GDT: Bruins vs Leafs - 2/2/13 - Part II

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Leaf fan coming in peace

I told you guys earlier this would NOT be a cakewalk and the leafs would give your team the biggest fight of the season, and I was proven right.

All in all good game, you guys won because of the Bruins dominant play in the 1st period and because the Leafs refused to take quality shots on net all game long.

Even though the leafs lost, I'm not disappointed because we went down swinging.

wait so let me get this straight.
The bruins won because Toronto decided to not take quality shots.

Got it.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Is it just me or are the refs really bad this year ?

I usually think it is lame to blame them but they seam to be terrible of late

tonight was horribly frustrating to watch. The leafs just hold onto B's all night and never have it called then you see Seids get called with little time left in the 3rd on a borderline call. They follow it up with a garbage call on Segs. Not to mention the called off goal for goalie interference which should have been a penalty on Reimer and a good goal. There were several bad hits on the B's as well that should have been called. Your not alone on your feelings about officiating it's been horrible this year. They seem to just be very one sided in games.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Well it looks like the defense remembered how to play, and love it that Tuukka knows they gave him a pretty easy night.

Marchand loss will hurt if it is anything serious.

And for stat lovers the Bruins do not have a regulation loss in games that Bourque has played in.

Nice to see him score though.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
He got word that Tim Hortons only had two powdered jellies left so he had to get to steppin'

His excuse: "I'm not the captain . . ."

He's a punk.

He may score goals now and then, but he's. a punk.

I'm glad, and have been glad, he no longer wears the Spoked B.

Only fans that live and play fantasy **** would want him. But sweat, blood, and guts real life. **** Kessel.

Last edited:

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins
Coach postgame said Brad not playing for the rest of tonight's game was "cautionary"-he had been cleared to play the third..^CS

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Yea it looked it too.The kid came back and left two different times.:shakehead Why fool around with one of the only players you have that puts pucks in net? Would been nice now he had of gotten hit hard into boards on that same shoulder and done for yr or something.No need to be risking it this early.Just my take.

Naoko Funayama ‏@NaokoFunayama

Per Julien: Cautionary move on Bruins part to take Marchand out of game. Marchand wanted to keep going but Bruins thinking more long-term.

Coach postgame said Brad not playing for the rest of tonight's game was "cautionary"-he had been cleared to play the third..^CS

Twitter is a lovely thing.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not to keep harping on this but Erskine got 3 games for elbowing meanwhile Stafford didn't even have a hearing for his elbow on Hamilton. The only difference seems to be that Simmonds was hurt on the play..

and yet, the Stafford elbow seemed a lot more premeditated than Erskine's which looked completely reactionary.

Whether you think Hamilton tried to embellish that or not.. that seems completely ridiculous that it wasn't even looked at from the league.

Anyway.. I'm done complaining about it. moving on.

I told ya it wasn't going to be looked at ;) Should've been but oh well

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I've been thinking the same thing. And it's not homerism; they're bad everywhere.

Pretty much this. It isn't homerism and it isn't even a "we lost because the refs hated us" it really is a matter of the refs just not making good calls.

Not to keep harping on this but Erskine got 3 games for elbowing meanwhile Stafford didn't even have a hearing for his elbow on Hamilton. The only difference seems to be that Simmonds was hurt on the play..

One thing I hate about the NHL supplementary discipline system is that it overly relies on injury to determine who gets a hearing and suspended.

They need to suspend to the action not the injury. I am fine if you add a game or two extra for injury, but injury shouldn't be the baseline for who gets a hearing.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Leaf fan coming in peace

I told you guys earlier this would NOT be a cakewalk and the leafs would give your team the biggest fight of the season, and I was proven right.

All in all good game, you guys won because of the Bruins dominant play in the 1st period and because the Leafs refused to take quality shots on net all game long.

Even though the leafs lost, I'm not disappointed because we went down swinging.

I'm glad the leafs played a good game however 1-0 doesn't tell the whole story. The bruins heavily out shot toronto and chara is still in kessels nightmares. Until Phil can start producing against his former team the leafs will never be a real threat as far as I'm concerned.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Pretty much a defensive clinic, which was great to see after the defensive nightmare against Buffalo.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI

phew.gif

Bi Coastal Bawse*

And here people thought we had to goon it up cuz of Orr and Mclaren. Both were non factors.

I was one of those people I will admit.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011

Thank God! I know I don't post on here enough, but I've been a big Bruins fan since moving here and Marchand is quickly becoming my favorite player.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Nothing like a solid, lunch pail win to put things back in perspective. Hopefully some of the fans with weaker constitutions will take note.

Yup. The Bruins played a very nice game on the road.

Both goalies were good. Toronto was held to 21 shots.

The B's penalty killing is so good. It was exciting to see them close the game on the PK.

Nice to see Bourque with the goal.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Pretty much a defensive clinic, which was great to see after the defensive nightmare against Buffalo.

The Bruins are doing the defensive version of Jeckyll and Hyde.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad