GDT: Bruins vs Leafs - 2/2/13 - Part II

Whiskey Sam

Puck Monkey
Oct 22, 2008
The Old Dominion
Not to keep harping on this but Erskine got 3 games for elbowing meanwhile Stafford didn't even have a hearing for his elbow on Hamilton. The only difference seems to be that Simmonds was hurt on the play..

and yet, the Stafford elbow seemed a lot more premeditated than Erskine's which looked completely reactionary.

Whether you think Hamilton tried to embellish that or not.. that seems completely ridiculous that it wasn't even looked at from the league.

Anyway.. I'm done complaining about it. moving on.

When I saw Erskine's, my first thought was, "Hell, that's nowhere near as blatant as the one Hamilton caught." And he got three games? **** the league office.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
When I saw Erskine's, my first thought was, "Hell, that's nowhere near as blatant as the one Hamilton caught." And he got three games? **** the league office.

I loathe putting on my tinfoil hat, but it does seem the Bruins get the short end of the stick in that regard. Maybe they don't whine enough.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

The lockout was so long I forgot during the season there is a mandatory topic complaining about the Bruins posted daily.

Whiskey Sam

Puck Monkey
Oct 22, 2008
The Old Dominion
I loathe putting on my tinfoil hat, but it does seem the Bruins get the short end of the stick in that regard. Maybe they don't whine enough.

I really do think there is at least an element of "they're the tough bad guys" in the league office. It manifests itself in their cutting us less leeway on punishment and in it taking more for someone taking runs at our guys to get punished. I don't think it's a formal conspiracy but I have seen way too much slide when our guys get taken out to not at least think it colors their perception of us whether consciously or not.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Leaf fan coming in peace

I told you guys earlier this would NOT be a cakewalk and the leafs would give your team the biggest fight of the season, and I was proven right.

All in all good game, you guys won because of the Bruins dominant play in the 1st period and because the Leafs refused to take quality shots on net all game long.

Even though the leafs lost, I'm not disappointed because we went down swinging.

Bruins completely controlled that game from start to finish...the leaf's were lucky to eclipse the 20 shots on goal mark...not too shabby considering that this was the B's 4th game this week.

The leaf's didn't take quality shots b/c the Bs smothered them defensively.

If anyone ever writes a textbook on how to win road games in the #NHL, that game will be the subject of chapter one.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I really do think there is at least an element of "they're the tough bad guys" in the league office. It manifests itself in their cutting us less leeway on punishment and in it taking more for someone taking runs at our guys to get punished. I don't think it's a formal conspiracy but I have seen way too much slide when our guys get taken out to not at least think it colors their perception of us whether consciously or not.

Yeah, I think you've got a point. It's not at the "it's a conspiracy!" level but there's probably some subliminal prejudice there.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

I think there is some bias. I still to this day believe one of the reasons Shanahan did not suspend Sestito last year was because Horton got up and tried to take care of the hit himself. I think the fact that the Bruins don't whine to the league hurts as well.

Oh and I also think injury plays a huge role even though it shouldn't IMO. Stafford's elbow was no less dangerous than Erskine's and being lucky should result in a free pass.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA

It's all Vigneault's fault.

In other news, Patches will be back soon, maybe next week.

Pacioretty (appendectomy) participated in the full practice Friday, the Montreal Gazette reports. Montreal head coach Michel Therrien said Pacioretty has been cleared to play and that the forward could play next week. As further evidence of Pacioretty's imminent return, the Canadiens reassigned Michael Blunden to AHL Hamilton following Friday's practice.

Whiskey Sam

Puck Monkey
Oct 22, 2008
The Old Dominion
It's all Vigneault's fault.

In other news, Patches will be back soon, maybe next week.

Pacioretty (appendectomy) participated in the full practice Friday, the Montreal Gazette reports. Montreal head coach Michel Therrien said Pacioretty has been cleared to play and that the forward could play next week. As further evidence of Pacioretty's imminent return, the Canadiens reassigned Michael Blunden to AHL Hamilton following Friday's practice.

Well there goes his second career as a movie critic.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I guess that was all the motivation he needed. Maybe Julien needs to do the same with Seguin.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Congrats to Bourque on his first as a Bruin and props for doing an old fashioned Bourque fist pump. Hope he keeps it up.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Can someone explain the Seguin none goal. Was at a bar and coulsnt hear the explaination. Thanks

Supposedly Marchand, enroute to getting injured crashing into the boards interfered with Reimer and the ref intended to whistle the play dead but hadn't got around to it until after the puck was in the net. It didn't make much sense.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Quote of the Night

“They're big and they can be bad, but that's part of the process that your team has to grow into, you have to be prepared to compete against the big teams in the league and Boston's one of them.”

-Randy Carlyle, on facing the Bruins.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Supposedly Marchand, enroute to getting injured crashing into the boards interfered with Reimer and the ref intended to whistle the play dead but hadn't got around to it until after the puck was in the net. It didn't make much sense.

Yep, you simply musn't review that. I mean, it's the right call if you consider that other crap-call, but reviewing the goal and then not allowing it because of "goalie interference" is just rubbish.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Just finished up watching the game.

The refs were atrocious. That interference on Siedenberg at the end was BS. He didn't make any contact with the leafs player, the leafs player touched him. Add to that the "slash" on Seguin and the waved off goals for who knows what reason, I really thought this was the refs' first day on the job or something.

Glad the Bruins prevailed and won despite the refs.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
And they didn't see the high-stick on Hamilton which would of been a 4 min PP ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad