GDT: Bruins vs Penguins 3/12 @ 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
This is a tough game in the best of circumstances. 2nd night of a back to back, especially an OT game, puts the B's in a tough position. Regardless, they need to expose the Pitt D.

Here's going for a full 60 tonight.

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!!!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I don't know why people still post stuff like this. The Bruins and Pens have played how many games since the Savard incident? It's over and done with. The Bruins won't have any retribution tonight on Cooke for the hit on Savard that took place three years ago.
100% agree. I really hope this doesn't become like all of the other Pittsburgh GDT threads we've had. Time to move on and focus on the Penguins team as a whole and not just one guy.

Need another great game from Tuukka and we need our first line to step up.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I had a math revelation this morning....it was a revelation because doing the maths is not really a strong suit of mine.

For all the attention the Blackhawks' win/point streak got...the Bruins have only one more loss than the Hawks do at this point.

Just think of that for a second.

The Hawks are being proclaimed as a super team. (Heck, they have LeBron James on their side!!11!..!! *insert droll emoticon here*) Our little team here in the Northeast really isn't too shabby either, what with the games in hand...

...and there are many people who think the Bruins still haven't hit their stride.

Tonight's game is a pretty fair measuring stick.

Ok. Back to the gnashing of teeth about the return of Jay Pandolfo.

Shhhh! let's just fly under the radar.

FTOREKBENCHTOSS

Mar 11, 2013
:laugh:I am willing to bet one of the penguins goes down to injury on a clean hit and the hockey world will erupt at the Bruins trying to cripple somebody out of spite.

hockeybpr25

Dec 31, 2009
Why would Boychuk destroying Cooke have anything to do with retribution? Can't he just destroy him on general principle?

Because anything on this board that has to do with Cooke is related to Savard. I would very much love to see the latter happen.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I had a math revelation this morning....it was a revelation because doing the maths is not really a strong suit of mine.

For all the attention the Blackhawks' win/point streak got...the Bruins have only one more loss than the Hawks do at this point.

The Hawks are being proclaimed as a super team. (Heck, they have LeBron James on their side!!11!..!! *insert droll emoticon here*) Our little team here in the Northeast really isn't too shabby either, what with the games in hand...

...and there are many people who think the Bruins still haven't hit their stride.

Homah! Homah!!!

:laugh:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Deal.

I just mostly wanted to brag about my super-astute recognition of numbers and stuff.

oh, totally acknowledged. Marshmont is the **** at math.

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins
Penguins morning skate wrapping up here at CONSOL Energy Center. B's not skating this morning...^CS

gvkmedia

20th Captain in franchise history.
Mar 2, 2002
Oshawa.
www.hollandbloorview.ca
I have some Penguin fans that are quite arrogant here at work. I would like nothing more than a royal beat down of the flyless birds.

A Cooke destruction would have me leaping out of my seat as well - not because of just Savard but because of what that dirtbag has done throughout his career.

Reality check tells me different. I will take a win and move on for now... see you Sunday Penguinos.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
This is the first game of the year I don't have any expectations for coming off an overtime, travel, back to back.

I expect operation shut down tonight until the guys find their legs.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I simply can't manufacture any angst this morning.

I've mentioned before; I'm from Minnesota, the land where one lavishes in the mediocrity of their pro sports teams. I'm just along for the ride, taking in the waves....

There are Bruins fans who would find something to complain about if this team went undefeated. That's why many other fans so often find Boston fans insufferable.

Anyway, I agree with sooshii - flying under the radar is a Good Thing. Let everyone bow before the glory of Chicago and forget all about Boston.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Fluto Shinzawa ‏@GlobeFluto
As of now, no Providence callup. Peverley could move to center if Kelly out. Either Pandolfo/MacDermid in.

Edit: Also per Disco Dan, Flour's in the cake tonight.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I would like Matt Cooke to get pummeled simply because he has a punchable face.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Right now it seems like as soon as Crosby is on the ice the puck goes in the net and the Bruins played last night.

Then again there's no Malkin.

Bruins need to stay off the penalty kill...that means don't go near Letang because he'll embellish/dive but if you're going to get a penalty you might as well earn it by burying the guy.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Matt Cooke is gonna get wrecked by Johnny Destroychuk

I hope so.

The B's better watch cooke. He will be looking to injure someone. Please nail him every chance you can...with a clean hit of course :naughty:

Hope for no injuries , 2 points and cooke feeling the pain of playing the B's.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

Pandolfo will score tonight :yo::yo:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Back to back 7:30 starts? ****. Throws my whole nightly routine off.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
:laugh:

I was about to post the same exact thing.

ugh

Seriously. 7:30 starts always bleed past 10, which means I can't watch the 10:00 news because all of important stuff is at the top of the broadcast, which means I stay up until the 11:00 news because GOD FORBID should I go to bed without watching the news, which means I'm up until 11:30 and then have a hard time falling asleep because that's my witching hour no matter how tired I am, and because it's later my other half has already conked out and is snoring so I need to continuously elbow him in the ribs to make him stop.

See what a difference 30 minutes makes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad