Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XI - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Right. A big “name” 50-ish point player on the clear decline. Was it a fine add? Sure, at the time it was a decent effort to bolster the top 9. No question. But a blockbuster??? Not even close.

The big thing to that deal, to me, was that Sweeney finally got off his ass and closed an acquisition. I gave him props for that. Sadly he seems to have fallen back onto his ass. This time a 50 point-ish add alone, especially a rental, is just not gonna cut it.

Yeah, I don't really disagree. It was more about the name.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Splitting hairs. The point is that Nash was the big fish last year and Sweeney went out, acquired him, AND got us cap relief from moving part of Beleskey.
But yeah, he "does nothing" and "has no balls" as is being repeated here.

Craft that narritive!

I was never in favour of Nash however agree with this post. Sweeney did try and he certainly had the balls to try with Nash. I admit I was excited to see Nash in a bruins uniform but with the assets he gave up I wanted something other Nash.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I was never in favour of Nash however agree with this post. Sweeney did try and he certainly had the balls to try with Nash. I admit I was excited to see Nash in a bruins uniform but with the assets he gave up I wanted something other Nash.

I wouldn't classify Spooner and Beleskey as "assets". Lindgren was a decent prospect but was down the depth chart. He's not doing a whole lot for the Rangers organization thus far. First was the only piece of value in the trade.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Splitting hairs. The point is that Nash was the big fish last year and Sweeney went out, acquired him, AND got us cap relief from moving part of Beleskey.
But yeah, he "does nothing" and "has no balls" as is being repeated here.

Craft that narritive!

I dont want to speak for everyone but I think most Bruins fans were happy with the fact that Sweeney was active at the deadline. I do agree he did a good job sending salary and arbitration players to the Rangers and we often overlook that fact, well said on your part.

Some of us argued then and now that Nash was not a big deal based on his past production and other issues. Rags fleeced Sweeney for a player who had not been a differnce maker for years but paid the price for one in part.

Lets hope we get a better player this year.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I dont want to speak for everyone but I think most Bruins fans were happy with the fact that Sweeney was active at the deadline. I do agree he did a good job sending salary and arbitration players to the Rangers and we often overlook that fact, well said on your part.

Some of us argued then and now that Nash was not a big deal based on his past production and other issues. Rags fleeced Sweeney for a player had not been a differnce maker for years but paid the price for one in part.

Lets hope we get a better player this year.

This is a list of the deadline deals last year:

NHL Trade Deadline Trade Tracker: Every single deal, player and pick from Monday

Based on who was moved, I would say that Nash absolutely was a “big deal”. The only names that were bigger were McD and Miller (in same deal) and Evander Kane.

Sweeney’s gamble didn’t pay off because Cedric Paquette decided to hit Nash in the head. Just bad luck.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX

NHL Trade Deadline Trade Tracker: Every single deal, player and pick from Monday

Based on who was moved, I would say that Nash absolutely was a “big deal”. The only names that were bigger were McD and Miller (in same deal) and Evander Kane.

Sweeney’s gamble didn’t pay off because Cedric Paquette decided to hit Nash in the head. Just bad luck.

Fair enough,

For a player that scored 42, 15, 23, 21, and 17 goals his last five seaons shows that he was no longer an impact player is my main point. It was based mainly on his Bluejacket production which was a mistake for others to project his level of contribution even when healthy.

I dont want to get flagged for being off topic so please no Hayes from NYR. :)

Reactions: Strafer and maxl7

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Reactions: Strafer

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Carlo's big, skates real good for someone big, and moves the puck well for someone who doesn't put up points. He's not really a "shutdown" guy, and you can see that when he's away from Chara or not in a different type of role with Krug. Good player, not a top pair guy. If someone values him that highly I wouldn't hesitate.

Have to take an honest look at what DeBrusk is as well if he can help get you a high end player.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I wouldn't classify Spooner and Beleskey as "assets". Lindgren was a decent prospect but was down the depth chart. He's not doing a whole lot for the Rangers organization thus far. First was the only piece of value in the trade.
Don't forget Spooner's 2 year $8M contract off the books. The Rangers had to sign him to that contract to avoid going to arbitration.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Fair enough,

For a player that scored 42, 15, 23, 21, and 17 goals his last five seaons shows that he was no longer an impact player is my main point. It was based mainly on his Bluejacket production which was a mistake for others to project his level of contribution even when healthy.

I dont want to get flagged for being off topic so please no Hayes from NYR. :)

I don’t think you are wrong that Nash was declining. I also don’t think anyone here (or in the B’s FO) thought Nash was going to be a savior. I think they were just looking for a guy that they could plug into the Top 6 and not be out of place with talented linemates.

Reactions: Baddkarma

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Tatar, Vanek, Kane, Stastny all cost less than Nash and in my humble opinion better options than a declining player Nash.

Winnipeg Jets acquire:
  • F Paul Stastny
St. Louis Blues acquire:
  • F Erik Foley
  • 2018 1st-round pick
  • Conditional 2020 4th-round pick

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Carlo's big, skates real good for someone big, and moves the puck well for someone who doesn't put up points. He's not really a "shutdown" guy, and you can see that when he's away from Chara or not in a different type of role with Krug. Good player, not a top pair guy. If someone values him that highly I wouldn't hesitate.

Have to take an honest look at what DeBrusk is as well if he can help get you a high end player.

I would consider trading anyone on the roster for an upgrade coming back. The problem is that when you talk about dealing a Carlo or a DeBrusk, you are just creating another hole to fill.

I want the B’s to keep their roster guys and add using picks/prospects.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

I agree on Both. Especially Carlo. Nice trade chip. Moving DeBrusk in my opinion is the bigger risk.

Reactions: Strafer and maxl7

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I would consider trading anyone on the roster for an upgrade coming back. The problem is that when you talk about dealing a Carlo or a DeBrusk, you are just creating another hole to fill.

I want the B’s to keep their roster guys and add using picks/prospects.
What if Carlo and DeBrusk + get you Taylor Hall and Blake Coleman?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Tatar, Vanek, Kane, Stastny all cost less than Nash and in my humble opinion better options than a declining player Nash.

Winnipeg Jets acquire:
  • F Paul Stastny
St. Louis Blues acquire:
  • F Erik Foley
  • 2018 1st-round pick
  • Conditional 2020 4th-round pick

Tatar and Vanek I disagree with, and I already mentioned Kane. Stastny was not on the deadline list (probably because he was moved before), but I would put him above Nash.

Reactions: Blowfish

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
He's fine. He is what he is, though. I know people here love their purely defensive defensemen but Carlo's is a very one-dimensional player and if you could trick some sucker team into giving up a legitimate stud forward (especially a young center) based on Carlo's perceived value it would be a win.
As with most trades, it completely depends on the return.

Reactions: bbfan419 and maxl7

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I'd like to think Studnicka may be our best bet for being Krejci's replacement on 2C.
And right now, the general tenor of the scouting community is that even that would be a big ask. I think there's some hope, but you'd really like a guy who is supposed to be top six center/Krejci-replacement to be dominating the OHL as a 19-year-old.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Because the bruins have depth at D and can afford to do it for the equivalent impactful forward coming back the other way.

Question is which D to trade for a forward piece? I still would like to center a deal around Gryz+ as much as I love him. Don't really want two small D for the playoffs.

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'd like to think Studnicka may be our best bet for being Krejci's replacement on 2C.
And if he and Frederic fail and are more third line players then what do you do? Studnicka is a nice prospect, as is Frederic but both could very easily become JFK like failures and never play 50 games in the NHL. What if Studnicka gets you Adam Henrique, Studnicka may have a better upside but you know Henrique can play second line minutes and is a great 3C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad