GDT: Bruins vs Penguins 3/12 @ 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
this isnt the same pens tteam on defense.
i could see both teams getting lots of goals.

Although i did say that about the flyers game too

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well it would make some sense that Spooner should get his opportunity. Talk was that he is not a winger and prefers center. A center spot is open.
Why not see what he can do?
Fourth line looked good, so don't mess with it.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Third game in four nights with two flights sandwiched in the middle ending with a game against a good team in their building.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get anything out of this one.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Against us it seems like they play a very structured, north/south game and wait for the inevitible power plays to pounce. Against other teams. They will often play all out offense, hell bent for leather, helter skelter hockey. Get caught out of position. Especially in games that get a little chippy. We have to learn how to hate these guys and get them in games like Philly does. Paging our Little Ball of Hate to get things rolling.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
B's have had it easy to this point with regards to the schedule, so no boo hooing tonight!

Also, last time I checked, they still have to actually play the game. It isn't a scheduled loss just because it's the second night of a back to back and it's against the penguins.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Third game in four nights with two flights sandwiched in the middle ending with a game against a good team in their building.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get anything out of this one.

It's their 3rd game in 4 nights too. In Toronto on Saturday night and played Isles at home Sunday night. Not back to back. But, our game was Sat. afternoon. So, their games were in a tighter space. Last night wasn't too taxing. Except for loss of Kelly. No excuses. They will come out hard and have scored a lot of early goals. Need to weather that storm in the first 10 minutes and then take it to them.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I'm going to the B's at Pens game on Sunday. St Pattys day oh by the way. Needless to say I'm pumped! Hopefully some **** goes down tonight and on Sunday its a battle!

Esquire

Feb 21, 2013
CT
Bs need to play on the edge in this one. The Pens are easily rattled and will start running around if the play gets chippy.

hockeybpr25

Dec 31, 2009
Matt Cooke is gonna get wrecked by Johnny Destroychuk

I don't know why people still post stuff like this. The Bruins and Pens have played how many games since the Savard incident? It's over and done with. The Bruins won't have any retribution tonight on Cooke for the hit on Savard that took place three years ago.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
I don't know why people still post stuff like this. The Bruins and Pens have played how many games since the Savard incident? It's over and done with. The Bruins won't have any retribution tonight on Cooke for the hit on Savard that took place three years ago.

All he has to do is say it was an accident and the Bruins will believe him.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Why would Boychuk destroying Cooke have anything to do with retribution? Can't he just destroy him on general principle?

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
We have to be careful though, I heard the Academy Award Nomination Committee will be at the game to judge Kris Letang's next performance.....I really don't care how good our PK unit is, especially with Kelly out for the foreseeable future, we have to keep Crosby off the PP.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
We have to be careful though, I heard the Academy Award Nomination Committee will be at the game to judge Kris Letang's next performance.....I really don't care how good our PK unit is, especially with Kelly out for the foreseeable future, we have to keep Crosby off the PP.

Good luck with that playing in Pittsburgh.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I had a math revelation this morning....it was a revelation because doing the maths is not really a strong suit of mine.

For all the attention the Blackhawks' win/point streak got...the Bruins have only one more loss than the Hawks do at this point.

Just think of that for a second.

The Hawks are being proclaimed as a super team. (Heck, they have LeBron James on their side!!11!..!! *insert droll emoticon here*) Our little team here in the Northeast really isn't too shabby either, what with the games in hand...

...and there are many people who think the Bruins still haven't hit their stride.

Tonight's game is a pretty fair measuring stick.

Ok. Back to the gnashing of teeth about the return of Jay Pandolfo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille