Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
continued from here :

Proposal: - Bruins Trade Proposals XIII- Mod in OP

Please stay on subject and try to have some reasoning behind your proposals.

Why team(s) do this, CAP, NMC, NTC, etc....

If the few of you insist on flaming each other take it to PM with each other.

This is NOT to discuss past drafts.

Do not post rumors without reputable link or be prior vetted as an insider.

Going forward there will be warnings and bans.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If Sweeney decides he has to move Cehlarik (don’t do it Donny), somehow I want T Toffoli on Krejci’s right wing when all the dust settles. $4.6 Cap is not cheap but not terribe for a 25 goal scorer. Young and signed for two more years. LA sucks and needs to rebuild

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If Sweeney decides he has to move Cehlarik (don’t do it Donny), somehow I want T Toffoli on Krejci’s right wing when all the dust settles. $4.6 Cap is not cheap but not terribe for a 25 goal scorer. Young and signed for two more years. LA sucks and needs to rebuild

You do realize that Toffoli has just one more goal this season (7) than does Donato, Kuraly, and Wagner (6) despite having played significantly more minutes than all three guys (836 vs. 616/570/425).

So he's not scoring goals at his normal rate. He's not fast. He's not physical.

Pass.

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
"I know its only 2 games but Cehlarik fits like a glove on Krejci's line. Great hands, big body and wins a ton of puck battles along the wall. They have been the best Bruin line the last 2 games. I said it when Cehlarik was called up that if he plays well with Krejci and Debrusk than the Bruins really only need to make one trade and that is for a 3C.

In no particular order all of these players are presumed available. Bruins have the pieces to acquire any one of them.

Schenn
Duchene
Eric Staal (cost a lot less than Schenn)
Pageau
Kevin Hayes
Brassard"

Sign me up for Staal. I doubt he's available though with the Wild currently in the playoff picture.

Reactions: bbfan419

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
You do realize that Toffoli has just one more goal this season (7) than does Donato, Kuraly, and Wagner (6) despite having played significantly more minutes than all three guys (836 vs. 616/570/425).

So he's not scoring goals at his normal rate. He's not fast. He's not physical.

Pass.
I agree he’s down. But that whole LA team is a disaster. No denying he’s got a solid track record of mid 20 goal seasons.

I’m in camp that we keep Cehlarik on Krejci’s line and ride it with fingers crossed. Spend assets on 3C.

HOWEVER, if Cehlarik doesn’t work long term or we move him you have to get a goal scorer on that line. Toffoli would be an add to what we have. He’s not Donato (at this stage), Kuraly, or Wagner and you know it. You know it full well, actually.:laugh:

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm choosing to view Cehlarik differently than most here.

I'll choose to trust the Bruins on this one and assume he's been deserving of his time in Providence. If all of a sudden another team wants him as a key piece of a deal for a player like Schenn, I jump at that. If they prefer him over Heinen or Bjork or whomever, I love it. Gonna go on the assumption that the players who've been playing at this level all year and longer over Cehlarik are more valuable players to us. A nice two-game showing is great - good for the kid. And I liked how he looked with Krejci in the past. But if we can parlay that into adding a talent like Schenn by only adding Gryz and some minor piece, where do I sign?

Again, I like Gryz a lot and I'm sure the other pieces we'd have to give in this mythical deal that will never happen are good young pieces, but give me the best player in a trade. It's time this GM put his stamp on a team and line them up for some real success in the short-term. I'm not gonna gripe if he gives up a kid who has looked good THIS WEEK.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
If the Bruins add Schenn and a winger, I think the they can make some noise in the playoffs this year.
Noise doesn't equate to cup. Just hold on our super prospects . Peter c is now one of them only 23 but looks like he's been playing in the nhl for 10 yrs. He's been a force on every shift. We have our schenn and maybe better .

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

I'll choose to trust the Bruins on this one and assume he's been deserving of his time in Providence. If all of a sudden another team wants him as a key piece of a deal for a player like Schenn, I jump at that. If they prefer him over Heinen or Bjork or whomever, I love it. Gonna go on the assumption that the players who've been playing at this level all year and longer over Cehlarik are more valuable players to us. A nice two-game showing is great - good for the kid. And I liked how he looked with Krejci in the past. But if we can parlay that into adding a talent like Schenn by only adding Gryz and some minor piece, where do I sign?

Again, I like Gryz a lot and I'm sure the other pieces we'd have to give in this mythical deal that will never happen are good young pieces, but give me the best player in a trade. It's time this GM put his stamp on a team and line them up for some real success in the short-term. I'm not gonna gripe if he gives up a kid who has looked good THIS WEEK.
let's say that happens & we play Schenn on the 3rd line instead of JFK. Now you still need a winger for Krejci & still have Donato in the lineup when frankly he probably shouldn't be. I guess Nordstrom will replace him eventually, but I still don't think this addresses our biggest need.

I'm with @GloryDaze4877 in thinking they need to figure out how to make this work without giving up Heinen but I also think they can't give up Cehlarik because at the moment he's the only in-house option who has shown anything on that line even if it's a small sample size.

To me if you're adding Schenn he needs to play center and makes JFK redundant so I would be insisting that he's a piece going the other way.

My perfect world scenario would be if they can add Schenn & Ferland with the only roster players going out being Grizz & JFK. Totally pie in the sky stuff though as I don't see them making two big moves like that.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Still can’t believe the number of people here ready to move Krug out.

He’s not Ray Bourque defensively, but he’s sufficient back there. However he is arguably one of the top offensive dmen in the NHL right now. He’s involved offensively every game.

If he is moved, I predict we will all soon be whining about the lack of an offensive dman. Oh how quickly we forget.

And nobody knows what he will ask for on his next contract. Enough with the predictions that he will ask for 7-8m per.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
let's say that happens & we play Schenn on the 3rd line instead of JFK. Now you still need a winger for Krejci & still have Donato in the lineup when frankly he probably shouldn't be. I guess Nordstrom will replace him eventually, but I still don't think this addresses our biggest need.

I'm with @GloryDaze4877 in thinking they need to figure out how to make this work without giving up Heinen but I also think they can't give up Cehlarik because at the moment he's the only in-house option who has shown anything on that line even if it's a small sample size.

To me if you're adding Schenn he needs to play center and makes JFK redundant so I would be insisting that he's a piece going the other way.

My perfect world scenario would be if they can add Schenn & Ferland with the only roster players going out being Grizz & JFK. Totally pie in the sky stuff though as I don't see them making two big moves like that.

I don't think they'd play Schenn as #3C. I think they'd play him on 2RW and solidify a potent 2nd line.

At that point we don't love the third line obviously, but this lineup could do just fine:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Schenn-Krejci-DeBrusk
Heinne/Donato/Nordstrom-JFK-Nordstrom/Backes
Kuraly-Acciari-Wagner

Then if you get to the deadline and you can add a rental piece for 2RW (Williams, Simmonds, etc.), then you can slide Schenn to #3c and roll three deep centers.

But as of today I think the best spot for him is 2W. And honestly, those top two lines are terrific.

Reactions: OV

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

That line was by far the best line on ice. Jake was looking better as well. The third line needs to be fixed and I'm not giving up Gryz to do it.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

He’s not Ray Bourque defensively, but he’s sufficient back there. However he is arguably one of the top offensive dmen in the NHL right now. He’s involved offensively every game.

If he is moved, I predict we will all soon be whining about the lack of an offensive dman. Oh how quickly we forget.

And nobody knows what he will ask for on his next contract. Enough with the predictions that he will ask for 7-8m per.

agreed.

you trade Krug and the very next day we're back to the multiple threads about "why does our PP suck" and "why cant we score on the PP"

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Okay then what should we assume he'll ask for? If you were him, what would you ask for?

This is a board so we won't know exactly what his ask will be, but it seems to me like assuming anything other than recent league average for a dman with his stats is foolish. Can't assume a hometown discount and can't assume he's looking to set a new market. So who's the best comp and what's the AAV?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I agree he’s down. But that whole LA team is a disaster. No denying he’s got a solid track record of mid 20 goal seasons.

I’m in camp that we keep Cehlarik on Krejci’s line and ride it with fingers crossed. Spend assets on 3C.

HOWEVER, if Cehlarik doesn’t work long term or we move him you have to get a goal scorer on that line. Toffoli would be an add to what we have. He’s not Donato (at this stage), Kuraly, or Wagner and you know it. You know it full well, actually.:laugh:

He's not, I agree, just putting it into context.

I just don't know with Toffoli. He's a shooter who doesn't really create his own looks, which on a bad team like LA doesn't help his cause.

His strength is finding soft spots on the ice to use his shot off the cycle. He's not good at all scoring of the rush.

On one hand, he may be a great fit for Krejci, who loves the cycle game. Cehlarik - Krejci - Toffoli could be gang-busters actually.

On the other hand, he doesn't help the Bruins rush attack (which is a big weakness of this team IMO). Doesn't make them better on the forecheck (he's not fast nor physical).

It's a gamble, depends on the price I guess. The more I think about it I'm not totally against it.

Reactions: Number8

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Negatives tend to outweigh positives on an even scale in peoples minds.

Everyone loves Krugs offense, but when he gets beaten defensively people immediate want him moved.

I think his minutes need to be adjusted to he is strategically deployed. He is playing minutes he should not right now.

Reactions: don

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
That line was by far the best line on ice. Jake was looking better as well. The third line needs to be fixed and I'm not giving up Gryz to do it.
Agree to disagree.

In no world should they be making moves or turning down moves based on two damn games. Hell David Backes scored last night...do we want to keep him too now?

Don't get me wrong I'm happy Cehlarik played well and happy they look good. But is the second line "fixed" all of a sudden based on two games? Hell no. If StL wants Cehlarik right now in a deal for Schenn, he's not holding it up. If nothing happens, which is obviously most likely if not certain, then we'll get another 40 days or so to see if Cehlarik can sustain.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don't think they'd play Schenn as #3C. I think they'd play him on 2RW and solidify a potent 2nd line.

At that point we don't love the third line obviously, but this lineup could do just fine:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Schenn-Krejci-DeBrusk
Heinne/Donato/Nordstrom-JFK-Nordstrom/Backes
Kuraly-Acciari-Wagner

Then if you get to the deadline and you can add a rental piece for 2RW (Williams, Simmonds, etc.), then you can slide Schenn to #3c and roll three deep centers.

But as of today I think the best spot for him is 2W. And honestly, those top two lines are terrific.
if the goal is to get a reliable 2nd line RW then Schenn shouldn't be the target IMO. He can play wing but by all accounts he's a much better fit at center.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Agree to disagree.

In no world should they be making moves or turning down moves based on two damn games. Hell David Backes scored last night...do we want to keep him too now?

Don't get me wrong I'm happy Cehlarik played well and happy they look good. But is the second line "fixed" all of a sudden based on two games? Hell no. If StL wants Cehlarik right now in a deal for Schenn, he's not holding it up. If nothing happens, which is obviously most likely if not certain, then we'll get another 40 days or so to see if Cehlarik can sustain.
I bet my left ... That cehlerik can sustain. He has matured well in providence put some solid numbers and in 2 games I know 2 he knows exactly where to be and has instant chemistry with David . Getting schenn and giving up cehlerik doesn't look much of a bump to me now. Plus cehlerik can be with Bruins for multiple years instead of a one year and done with schenn .

Reactions: bruinshoper

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Noise doesn't equate to cup. Just hold on our super prospects . Peter c is now one of them only 23 but looks like he's been playing in the nhl for 10 yrs. He's been a force on every shift. We have our schenn and maybe better .
I'm fine with the Bruins keeping Cehlarik. I assume you are talking about Frederic. I don't think the Bruins will trade him but having Schenn and Fredric will make this team better down the line.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
With Cehlarik showing some chemistry and promise on the 2nd line, they should be looking to add a 3C now and see if the new 2nd line can continue with the solid play. Ideally a trade for 3C should include JFK+. He is redundant short term and long term. If 2RW still is an issue at the deadline, deal Gryz+. Those should be the only 2 roster spots in play because we can't afford to lose any other roster players.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Agree to disagree.

I'm not disagreeing with you , I'm just saying lets play it out to see what happens with that line before trading Gryz.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Okay then what should we assume he'll ask for? If you were him, what would you ask for?

This is a board so we won't know exactly what his ask will be, but it seems to me like assuming anything other than recent league average for a dman with his stats is foolish. Can't assume a hometown discount and can't assume he's looking to set a new market. So who's the best comp and what's the AAV?
I have no idea. If I were a decision maker I’d wait it out. Under his current deal the team has two more playoff runs with Krug. Looking at the teams core, I’d say keeping Krug the duration of his contract is a no brainer. IF he asks for big money on his next deal, let him walk as a UFA.

I don’t think anyone expected Pastrnak and Marchand to sign for what they did. I’d rather wait it out with Krug. He’s a vital piece of this team, and at the moment there isn’t anyone to step into his role. Hopefully McAvoy can, but he hasn’t yet

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
agreed.

you trade Krug and the very next day we're back to the multiple threads about "why does our PP suck" and "why cant we score on the PP"
I think a lot of people are basing this off the years the Bruins spent looking for a "PMD" before & after Wideman and between Kaberle & Krug.

The difference is that back then the Bruins D was largely made up of defensive stay at home types. Those teams didn't have a McAvoy or Grzelcyk or Moore (or Vaakanainen, Lauzon & Zboril for that matter). And this team doesn't have a Sean O'Donnell or Aaron Ward. Even Kevan Miller can skate. The only really poor skater on our D is Chara & he obviously brings other things to the table.

Losing Krug would be noticed and hurt at times, but I don't think all the offense would suddenly dry up without him like some people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad