GDT: Bruins vs Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
No reason we shouldn't win tonight. Do we have status updates on Bergy and Looch? Last I saw they were at practice but were game time decisions.

Toronto's been on a tailspin. Their incredible lack of defense is really getting to them. Giving up some 35 odd shots every night is going to get to you eventually.

They do have a good offense though, so Tuukka + our defense really need to be on their game. Except for that last disaster, Tuukka's usually a brick wall against Toronto so I'm confident. He looked good against Detroit.

We just gotta keep possession and crash the net as much we can. Bernier is still injured, no? Good - rebound Reimer.

This is a must win. Being tied with Toronto is huge - makes a PO position significantly more attainable.

C'mon boys - ring in the New Year with a win!

EDIT: Damn just looked at the Laffs GDT and Bernier is back in tonight. Of course. Oh well. Still gotta win boys.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
A preseason game is always my best bet, just can't justify spending 200+ when all is said and done for a single event with my current pay scale

However, I would 100% love this

A preseason game is a good idea !

Tickets are cheaper (well...not if you are a STH) and Sept/ Oct is a nice time to visit New England for fans from far away !

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
I know that we had one a while back (Kessel's first game back in Boston) but Andy ended up eating some of the ticket costs. It's too bad - it was a good time.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I know that we had one a while back (Kessel's first game back in Boston) but Andy ended up eating some of the ticket costs. It's too bad - it was a good time.

I remember that. That was a long time ago. Does Andy still post ?

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I remember that. That was a long time ago. Does Andy still post ?

think his handle was Purple Shamrock? I don't think so; haven't seen anything in a long while. He got screwed more than once on ticket costs by no-shows. Shame.

Was a good event. We played Philly that day, lost I think. Then went over and I think we got Jaci as our waitress. :naughty: I think you and Gardin' came for that, iirc.

Would have a liked a 1pm game today. Ready to kick back on the couch.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Fluto sums up pretty good what is needed tonight:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...for-success/CKkxvIAyzfX1W8vzdbgUjK/story.html

“I think it’s just a mental mind-set,” said Dennis Seidenberg. “We saw [Monday] that when we put our minds into it, we just learned how to play solid hockey. It was us having a picture in our minds of how we want to play. We played it on the ice. That’s what’s kept us in the past few months from showing it every night.”

If the Bruins stay true to their season-long peaks-and-valleys play, they will take another step back against the Leafs. They will come up short in one of their deficient areas, be it leaky goaltending, poor puck management in the defensive zone, sluggishness in the neutral zone, or one-and-done fly-bys in the offensive zone.

But they played against Detroit as if they finally understood their situation: They aren’t big, fast, or skilled enough to succeed if they don’t skate and execute with desperation. Their win gave them proof that they can hang with anyone if they commit to 60 minutes of frenzy.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Oh, I'd forgotten about that. That is huge! (As is Chara ;)) Chara has a knack for neutralizing Kessel, and Kessel was instrumental in embarassing the B's last time around.

I think the Bruins felt Chara's loss in that game more than any other. Kessel was given free reign in that game and he took advantage.

It's home ice tonight and Julien will make sure Kessel and Chara are reacquainted on every shift Kessel takes.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
No Kessel trade, no Loui. :amazed:

Very true, and without Lightning rod Loui, this place would be boring. I laugh every time I see a Seguin discussion start, especially when we get the Seguin playoff numbers thrown out as reason why he wasn't that great. Kessel is and was a very good playoff performer, so I guess the smart reasoning is that they should have just kept him instead? :laugh:

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
A preseason game is always my best bet, just can't justify spending 200+ when all is said and done for a single event with my current pay scale

However, I would 100% love this

I'm with you on that one. I used to justify paying a premium because I live in Toronto and only have 2 or 3 opportunities to see the Bruins each year but the 1-0 game a couple of years ago where (I believe) Bourque scored the only goal in a very boring game was the last straw for me.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
think his handle was Purple Shamrock? I don't think so; haven't seen anything in a long while. He got screwed more than once on ticket costs by no-shows. Shame.

Was a good event. We played Philly that day, lost I think. Then went over and I think we got Jaci as our waitress. :naughty: I think you and Gardin' came for that, iirc.

Would have a liked a 1pm game today. Ready to kick back on the couch.

Yep. We were there. When was that ? ...a very long time ago.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Very true, and without Lightning rod Loui, this place would be boring. I laugh every time I see a Seguin discussion start, especially when we get the Seguin playoff numbers thrown out as reason why he wasn't that great. Kessel is and was a very good playoff performer, so I guess the smart reasoning is that they should have just kept him instead? :laugh:

In a Cap world, you can't keep all your high paid young star. They went with Krejci over Kessel and got a very nice return for the Thrill. Toronto got a young exciting star to watch while their team sucked and went nowhere while it helped the Bruins build the foundation that made them one of the most successfull franchise in the league since that trade. Win-Win.

Lot's of similarities with the Dallas trade besides the fact we didn't get any Hamilton or Seguin back...

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
In a Cap world, you can't keep all your high paid young star. They went with Krejci over Kessel and got a very nice return for the Thrill. Toronto got a young exciting star to watch while their team sucked and went nowhere while it helped the Bruins build the foundation that made them one of the most successfull franchise in the league since that trade. Win-Win.

Lot's of similarities with the Dallas trade besides the fact we didn't get any Hamilton or Seguin back...

True. I'm curious to see what happens in Edmonton when all their young talent starts hitting RFA and UFA status.

Teams can afford only so many high end players with big contracts under the cap. Entry level deals allow you to afford the talent for a while but eventually they all want that huge contract and the Oilers will watch them walk one by one if things don't change there and they will lose some just because if the cap.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Big hello to everybody here...

The last time I made a prediction was way over 6 weeks ago and I was almost dead on the score and I had also named who would score as well and I was dead on that too.....Just ask Gee Wally, I am certain he remembers;)

Well, I have that feeling again today and when I do I have to share it with others and today I will share it here as well...

The Bruins will win tonight rest assure.
The game will end 4-2 Boston and as far as goal scorers, I do not feel comfortable because I do not know if Bergy and Looch are playing and this is not allowing me to feel the entire vibe.

What I will confirm is a very solid win by the B's and we will be getting help from other teams tonight as well to help us climb back into the race again.....

Hmmmmm!Hmmmmm!Hmmmmmm! Posiive energy everyone and we will prevail....

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
No morning skate today? Don't see much on twitter about line combos and health.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Big hello to everybody here...

The last time I made a prediction was way over 6 weeks ago and I was almost dead on the score and I had also named who would score as well and I was dead on that too.....Just ask Gee Wally, I am certain he remembers;)

Well, I have that feeling again today and when I do I have to share it with others and today I will share it here as well...

The Bruins will win tonight rest assure.
The game will end 4-2 Boston and as far as goal scorers, I do not feel comfortable because I do not know if Bergy and Looch are playing and this is not allowing me to feel the entire vibe.

What I will confirm is a very solid win by the B's and we will be getting help from other teams tonight as well to help us climb back into the race again.....

Hmmmmm!Hmmmmm!Hmmmmmm! Posiive energy everyone and we will prevail....

:handclap: Sounds good to me.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I'll be watching this one on the couch...husband has a late breaking stomach bug and fever. Bummed, but it would be a dick move to leave him home sick alone on New Year's.

At least I won't be starting 2015 with a hangover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad