Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals - VII - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
second part is nightmare inducing and has no longer made me want to trade jfk.. kuraly and a 3rd, hell throw in cehlarik since the bruins aren't going to use him

I'd do Kuraly and a 3rd for Coyle. No point in giving up a center that is just starting to find his game in a position of real need for the Bruins to get a 3rd line wing who might be a 2nd line guy, might be Matt Beleskey (I can't even bring myself to the other comparison, the thought is so sickening :laugh:)

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I don't mind Coyle, I don't mind the Bruins looking at him for the right price.

But its always is so weird to me how often in hockey, players seemed linked to teams because of where they grew up and how rarely those moves seem to happen. Is it just an easy hook for writers, or teams scouting youth players from their area and just keeping tabs 5-10 years later?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Do they not use him at C at all in Minny? I ask because he plays both wing and center, yet they're looking for center help, so it doesn't make sense to me...

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
If they're looking for help at Center...I can see another team being his destination if he is shipped out. We're also in the market for help at center and our wealth is at D (but so is theirs).

Reactions: JCRO

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Id like to see what Senyshyn can bring, before giving up any assets for Coyle.
Why?
If Senyshyn makes it, he is at least a year away and the Bruins need to fill some holes now. It's far better to be in a position to trade assets than to acquire them. If Senyshyn finally becomes a player, we can trade someone else down the line or trade Senyshyn.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Senny fills the "Coyle need" (if there even is one) as early as later this season (if you're not using him as a C). I'll pass unless we can get him for a song and dance

Id really like to see what Senyshyn can brings to the table. Players with skill obviously tend to play so much better with better players and it seems as if Senyshyn has all the skills to be successful in today's NHL. So give him the call-up for a couple of games and if all go's well, Great! If not send him back down and have him work on those shortcomings he displayed, in the long run I think he becomes a better player either way.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Why?
If Senyshyn makes it, he is at least a year away and the Bruins need to fill some holes now. It's far better to be in a position to trade assets than to acquire them. If Senyshyn finally becomes a player, we can trade someone else down the line or trade Senyshyn.

He's the hottest player down in providence, he has NHL speed. He's showing a nose for the net he's a right-handed shot, all things the Bruins desire and he's right under their nose. So why would you make a move trading away assets before your sure, you cant fix the problem internally.

Plus I rather trade assets for a bigger fish:naughty:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Sat with a bunch of Coyle's family in the promenade last season when the Wild were in town. Unfortunately Coyle was hurt. Good people, and I'm sure it'd be cool to have the local kid back.

Always liked Coyle, but he's a secondary/tertiary type of piece for this team, and not the type of move they need to be making right now.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I don't see the appeal to Coyle. Then again for some reason people get giddy with the idea of a "hometown" kid playing for us.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Coyle could be an OK 3C, but he's definitely not the scorer we need for the 2nd line. I wouldn't give up too much for him, but worth asking about for sure. Not a bad contract at 3.2 mil for this year and next.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Coyle is struggling right now, but his "struggling" 13 points in 29 games would put him just behind Jake DeBrusk for points on the Bruins. I'll take that for a cap hit of $3.2 million. Put him on Krejci's wing and see what a change of scenery does. If there's no chemistry, then he's your 3rd center.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
TSN is reporting that Coyle may be available. The Bruins are listed as a possible interested team. According to the article the Wild are looking for a Center. https://www.tsn.ca/report-wild-shopping-f-coyle-1.1224447

Plays RW and Centre. Could be a good fit with Krejci and DeBrusk. Who do we move for him? JFK? They say Minnesota is looking for help down the middle.
the Wild essentially looking for what many here think the B`s are, don`t see Coyle as a target. I dunno about Coyle, I`ve had stretches that I have liked what I have seen in limited viewings then other`s where he`s unnoticeable but again....limited viewings from me

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If we're trading with MIN though, I think we wait until the deadline and see if we can get Staal as a rental for the playoffs.
Honest question, why do you/other posters think trading for rentals is a good idea as this team is currently constructed?

This team should make a long term move if they make a trade or none at all. These rentals have been hurting more than helping almost every single season.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Coyle could be an OK 3C, but he's definitely not the scorer we need for the 2nd line. I wouldn't give up too much for him, but worth asking about for sure. Not a bad contract at 3.2 mil for this year and next.

He is ok if very cheap, he is what he is, which is a decent 8th or 9th best forward on a playoff team. If you are giving up more than that or paying him more than that there isnt really the value there. For something Like Cehlerik, and a blocked defenseman like Emil Johnson, then maybe, or maybe a 3rd round pick type, but I am not giving up a much to take that contract

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He's a good player, but as I've said before, people here are going to look at his size and get frustrated by the fact that he's not an overtly physical player nor a productive one for his skills. I still think he can help us.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
"Hmmm " big, wide and tall but not very physical"
"Doesn't score that much"
Who does this remind me of?
Jimmy Hayes, yeah, that's it!
Just what we need...:sarcasm::rolleyes:

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Honest question, why do you/other posters think trading for rentals is a good idea as this team is currently constructed?

This team should make a long term move if they make a trade or none at all. These rentals have been hurting more than helping almost every single season.
Good question. Speaking for myself, I don't think we're as far away from being a contender as many others do. We man handled God's pick to win the Cup the other night without two of our most important pieces. We're two forwards away from being able to hang with Tampa in my mind.

We've also seen a rental acquisition work first hand (Kaberle in 2011, though it can be argued he didn't do much in that run), so I believe in the institution of rentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad