GDT: Bruins vs Leafs - 2/2/13 - Part II

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I hope Marchand was sat for precautionary measures and that it's nothing too serious. Otherwise we might see Spooner pretty soon

Well, he did take a few shifts after that incident if I remember correctly.
You could be right. Him being able to play right after that should be a good sign.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Seguin non-goal was a horrible call. As was Siedenberg's interference. He did everything he could to not touch the guy. I also think Tuukka got lucky, that was a weak call, too.

2 points.

Loved Chara when he went full Slavic monster on the guy who hit Boychuk. Mcdermit w/ the 2nd round KO was nice, too.

Good sign w/ Marshy was he tried to skate it off. Maybe just a sprained shoulder.

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
Well said man.

They played a stinker the other night. Lost as a team. Tonight they pulled together and worked and ground it out. What more can you ask after 4 games in 6 nights.

And as or this we are vulnerable and targets.......hogwash nuckle dragging bull sheet.

6-1-1 is a clean 75% winning percentage. Hell, 5-1-1 was a 71.4% winning percentage. Yet, reading some messages, you'd think the team was well below.500.

Is the team perfect? No. Is there room for improvement? Yes, in many areas. But the team has gotten off to a historically good start, and there's more than enough time for them to gel and for Chia to add parts.

Life is good.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
6-1-1 is a clean 75% winning percentage. Hell, 5-1-1 was a 71.4% winning percentage. Yet, reading some messages, you'd think the team was well below.500.

Is the team perfect? No. Is there room for improvement? Yes, in many areas. But the team has gotten off to a historically good start, and there's more than enough time for them to gel and for Chia to add parts.

Life is good.

Well said!

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Not happy with way Bruins handled Marchand tonite.He was clearly hurt tonite and there was no need to let him come back out regardless what he said.They needed to get gear off him and treat the injury asap.Then to let him do an interview was laughable too.Like 17 other guys in there and him hurt and doing that,Unreal.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org

Life is good.

:yo:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Very nice win. Thankfully Toronto was without two top 6 forwards. Bourque and Soupy really picked it up tonight. Hopefully Marchand returns quickly. 6-1-1 and bergeron seguin and Lucic have a combined 4 goals. We are only going to get better.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Life is good.

QFT.

Look at the Rangers and Philly.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Leaf fan coming in peace

I told you guys earlier this would NOT be a cakewalk and the leafs would give your team the biggest fight of the season, and I was proven right.

All in all good game, you guys won because of the Bruins dominant play in the 1st period and because the Leafs refused to take quality shots on net all game long.

Even though the leafs lost, I'm not disappointed because we went down swinging.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Not happy with way Bruins handled Marchand tonite.He was clearly hurt tonite and there was no need to let him come back out regardless what he said.They needed to get gear off him and treat the injury asap.Then to let him do an interview was laughable too.Like 17 other guys in there and him hurt and doing that,Unreal.

Y'know, I kind of think the Bruins trainers and coaches know a wee bit more about what's going on with their players than we do.

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins

Coach postgame said Brad not playing for the rest of tonight's game was "cautionary"-he had been cleared to play the third..^CS

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Nice boring road win at the end of a very busy week. All is good except for the mounting injuries...which we all knew were going to be an issue this year. Happy to see Bourque finally get one.

Good timing for a three day break and only two games the whole week.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Leaf fan coming in peace

I told you guys earlier this would NOT be a cakewalk and the leafs would give your team the biggest fight of the season, and I was proven right.

All in all good game, you guys won because of the Bruins dominant play in the 1st period and because the Leafs refused to take quality shots on net all game long.

Moral victory! Wahoo!! :handclap: :laugh:

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Not to keep harping on this but Erskine got 3 games for elbowing meanwhile Stafford didn't even have a hearing for his elbow on Hamilton. The only difference seems to be that Simmonds was hurt on the play..

and yet, the Stafford elbow seemed a lot more premeditated than Erskine's which looked completely reactionary.

Whether you think Hamilton tried to embellish that or not.. that seems completely ridiculous that it wasn't even looked at from the league.

Anyway.. I'm done complaining about it. moving on.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
He got word that Tim Hortons only had two powdered jellies left so he had to get to steppin'

laughing.gif

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Leaf fan coming in peace

Ummm...did you miss the Sabres game?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Y'know, I kind of think the Bruins trainers and coaches know a wee bit more about what's going on with their players than we do.

Yea it looked it too.The kid came back and left two different times.:shakehead Why fool around with one of the only players you have that puts pucks in net? Would been nice now he had of gotten hit hard into boards on that same shoulder and done for yr or something.No need to be risking it this early.Just my take.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Leaf fan coming in peace

This game was the Bruin's biggest fight of the season? :laugh:

Bruins had to fight back from being down on the scoreboard FOUR times after 2 periods in their 6 wins...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad