WCQF | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Series Talk

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Powerplay 1: Miller in his spot on left boards, scores goal
Powerplay 2: Miller and Petey switch sides, no goal
Powerplay 3: Miller in his spot on left boards, sick no-look pass for Boeser to redirect in front

Moral of the story: never f***ing take Miller out of that left side spot and let him QB from there

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
great game. went to the mall gotmyself a petterson jersey lol. wished he scored a goal. miller and boeser were great. cole and zadaorov were monsters! cole that diving block on Orelliys chance saved us. and that bluegar block too. desmith was solidd. myers back tehre helped steady thing IMO. hronek is an adventure in his own end.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
great game. went to the mall gotmyself a petterson jersey lol. wished he scored a goal. miller and boeser were great. cole and zadaorov were monsters! cole that diving block on Orelliys chance saved us. and that bluegar block too. desmith was solidd. myers back tehre helped steady thing IMO. hronek is an adventure in his own end.

63f7b8ef-3793-439b-a836-980caf184763_text.gif

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
How familiar do these posts look?

View attachment 860546View attachment 860547View attachment 860548

A lot of the same shit we were saying or still are, maybe it's time to realize that this series is just not built for run n gun hockey, both teams are committed to stopping the other from generating offense.

and ironically i am absoltely certain back in the shea weber blasting from the point and hornqvist in the slot days, they would have been going on and on about how uncreative the PP was and how they should look for the extra pass to try to find the open man

ditto us back in the early and mid-2000s after being bertuzzi became an interference penalty and before the sedins truly took over the PP. why do we have to shoot every time we get the puck? something something shinguards, something something logo hunters

Reactions: Nucker101

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
After a nine-year absence from YouTube, MAKAVELI is back. You will undoubtedly remember his "Ironing is Delicious" and "Embellishment City" videos that garnered international attention.

This new video is nothing like his previous videos, but I imagine we could see more of him if there's any controversy.

• Love
Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I feel like us having so many UFA/RFAs is a benefit in a lot of ways going forward past this season—we're getting to see who can step up their game when it matters most, and we have several paths available to us in terms of how to make changes to the team.

Obviously Joshua is a must-sign, we saw it when he was out with injury how sorely he was missed, and he's a rare mix of physicality and above-average skill. I do not want to see this forward group without him next year.

Zadorov has been a total force in the playoffs, definitely boosting his stock right now.

Hronek, how the back half of his season has gone/playoffs so far have gone, I am not exactly excited at the prospect of signing him for more than say 6-6.5MM. Some absolutely jarring defensive lapses, and production has dropped off a cliff now that the team isn't scoring on every shot like the beginning of the year.

If we didn't have such a tight cap picture in the next few years, he's the kind of player you could afford to overpay a little bit without worrying about having $$ to upgrade your roster, but right now maybe we need to capitalize on "26 year old 50-point RHD!" and let someone else with the ability to pay him what he's looking for (ANA, UTAH) acquire him. Like, if you could grab some draft capital (that could be flipped for player upgrades elsewhere) while possibly dumping Mikeyev's contract in the process, you'd have to look at that—free up the room to get Joshua/Zadorov/Blueger back and ideally get Tanev as a FA for a couple of years on a sweetheart deal.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don’t believe in curses, but:

‘The Canucks have had to deal with an injury to their starting goalie in each of the last 4 times they appeared in the playoffs. -Schneider in 2013 -Miller in 2015 -Markstrom in 2020 -Demko in 2024.’

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad