 million cap hit another year and hopefully many more to come.

Where did I say that? In fact I've said the contrary.

You, however, said Heeter would be as good playing 10-30 games a year as Bryz. Hilarious.

As far as off ice.. you've had enough personal encounters with Bryz to judge him, or are you just sipping the hack Philly media Kool Aid?

Viller

Mar 24, 2007
This team aint going anywhere with bryz, backup or not.

Players dont wanna play for him, so much so that his agent went to complain to holmer.

Another year in the league basement.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006

Players dont wanna play for him, so much so that his agent went to complain to holmer.

Which gets Homer fired. Good riddens.

DecadesofFutility

May 22, 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
Hope Holmer has a backup plan since they lost Bernier to the Leafs.
I would hate to watch this disfunctional defense anchored by Bryz next season.
If players in the team do not want to play with Bryz, we can solve that by amnestying Bryz.
Addition by Subtraction, the team will play better with another goalie.
We can get a veteran backup for less than his albatross contract.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Well the silver lining in that would be that there's two stud defensemen from the OHL going in the top 5 in next years draft. ;)

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I feel like the Flyers ought to have matched this trade value-wise. TOR didn't give up much.

What exactly do we have that matches that? Our organizational depth stinks. Our system is a few top end guys (Couts, Schenn, etc) or low end prospects (Mcginn, Lauridsen, etc). It doesn't seem like we have many guys in between like Frattin and Scrivens.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Let's all not panic yet. The offseason has barely started. I really don't think Bryz is safe just yet.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Where did I say that? In fact I've said the contrary.

You, however, said Heeter would be as good playing 10-30 games a year as Bryz. Hilarious.

As far as off ice.. you've had enough personal encounters with Bryz to judge him, or are you just sipping the hack Philly media Kool Aid?

And with the extra player we'd be able to sign with the cap difference between Heeter and Bryz I don't think the difference between them as backup would be enough to ruin/make the season. And since I'm sure most of us believe that Bryz is not part of the future plan/success of this team we might aswell move him on and try someone else. And if that is Mason/Heeter as the tandem, so be it or if that is Mason/vet backup signed in FA, even better.

I don't need to have personal encounters with Bryz to have heard the stories from his ex-teammates in PHX and the media stories from his time in Philly. I'm not just going to dismiss them all as fake with no truth behind them. Especially after seeing his poor on the ice personality, shrugging off goals/seeming not to care when they go in, ducking from pucks. I'm going to assume his off the ice personality is just as poor.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad