Confirmed with Link: Bruins Will Wear Black Jerseys For 2015 Winter Classic Vs. Canadiens

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA
http://www.nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Bruins.html

Here's a database of every uniform the Bruins have ever worn. If you want to see the WC jersey you need to click on 2009-2010 and then on the picture of the Bruins jerseys, it'll be off to the side.

The first WC jersey, as hoss said, was not a jersey they had worn before, it had pieces taken from other jerseys. They chose brown as a secondary colour because it was the team's original colour. They chose gold because it has been used historically off and on. They chose that spoked B because it was the original one (and I and almost everyone I know agree, we didn't like it at first but it grew on us, especially after finding out it was historically relevant).

I'd still much rather they not go with black. Way too overused in today's NHL. And the fact that 2/3 of our current jersey set is primarily black. Historical or not, go with something else. And while we're at it, they should turf the current thirds and get a gold version of our current jersey set to replace it.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
they should turf the current thirds and get a gold version of our current jersey set to replace it.

absolutely not. My favorite jersey they've ever released. If anything, replace the away with a gold one. (Maybe Nashville could wear their away when we visit, or get a blue 3rd)

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Here is a wonderful GIF that captures how the uniform has evolved.

evolution_of_the_boston_bruins_by_notmatthias-d3gsnd7.gif

from http://notmatthias.deviantart.com/art/Evolution-of-the-Boston-Bruins-209609035

The WC B was a special logo for the 25th anniversary and also included the numbers 24 and 49.

dAA8ITu.png

That's pretty cool.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
http://www.nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Bruins.html

Here's a database of every uniform the Bruins have ever worn. If you want to see the WC jersey you need to click on 2009-2010 and then on the picture of the Bruins jerseys, it'll be off to the side.

The first WC jersey, as hoss said, was not a jersey they had worn before, it had pieces taken from other jerseys. They chose brown as a secondary colour because it was the team's original colour. They chose gold because it has been used historically off and on. They chose that spoked B because it was the original one (and I and almost everyone I know agree, we didn't like it at first but it grew on us, especially after finding out it was historically relevant).

I'd still much rather they not go with black. Way too overused in today's NHL. And the fact that 2/3 of our current jersey set is primarily black. Historical or not, go with something else. And while we're at it, they should turf the current thirds and get a gold version of our current jersey set to replace it.

I love the '34-36 jersey and was hoping they would go with something like that but if they're going black it's not going to happen. Plus, it doesn't have the iconic spokes, which are synonymous with the Bruins

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA
absolutely not. My favorite jersey they've ever released. If anything, replace the away with a gold one. (Maybe Nashville could wear their away when we visit, or get a blue 3rd)

See, they're just too bland for me. Plain, boring, unimaginative. I can do without them. But many share your opinion. In the current wave of 3rds across the league (reebok, 2007) they had black first, but it's just way too common for me regardless.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
See, they're just too bland for me. Plain, boring, unimaginative. I can do without them. But many share your opinion. In the current wave of 3rds across the league (reebok, 2007) they had black first, but it's just way too common for me regardless.

I do honestly prefer Providence's 3rds though:

0817-prv-alt.png

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
If you added a white stripe between the yellow ones on the sleeve and added matching stripes to the bottom (ala late 70's to early 90's) it would be AWESOME!

then (minus the waist stripes) it would pretty much be the B's current 3rd. I like the lack of white striping. Gonna order one of the Providence ones eventually, but IDK what player. Maybe Hickman.

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey
I have a feeling these jerseys will be similar to the Providence's Alt Jerseys, just with some color and logo changes. Based off the fact Providence's Home jerseys resembled the last WC jerseys Boston used.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
My daughter likes the pooh bear jerseys-but she likes the gold ones.

I like the look of the early 1950's uniforms-those would be a cool throw back for the WC.

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA
I hope it's more than that. That's their current thirds but with a different bear crossing logo, and without the white elbow stripe. At least give me some shoulder/waste colour.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Semi OT but what did Bruins fans think of their 2010 Winter Classic jerseys? I loved the crest logo and overall colors. The brown names looked a little off but I thought it looked good overall.

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey
"The new home alternate was inspired by the sweater worn by the Boston Bruins from 1934-1936, featuring
a white base with gold and black striping, as the Providence Bruins continue to celebrate their parent club
and honor one of the classic brand’s in hockey."

I'm telling ya, it's gonna be pretty similar to Provy's alternates.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I don't know if this is a hint or not, but I noticed this yesterday.

http://shop.nhl.com/Boston_Bruins_H...nter_Classic_Players_Cuffed_Knit_Hat_with_Pom

It's not a coincidence that you noticed that yesterday; the Habs and Bruins all wore toques during the pregame skate on Saturday, and ads for said toques were prominent during the game.

Trying to be as much of a non-homer as possible, I do have to say that the Habs toques made them look like a bunch of Bozo the Clowns.

492182088_slide.jpg

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
It's not a coincidence that you noticed that yesterday; the Habs and Bruins all wore toques during the pregame skate on Saturday, and ads for said toques were prominent during the game.

Trying to be as much of a non-homer as possible, I do have to say that the Habs toques made them look like a bunch of Bozo the Clowns.

492182088_slide.jpg

Out of stock

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Out of stock

Yup; I tried going to shop.nhl and Fanatics (really the same site I think), and neither had the Bozo-The-Hab toque I remembered, so I went to NHL.com's game summary, figuring their marketing department would definitely find a way to shoehorn the toques in a picture somewhere. I wasn't disappointed - and, if you found the Habs toque sold out, it shows that their strategy worked.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Yup; I tried going to shop.nhl and Fanatics (really the same site I think), and neither had the Bozo-The-Hab toque I remembered, so I went to NHL.com's game summary, figuring their marketing department would definitely find a way to shoehorn the toques in a picture somewhere. I wasn't disappointed - and, if you found the Habs toque sold out, it shows that their strategy worked.

We are saps :laugh:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I was hoping you guys would wear yellow and Habs some red or blue.

Guess we'll have a white Jersey with the classic Habs stripe and the white CH logo.

As for the Bruins, maybe a black Jersey with the yellow yoke and some classic waist and arm stripes? They're aren't using the classic B, right? :/

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
I don't know if this is a hint or not, but I noticed this yesterday.

http://shop.nhl.com/Boston_Bruins_H...nter_Classic_Players_Cuffed_Knit_Hat_with_Pom

thumb.aspx

It's a fair assumption to make. The 2010 ones featured the striping they had on their socks.

My first inclination when they released the logos was their first jersey, brown. This is what I thought it'd be, with the new vintagey spoked-B on the shoulders.

Now we know it will be black. From the hat I'm going with black version of that jersey, which is basically Providence's jersey and that mockup. I'd expect a single gold hem stripe though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad