Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
continued from here:

Proposal: - Bruins Trade Proposals X - Mod in OP

Please stay on subject and try to have some reasoning behind your proposals.

Why team(s) do this, CAP, NMC, NTC, etc....

If the few of you insist on flaming each other take it to PM with each other.

This is NOT to discuss past drafts.

Do not post rumors without reputable link or be prior vetted as an insider.

Going forward there will be warnings and bans.

MoffatMan

Feb 8, 2019
Wild West
Based on Fluto's article and the Bruins scouting the Oilers, I wonder if Sweeney is looking to grab RNH and Puuljarvi in a package.

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If we get Kassian hopefully it’s for one of our many 4th liners, otherwise half the team will be 4th liners lol.

I wouldn’t mind Kassian, but this is the question, where do they put him? On the 4th line in place of Acciari? That would be ok, but Kuraly would have to play C and he’s better on the wing.

Despite the Oil playing him 20 minutes last night, he’s obviously not the Top 6 wing the B’s need, nor is he the 3C they need. To me, this makes a deal for him (to add some grit) “nice”, but not a necessity.

The move last night kind of backfired on EDM. The two games before, playing 13-14 minutes, he had 2g/1a and was a +2. Last night he was 0/0 and -1, although he did have 6 shots and 5 hits.

There seems to be a lot of interest/activity between EDM and BOS scouts, but not sure what we are talking about?

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick
Man there are going to be some disappointed people on here Feb 25th. Sweens doesnt have the sack to pull off a blockbuster. We'll be sifting through the dumpster for scraps.

Would love to be proven wrong. Might not be a horrible thing anyway. Load up July 1st for a run.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Sellers' guide to NHL trade deadline: Which prospects are...
If the Bruins want to deal from their prospect pool this deadline, I don’t see them in a position of strength. It’s hard to pick out a Bruins prospect who has really helped his stock this season and NHL scouts are truly excited about. Urho Vaakanainen is a good prospect with a high hockey IQ but has been injured for a good stretch of the season. Jack Studnicka is a player whom scouts feel could be a bottom-six center. Center Trent Frederic has played well of late, including a brief NHL appearance. He also has bottom-six center potential.

Not sure how much Vaak's value has taken a hit due to his injury, but if Pronman is correct and that's the perception of Studnicka around the scouting community...YIKES.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Man there are going to be some disappointed people on here Feb 25th. Sweens doesnt have the sack to pull off a blockbuster. We'll be sifting through the dumpster for scraps.

Would love to be proven wrong. Might not be a horrible thing anyway. Load up July 1st for a run.

He literally pulled off a blockbuster this time last year

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

I don’t know . I stay out of this thread mainly because I know f*** all about the other teams but Sweeney tried to get Tavares and he tried to get Kovalcuck but it seemed like they chose other teams for whatever reason . He will go after a big fish if he can .

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Shinzawa: Bruins will make a trade. But how much of their...

Paywalled, but the real interesting part is the first part:
“I keep hearing the Bruins are into something big,” said one executive.
He then followed up with a question: Did the Bruins’ bosses promise the veterans — Zdeno Chara, Patrice Bergeron, David Krejci, Tuukka Rask — they would acquire help for a bona fide playoff push this season?

The other interesting piece is that Fluto indicates that the Bruins wouldn't shy away from moving on from Carlo if they could get a similarly-aged productive forward in return. It's not really a deadline move, but I'd love for the Bruins to pull their own Hall-for-Larsson type swindle.

Last edited:

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Depends how you define 'blockbuster' - can mean different things to different folks. Sweeney brought in a big name and gave up some assets to do so. No arguing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad