Not open for further replies.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Boston Bruins at Pittsburgh Penguins 7:30 3/12/13

bear_pens.jpg

Pittsburgh Penguins

History

1967/68: More then 30 years after their first team known as the Pirates was forced to fold during The Great Depression the NHL return to Pittsburgh, as the Penguins are one of six new teams added to the league. Playing in the all-expansion Western Division the Penguins make their debut on October 11th at the Civic Arena, which is better known as the Igloo because of its unique shape losing to the Montreal Canadiens 2-1. Two nights later the Penguins would get their first win when they beat the Blues 3-1 in St. Louis. The Penguins would go on to finish in fifth place with a 27-34-13 record missing the playoffs by two points despite losing just one of their final seven games.

TEAM STATISTICS
Pens_stats.jpg

Boston Bruins

History

1928/29: On November 20th the Bruins open the Boston Garden by losing to the Montreal Canadiens 1-0. However, it was just a minor setback as the Bruins won their division for the second straight season with a 26-13-5 record. In the semifinals the Bruins would get revenge for opening night by sweeping the Canadiens in 3 straight, led by two shutouts from Goalie Tiny Thompson. In the first All-American Stanley Cup Finals the Bruins claim their first championship by beating the New York Rangers in two straight games.

TEAM STATISTICS
Bruins_Stats.jpg

Old Tyme Hockey Clip

Link by Link:

Boston Bruins Twitter
Boston.com's Bruins Blog
Boston Bruins Website
Hockey Streams
Hockey Webcasts
NHL.com for LIVE game day audio!

**Please note that some links will only work on GAME DAY**

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Horton better show up, it's been what... 12 games now since he last show up.

NiKrejci

May 11, 2009
Without a doubt tomorrow night will be the teams biggest challenge so far this year. Having just played they might be a little tired and that's not good when they're playing Sid the Kid.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Lock of the year win for me Bruins 5-2. Pitt sucks no defence I don't care about there offense there not going to stop Seguins line no matter how hard they try.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
That oughta even the offenses a bit

Think Spooner will get the call up or will it be Bourque?

If it's a long term injury I know soderberg is naturally a center

Hopefully.

Spooner at least deserves a shot, maybe he can surprise.

There is no need for breaking up that fourth line, they have found their stride over the past few games and have been awesome.

Pandolfo is NOT a fit for the third line. Spooner is the only guy we have in the system that makes sense right now.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I'm so glad this games on national TV since I'm out west. I should be back in time for the final two periods. Awkwardly ignoring work people at dinner so I could stare at the gamecast on my phone tonight, I'll need to come up with an excuse tomorrow.

Lets go Bs.

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
I want to see Spooner up so bad..

But im willing to bet these will be the third and fourth

Caron Pev's Paille

Macdermid Campbell Thornton

Pev's Center obviously.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Shoulder, I think I heard? Hope for his sake it's not another concussion.

Firstly, I erred in OP. Hit was Saturday night, not Sunday night.

Disco Dan seemed confident in saying he wasn't worried about it being another concussion. Geno's shoulder took the brunt of the hit against the boards, so I'd think it was his shoulder as well. Hopefully no structural damage and just a nasty contusion.

I always like to play the best and beat the best in order to be the best....and the Pens are still filthy on offense regardless...but the Bruins look like they'll be avoiding Malkin twice during this brutal stretch.

bruins04

Mar 3, 2007
Shoulder, I think I heard? Hope for his sake it's not another concussion.

me too... upper body injury can mean any number of things. but 1-2 weeks is the timeframe for return. he will miss both home games vs the B's

Fleury is 9-5-2 vs the Bruins, .930, 2.20 gaa, 2 shutouts.

it's a considerably better record than vs the majority of teams... so hopefully the boys come prepared. I'm going to call for a Horton goal. Pens games always seem to have pandemonium around the net and i feel he's due to get a goal where he cleans up the garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->