Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XI - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Shinzawa: Bruins will make a trade. But how much of their...

Paywalled, but the real interesting part is the first part:

The other interesting piece is that Fluto indicates that the Bruins wouldn't shy away from moving on from Carlo if they could get a similarly-aged productive forward in return. It's not really a deadline move, but I'd love for the Bruins to pull their own Hall-for-Larsson type swindle.
The one who gets Carlo might swindle us. The guys a beast.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Depends how you define 'blockbuster' - can mean different things to different folks. Sweeney brought in a big name and gave up some assets to do so. No arguing that.
Right. A big “name” 50-ish point player on the clear decline. Was it a fine add? Sure, at the time it was a decent effort to bolster the top 9. No question. But a blockbuster??? Not even close.

The big thing to that deal, to me, was that Sweeney finally got off his ass and closed an acquisition. I gave him props for that. Sadly he seems to have fallen back onto his ass. This time a 50 point-ish add alone, especially a rental, is just not gonna cut it.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
The one who gets Carlo might swindle us. The guys a beast.

He's fine. He is what he is, though. I know people here love their purely defensive defensemen but Carlo's is a very one-dimensional player and if you could trick some sucker team into giving up a legitimate stud forward (especially a young center) based on Carlo's perceived value it would be a win.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
They moved a roster player who was scoring at a decent pace, a solid prospect, and a 1st for him. That’s a pretty big trade. Any time a 1st is involved it’s a big trade
I think most people would consider a "blockbuster" to be a trade that involves star players. A past-his-prime Rick Nash doesn't count IMO. "big trade" is not what it was originally called. If we're talking blockbusters then that trade wasn't one. And I'm not even commenting on the quality of the trade. I was ok with it, I just think it was a bit of a consolation prize as there were arguably better players available.

So far I'm inclined to agree with the suspicion that Sweeney doesn't have the whatever you want to call it (sack, killer instinct, mojo) to land a real impact player in a trade. Not talking about a mid 30's rental, I'm talking about a prime star player like a Stone or Panarin. That's what people are talking about here when they say 'blockbuster' and so far I have my doubts that Sweeney can make it happen.

Reactions: Scruffy and Strafer

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
They moved a roster player who was scoring at a decent pace, a solid prospect, and a 1st for him. That’s a pretty big trade. Any time a 1st is involved it’s a big trade
He was an aging rental averaging between 40 and 50 points. A blockbuster changes the core of the franchise, it was a big trade but certainly no blockbuster. We need to bring in a high end forward, we are a good team with elite skill at top and deep in D and G, another high end forward would take us to another level if they are a wing or center. We need a high end forward to compete with the top teams IMO, but we are close.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
If we get Kassian hopefully it’s for one of our many 4th liners, otherwise half the team will be 4th liners lol.

I have a feeling Kassian will be with the bruins in part of the moves that will be made. He's fast/heavy on the puck. Perfect for heavier Tampa team and to continue the ongoing assault on little leaves.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Shinzawa: Bruins will make a trade. But how much of their...

Paywalled, but the real interesting part is the first part:

The other interesting piece is that Fluto indicates that the Bruins wouldn't shy away from moving on from Carlo if they could get a similarly-aged productive forward in return. It's not really a deadline move, but I'd love for the Bruins to pull their own Hall-for-Larsson type swindle.
I wouldn't be opposed to it depending on the player, but I really hope it doesn't mean the Bruins are scouting the Oilers for Petrovic or Benning as a replacement.

Reactions: bbfan419 and maxl7

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Why give up a 6 foot 5 22 yrs old dman who plays 20 plus important min a night against top players like Mathews and shutting them down. Skates like the wind and now getting a mean streak to boot. No thanks.

Because the bruins have depth at D and can afford to do it for the equivalent impactful forward coming back the other way.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I wouldn't be opposed to it depending on the player, but I really hope it doesn't mean the Bruins are scouting the Oilers for Petrovic or Benning as a replacement.

I'd be surprised if they traded Carlo now. Seems more like a draft/offseason type move. But I agree, I hope they're not looking at either of those two bums.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
I would be shocked if bruins trade for stone or Panarin….I don't see it happen

Reactions: TCB

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Right. A big “name” 50-ish point player on the clear decline. Was it a fine add? Sure, at the time it was a decent effort to bolster the top 9. No question. But a blockbuster??? Not even close.

The big thing to that deal, to me, was that Sweeney finally got off his ass and closed an acquisition. I gave him props for that. Sadly he seems to have fallen back onto his ass. This time a 50 point-ish add alone, especially a rental, is just not gonna cut it.

Splitting hairs. The point is that Nash was the big fish last year and Sweeney went out, acquired him, AND got us cap relief from moving part of Beleskey.
But yeah, he "does nothing" and "has no balls" as is being repeated here.

Craft that narritive!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
A blockbuster failure...sorry had to be said.

A blockbuster is a Hall / Larson trade...impact players longer term. As many have said Nash was a big name. That's about it.

Bruins gave up one valuable piece in the deal. Hard to call it a failure. I can and can't believe you're still on about the Nash deal. Is Ryan Spooner still an NHLer in your mind as well? Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad