GDT: Bruins vs Leafs - 2/2/13 - Part II

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Missed this one, strictly highlights for me, looked like MacD had two scraparoo`s, saw one and he took his sparring partner down.

I see Bourque scores= thread about thoughts on Bourque:)

D tightened up, which was exactly what I expected regardless of whom the boys were playing, Thursday night was as sloppy as I`d seen them in a while

Nice to see the 2pt, could care less if it was a one goal win or a 6 goal win. Leafs board I have browsed this AM has their collective chests puffed out claiming moral victory

How did Tardif look in limited duty?

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Was a beauty to see Hamilton, Seguin and Rask on the same ice as Kessel. Krejci was very good again. Let's hope that he can sustain that level of play a for a long stretch. Good game by Rask and Reimer is on the road of recovery. He could be an asset for the Leafs...

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Just finished up watching the game.

The refs were atrocious. That interference on Siedenberg at the end was BS. He didn't make any contact with the leafs player, the leafs player touched him. Add to that the "slash" on Seguin and the waved off goals for who knows what reason, I really thought this was the refs' first day on the job or something.

Glad the Bruins prevailed and won despite the refs.

They have been for a few games now. There was 2 disallowed goals last night. The 2nd one was due to the error they made on the 1st one. ;)

Tardif looked good, had a beauty hit on Kessel in open ice.

He skinned and that brought on a Mackie fight, me thinks.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Supposedly Marchand, enroute to getting injured crashing into the boards interfered with Reimer and the ref intended to whistle the play dead but hadn't got around to it until after the puck was in the net. It didn't make much sense.

The amazing part about that was Reimer stuck his skate/pad well outside the post and tripped Marchand sending him hard in the boards. We got triple screwed there: missed trip call (not saying intentional, but Reimer positioning was awful and as a result DID trip him), Marchand hurt as a result, no goal.

Refs truly suck this season --- both for and against Bruins. Like NFL replacement refs. Not saying there is any sort of bias ---- just not competent on a nightly basis.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Leaf fan coming in peace

I told you guys earlier this would NOT be a cakewalk and the leafs would give your team the biggest fight of the season, and I was proven right.

All in all good game, you guys won because of the Bruins dominant play in the 1st period and because the Leafs refused to take quality shots on net all game long.

Even though the leafs lost, I'm not disappointed because we went down swinging.

Why are people taking shots at this guy.
He came in peace, said it was a good game and gave a little compliment to the
B's.

Was it the b's biggest fight of the season ? probably not, due to the loss to Buffalo, but still, why the need to rag on the guy.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
B's.

Was it the b's biggest fight of the season ? probably not, due to the loss to Buffalo, but still, why the need to rag on the guy.

Because the "moral victory" meme is hilarious?

Look, I never, ever post on other team's thread unless I'm engaged in some sort of rational discussion. Win or lose, posting nyah-nyahs (often cloaked by backhanded compliments) just irritates me. And while we're on the subject, the "I come in peace" schtick is beyond annoying. It's a freaking hockey board, not the Paris Peace Talks.

If you feel a need to post on someone else's board, a simple "good game, you have a good team" will suffice. Leave the "moral victory!" stuff on your own board.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
The amazing part about that was Reimer stuck his skate/pad well outside the post and tripped Marchand sending him hard in the boards. We got triple screwed there: missed trip call (not saying intentional, but Reimer positioning was awful and as a result DID trip him), Marchand hurt as a result, no goal.

Refs truly suck this season --- both for and against Bruins. Like NFL replacement refs. Not saying there is any sort of bias ---- just not competent on a nightly basis.

They had to call that one back because of the one they refused earlier against the Leafs.

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
phew.gif

Whats that guy doing ?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Look, I never, ever post on other team's thread unless I'm engaged in some sort of rational discussion. Win or lose, posting nyah-nyahs (often cloaked by backhanded compliments) just irritates me. And while we're on the subject, the "I come in peace" schtick is beyond annoying. It's a freaking hockey board, not the Paris Peace Talks.

If you feel a need to post on someone else's board, a simple "good game, you have a good team" will suffice. Leave the "moral victory!" stuff on your own board.

You weren't around when our board was exactly like this. Happy we won a fight or something even if we lost 5-2.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

Well put. The refs must have been feeling guilty about the 1st disallowed goal. Its ridiculous. Reimer trips Marchand outside the crease (penalty?) and Brad hurts himself. Then Komisarek interferes with his own goalie, preventing him from regaining his positioning. The Bs score and they wave it off!? Morons! I'm even thinking Reimer might have tripped Marchand on purpose since its was Marchand. If slew footing can be reviewed, so should tripping. And #@ck Carlyle for stating that Rask is a diver, look at your own goalie lying there for 2 secs trying to get a call which he did. Just reafirms for me that he is an incompetent coach who uses an ahl Dman (Kostka) as a workhorse on the pp, when he has Liles, Gardiner and Franson at his calling lol.

Great fight by McDermit. And congrats to Bourque for his 1st goal of what I hope is many more.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
You weren't around when our board was exactly like this. Happy we won a fight or something even if we lost 5-2.

I've certainly been a fan long enough to have lived through that, but the point is, keep it in-house. If you're going to post such things on other team's boards, you're going to get **** for it.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

Artemis, you're my hero, lol.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Those were the days :laugh:

To be completely honest, I'm still ok with an occasional "moral victory" depending on the situation. Toronto last night did not score a moral victory however. If you beat the tar out of a clearly superior team, but battle for 60 and don't catch the right side of the post a few teams, I can at least feel good about the game.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Those were the days :laugh:

To be completely honest, I'm still ok with an occasional "moral victory" depending on the situation. Toronto last night did not score a moral victory however. If you beat the tar out of a clearly superior team, but battle for 60 and don't catch the right side of the post a few teams, I can at least feel good about the game.

Toronto was down two top 6 forwards and lost 7-0 and 8-0 last year too us. I'm not a big moral victory guy but I would imagine last night would qualify for one.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
B's.

I'd say because he's a civil Canadian, he doesn't understand what posting on a Bruins site is going to generate. So, well versed Bruins fans have a need to let him know his type is not really appreciated here.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Missed this one, strictly highlights for me, looked like MacD had two scraparoo`s, saw one and he took his sparring partner down.

I see Bourque scores= thread about thoughts on Bourque:)

D tightened up, which was exactly what I expected regardless of whom the boys were playing, Thursday night was as sloppy as I`d seen them in a while

Nice to see the 2pt, could care less if it was a one goal win or a 6 goal win. Leafs board I have browsed this AM has their collective chests puffed out claiming moral victory

How did Tardif look in limited duty?

Can't tell you how good it felt to see that. Not just for the son of but for #77 as well.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Toronto was down two top 6 forwards and lost 7-0 and 8-0 last year too us. I'm not a big moral victory guy but I would imagine last night would qualify for one.

In terms of keeping it close and never being "out of the game", yes I agree. I don't think Toronto played particularly well/hard though. Better than the last half dozen games against Boston, but still not anything to write home about.

Obviously these "moral victories" don't account for anything, but you should at least have something to hang your hat on at the end of the night.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
To say the refs were atrocious would be an understatement.
That the B's only scored 1 goal is secondary to not allowing any, good to see them buckle down on D.
I can't wait for a habs game!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
In terms of keeping it close and never being "out of the game", yes I agree. I don't think Toronto played particularly well/hard though. Better than the last half dozen games against Boston, but still not anything to write home about.

Obviously these "moral victories" don't account for anything, but you should at least have something to hang your hat on at the end of the night.

Agreed. They are in desperate need for leadership. They need a Getzlaf and a Clowe up front and somebody better then Phaneuf that's for sure.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Supposedly Marchand, enroute to getting injured crashing into the boards interfered with Reimer and the ref intended to whistle the play dead but hadn't got around to it until after the puck was in the net. It didn't make much sense.

Which, even though that would have been a bull **** call, I would at least understand.. however, like you mentioned.. they didn't blow the play dead until after the puck went into the net. Which was a good 5 seconds after Marchand hit the boards.. 5 seconds is an eternity in hockey.

And even if that was the call, it's not reviewable like Brick said.. so why the hell were they reviewing it?

Some said that it was a case of "I meant to blow the whistle" in regards to Marchand being down and hurt.. but again.. if that's the explanation, why the review? :laugh:

Completely embarrassing officiating.

I don't buy it being a make up call from the earlier phantom goalie interference either. That happens all the time (it's happened quite a few times against the Bruins as well) and AT MOST all you get is a make up call PP to try and correct the "injustice"

What happened last night was just a complete failure of officiating. Simple as that. I don't think it had anything to do with the earlier interference.

Which, by the way, if any Leaf fans are reading this; yes, that was a bull **** call against you guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad