Confirmed with Link: Bruins Will Wear Black Jerseys For 2015 Winter Classic Vs. Canadiens

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Educated guess knowing the history it will be similar to the black sweater they used in the early 50's.

Bruins15.png

27-GMJH.jpg

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Best news I've heard all day. Despised the last WC uniform and logo.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

I actually disagree. They were historically accurate, even the silly B I initially figured was simply a marketing tool aimed at kids.

Can't do so at present, but if someone can post the picture of Bobby & Sinden, '67, you may feel differently.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I actually disagree. They were historically accurate, even the silly B I initially figured was simply a marketing tool aimed at kids.

Can't do so at present, but if someone can post the picture of Bobby & Sinden, '67, you may feel differently.

e78517e9640323246b09443fa83cd57a.jpg

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

It took all my restraint when asking the question at the SotB not to refer to the 2010 jersey as the "deflated B jersey". I didn't like the logo on that jersey, either. The striping/design were okay, and the colors seemed good to me, although I'm literally color blind.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
It took all my restraint when asking the question at the SotB not to refer to the 2010 jersey as the "deflated B jersey". I didn't like the logo on that jersey, either. The striping/design were okay, and the colors seemed good to me, although I'm literally color blind.

Again, that B is, surprisingly, historically accurate. The only reason I say so is that "the History of the Boston Bruins" features a picture of same. 1930s or 40s.

Hope you enjoyed your non Garden Dog.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Fens, you are so reliable! Thanks. ;-)

:teach:

The Bruins wore those at home for much of the early 60's unless a game from Boston was being televised back to the visiting team city as on black and white TV they would look like white. For TV games they switched to black and when TV38 came along the gold sweaters were retired.

There were one or two seasons in the mid 60's the Bruins wore white home and away. They were hurting financially big time after Walter Brown died.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Again, that B is, surprisingly, historically accurate. The only reason I say so is that "the History of the Boston Bruins" features a picture of same. 1930s or 40s.

Hope you enjoyed your non Garden Dog.

It was the very first version of the "spoked-B" and was introduced in 1948-49.

Bruins13.png

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
It was the very first version of the "spoked-B" and was introduced in 1948-49.

Bruins13.png

Isn't that weird, though? When I saw that in the WC, I thought, "Disney," as in Mighty Ducks merch for the kids.

It would bw way cool for them to wear the black B sweaters you posted here.

Again, thanks.

Ps not that anyone cares, but I prefer the gold B in spoke logo to the current black B.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

THIS^^
I loved the winter classic jersey and thought that they'd bring it back but in the end, one more edition to the uniforms means $$$ more sales.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
THIS^^
I loved the winter classic jersey and thought that they'd bring it back but in the end, one more edition to the uniforms means $$$ more sales.

As an older Bruins fan I had no issue at all with the 2010 uniforms as they brought back memories of my childhood. However for many younger fans that color was a flashback to the worst sweater the B's have worn in my lifetime.

Smilingbear_crop_north.jpg

Cam said it will be black so my hunch is they will go in this direction

henry.jpg

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
As an older Bruins fan I had no issue at all with the 2010 uniforms as they brought back memories of my childhood. However for many younger fans that color was a flashback to the worst sweater the B's have worn in my lifetime.

Still have that jersey! Hard to part ways with a Glenn Murray throwback. I wish the B's would bring these back just for a game, not the Winter Classic, but for a random Saturday game against a bum team.

Last edited by a moderator:

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014

Still have that jersey! Hard to part ways with a Glenn Murray throwback. I wish the B's would bring these back just for a game, not the Winter Classic, but for a random Saturday game against a bum team.
Oof. I'm hoping it's the spoked B and not the bear.
I'm more worried about the habs having the where's waldo striped jerseys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad