GDT: Bruins vs Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
That was a long time ago.
Some day we will all have to get together. Maybe even in the Summer for the Rookie camp.

SusieQ

I do think that is the best option. Free, sonic and DD right there in Wilmington

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
When the puck drops it'll already be 2015 over here.
Since I spend New Years Eve (is that right?) kind of alone ... gonna watch.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Why cant they play tomorrow night. Going to be at a concert and im sure one of my drunk idiot buddies will spill it - especially if we lose lol

Yeah. I got work tonight. Why cant they play tomorrow when I get off early

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'll be watching this one on the couch...husband has a late breaking stomach bug and fever. Bummed, but it would be a dick move to leave him home sick alone on New Year's.

At least I won't be starting 2015 with a hangover.

You are a good wife ;)

I hope he is feeling better.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'll be watching this one on the couch...husband has a late breaking stomach bug and fever. Bummed, but it would be a dick move to leave him home sick alone on New Year's.

At least I won't be starting 2015 with a hangover.

You can still drink when you're at home and your husband is sick. Don't be a quitter...:laugh:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
You can still drink when you're at home and your husband is sick. Don't be a quitter...:laugh:

Nah. Now that I don't have plans I might see if I can find a 5k or something nearby to do tomorrow morning. Start the year off right.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When the puck drops it'll already be 2015 over here.
Since I spend New Years Eve (is that right?) kind of alone ... gonna watch.

are you serious? you are that far ahead....who won the WJC between Canada and US;)

don't feel bad- I decided not to go to the Bruins game and am psyched to just chow down and watch the WJC at 4 EST and the Bruins-Laffs at 7 EST.

cant wait for just doing nothing but watching this game- I got a big butcher bone for my dog to take her out of action for some of this game but realize at some point she is going to want to play ball and bark her head off, and nip at me and do all the irritating stuff she is good at:) but I still love her

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Win or lose...

bruins-fan-drinks-from-flask.jpg

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You are a good wife ;)

I hope he is feeling better.

have fun- not going....was going to sit up top with Jay and Roger but figured its cold, it would cost all things considered adding up $100-$150 I'll stay at home

Saturday I am going with friends to watch football playoffs and my bud who has the tix daughter has mono so he cant go with her- so I went grocery shop and saw yute at register:laugh: but she is on schedule for Saturday 12-4 so she is and BF are out.

well, next door neighbor who is the Bergeron of neighbors is going to take his 9 year old to the game- he does a bleeping lot for me free so I am glad I can give him these as a pay back for all he does (plus his wife can really cook;))

see you in a week or two- I got lots of games second half

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Nah. Now that I don't have plans I might see if I can find a 5k or something nearby to do tomorrow morning. Start the year off right.

that is admirable - bummer for him to be sick; folks tell me who have met him he's a heck of a guy so it wont be to bad watching on TV; hope he feels better

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
have fun- not going....was going to sit up top with Jay and Roger but figured its cold, it would cost all things considered adding up $100-$150 I'll stay at home

Saturday I am going with friends to watch football playoffs and my bud who has the tix daughter has mono so he cant go with her- so I went grocery shop and saw yute at register:laugh: but she is on schedule for Saturday 12-4 so she is and BF are out.

well, next door neighbor who is the Bergeron of neighbors is going to take his 9 year old to the game- he does a bleeping lot for me free so I am glad I can give him these as a pay back for all he does (plus his wife can really cook;))

see you in a week or two- I got lots of games second half

Have a Happy and Safe New Year. My goal is to be home by 11:15 pm with my jammies on. ;)..and maybe a glass of wine in my hand.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Win or lose...

bruins-fan-drinks-from-flask.jpg

that really is outstanding- and I think the person next also was hitting the bottle or something

reminds me they sell the large Lemonaide at Fenway and I bought one and tossed a couple of nips of Vodka in one and put it down and my kid about 10 picks it up and starts drinking:shakehead

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Have a Happy and Safe New Year My goal is to be home by 11:15 pm with my jammies on. ;)..and maybe a glass of wine in my hand.

that sounds great- I think you are going to see a win tonight....Boston has to be feeling confident after the other night, and believe it or not, if they win its 4 of 5 even though it seems like they lost 10 in a row

I got a big bottle of Skyy Vodka so maybe will have one real good drink - but I always get up at 5:30 and don't want any hangovers so I will keep it to one; got some Guiness also, so maybe one of those but not more than 1 each

have a great time....picking Bruins 5-4 in a barn burner

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
that really is outstanding- and I think the person next also was hitting the bottle or something

reminds me they sell the large Lemonaide at Fenway and I bought one and tossed a couple of nips of Vodka in one and put it down and my kid about 10 picks it up and starts drinking:shakehead

Back in my drinking days, I was visiting my wife at school and we all went to a Paw Sox/Iron Pigs game outside of Philly. We all bought those large cokes and went out to the grassy area in center field and busted open the captain nips.

Of course this guy is standing there with his 5 year old kid and just stares at us and shakes his head like Lee Trevino in Happy Gilmore.

qc

Aug 23, 2011

:biglaugh:

Berge56

Oct 23, 2014
I will be at a party tonight but should be able to watch the game. Bruins will win tonight!

Canadian Bruin

Jun 16, 2007
Halifax, NS
Can't wait to watch this game, after the Red Wings game and seeing how this team should be playing I hope they continue.

Also hope Lucic is back and kicks his game up like the rest of them.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
I’m pretty excited about tonight’s game…feels like most of our little duckies are finally getting in a row…

It's like the wheels are all finally back on the bus and most of the seats are full…just push this thing off the cliff and let’s get rolling towards the Playoffs…we can pick up a few hitchhikers along the way…

Finish 2014 in a playoff spot and on a winning streak! :)tmi:…2 games is a streak...2 games is a streak...)

HERE WE GO BRUINS…HERE WE GO….

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Back in my drinking days, I was visiting my wife at school and we all went to a Paw Sox/Iron Pigs game outside of Philly. We all bought those large cokes and went out to the grassy area in center field and busted open the captain nips.

Of course this guy is standing there with his 5 year old kid and just stares at us and shakes his head like Lee Trevino in Happy Gilmore.

one of my many made up rules:amazed: is only having 'two' and stopping- but if say at some day long cookout drinking a bottle of water over an hour or so to stay hydrated and avoid being polluted.

well, I took my daughter to the Bruins-Rangers game two years ago at MSG. I go out on the concourse and lo and behold- I have freaking died and gone to heaven....a bar that went on for what looked like a mile. So I buy a 23 oz beer which comes with a foot long prezel in the container the beer comes in.

We come back to the seats (I'm with about 10 cop friends who are bleeping insane to begin with all with these beers and huge grins) and my daughter looks at me and shakes her head.

Next period- same thing.

Now she says, 'what about your rule? huh?'

well, I aint driving, and I'm at a hockey game but I told her, I had only two? they just happened to have 23 oz in them and that technically is really still one beer. Once you get to 24 oz you may have a point but I was satisfied with both my defense and the wonderful lesson I imparted on my daughter

and oh, yah, the Bruins beat the Rangers 2-1 as Timah stood on his head.

Whatever happened to that guy;)

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Injured: Patrice Bergeron (undisclosed), Milan Lucic (undisclosed), Adam McQuaid (thumb)

Status update: If Bergeron and Lucic return for the Bruins, Julien will have some difficult decisions with how to make out his lineup. Cunningham had been playing with Krejci and Lucic, but Smith fit well with Krejci on Monday. ... McQuaid has been practicing with the Bruins for about a week. He may be close to a return.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020547

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
that is admirable - bummer for him to be sick; folks tell me who have met him he's a heck of a guy so it wont be to bad watching on TV; hope he feels better

Thanks....he's alright. ;)

Saturday is his birthday so we have another fun game to look forward to...provided this bug is gone by then!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
No morning skate today? Don't see much on twitter about line combos and health.

Nope, no morning skate, per the week's schedule:

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=745728

Probably because at 10:30 AM, when the morning skate at the Garden is normally held, the ice was underneath a few inches of parquet. Have to wait for the pregame skate at 6:30 to see who's back and who's out. I'll be hoping to see a lot of jerseys ending in lucky 7 out there - and not because of any Espo or Borque reunion.

Bergy and Looch did skate at practice yesterday. As for this game, I'm nervous. We keep winning games we should lose, and losing games we should win. I guess that's why we actually play the games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad