Confirmed with Link: Bruins Will Wear Black Jerseys For 2015 Winter Classic Vs. Canadiens

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I actually disagree. They were historically accurate, even the silly B I initially figured was simply a marketing tool aimed at kids.

Can't do so at present, but if someone can post the picture of Bobby & Sinden, '67, you may feel differently.

No. I hate brown, especially on sports uniforms.

Some of the worst uniforms in the history of sports featured brown.

Cleveland Browns
SD Padres

Just an ugly, dull, unathletic color.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Kind of off topic but anyone else really sad that HBO's 24/7 started the year after the Flyers/Bruins Winter Classic and they ended it last year before this one with the Canadiens? :(

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
You guys DO realize we already have revealed our WC logo, right? It's not gonna be a B or anything, it's this:

dddc51e0-362d-11e5-a744-375fe5ba29a7_unnamed-2.jpg

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
No. I hate brown, especially on sports uniforms.

Some of the worst uniforms in the history of sports featured brown.

Cleveland Browns
SD Padres

Just an ugly, dull, unathletic color.

I'll agree about brown. But the '67 & 2010 retro unis weren't brown; they were "gold." Look at Fenway's picture.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I get it. Just don't really like it.

Same here. I think they could have sold more jerseys the last time without the cartoon B and this time if they used the B logo discussed in this thread. I understand both logos that they chose but I know the Bruins and they want to sell as many jerseys as possible.

I got the last Winter Classic jersey as a gift and don't like wearing it. It feels like a childrens jersey.

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA
So, our current home jerseys are black. Our third jerseys are way too black. And our WC jersey will be black?

Because black is way underused in the NHL these days :shakehead.

Use gold. Or brown. If it has to be black, at least make it a rare historical black jersey.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
I actually disagree. They were historically accurate, even the silly B I initially figured was simply a marketing tool aimed at kids.

Can't do so at present, but if someone can post the picture of Bobby & Sinden, '67, you may feel differently.

I thought they weren't historically accurate? My understanding is they cobbled a bunch of features from different jersey designs. The pieces were historically accurate but given they were from 5 different jersey designs it was just a marketing ploy.
There could easily be a pic out there that proves me wrong, but that was my understanding of that WC jersey.
Love the shoulderless black jersey Special K posted. That's def my all time favorite.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I thought they weren't historically accurate? My understanding is they cobbled a bunch of features from different jersey designs. The pieces were historically accurate but given they were from 5 different jersey designs it was just a marketing ploy.
There could easily be a pic out there that proves me wrong, but that was my understanding of that WC jersey.
Love the shoulderless black jersey Special K posted. That's def my all time favorite.

I don't know enough about the minutia to say. I do know that silly looking B was, as Fenway confirms, historically accurate.

It's funny. I didn't dislike the '80s era jerseys, but my absolute favorites are the 1970-72 uniforms. I'm sure Feway can detail any minor changes.

These are my favorites because those were the days of the Big Bad Bruins. Aa a kid at the time, I was totally taken with the swagger & glammer of that look.

When the B's changed to their mid 70s "minus the shoulder appletts" look (sic), it was the end of an era and represented something of a surrender to me.

I was half pleased by the mid 90s look, but wasn't completely pleased until the reintroduction of the quasi throwbacks we see today. And again, I think their current third jerseys are very handsome.

Can you imagine the indignity of wearing the Poohs?

Btw, I hated the NHL 75 year Anniversary sweaters. *Those* weren't historically accurate, and if memory serves the Bruins didn't win many games in them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad