Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals - VII - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Schenn would be awesome.

Is there a chance Ottawa would deal with us? Mark Stone might be the best winger available to play next to Krejci.
Love Stone, but I wouldn’t want to give him what he’ll want on his next contract. He’s UFA this summer and will command something north of 9 mil I’d imagine.

I’d be very interested in Rakell, but doubt the Ducks want to lose him. RH shot, sniper, can play C if needed and as mentioned on a fabulous contract.

Reactions: bbfan419

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Nurse + Puljujarvi/Yamamoto
for
Grelczyk + DeBrusk

Doesn't make sense for the Bruins. Grzelcyk is better than Nurse and DeBrusk is a hell of a lot better than Pulju/Yamamoto.

Love Stone, but I wouldn’t want to give him what he’ll want on his next contract. He’s UFA this summer and will command something north of 9 mil I’d imagine.

He'd be worth 9 million. I don't think Bruins have the cap space, but I'd pay 8-9 million a year for Mark Stone.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA

I’d be very interested in Rakell, but doubt the Ducks want to lose him. RH shot, sniper, can play C if needed and as mentioned on a fabulous contract.

I like Rakell as well but why would Anaheim deal him?

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
I like Rakell as well but why would Anaheim deal him?
No idea. He was mentioned above, so I just chimed in. Can’t really see how or why he’d be available although he is having a bit of a rough year. Don’t see it happening though.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
There are other teams who are playing very badly and are much better candidates for deals...CHI, STL, LA (who lost again last night).

Maybe, but Seeeney wasn't recently seen at one of their games. He also has past ties with both Treliving and PC.

The main thing here is the oil need a puck moving defenseman and the Bruins have a few. I can most diffidently see a smaller deal between the Bruins and Oil being discussed.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
He'd be worth 9 million. I don't think Bruins have the cap space, but I'd pay 8-9 million a year for Mark Stone.
I’m not arguing his worth. He’s probably wort 9 or maybe even more. It’s giving up major assets for a player (intra-division tax as well) that we most likely can’t keep that ends that scenario. Like I said, love the player and I think he’d kill it here next to Bergy/Krech but can’t see a deal or a contract that can fit him on Boston’s roster.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
About 3 pages back, Dom reported that Sweeney was in EDM to scout a WHL game and just attended the NHL game because he was in town...

Why are we are still talking about RNH? As Bill and others have pointed out, even though the Oilers need a PMD, it makes no sense for them to deal RNH.

I'm sure Sweeney itinerary for the weekend had more on it than just watching the Oil-Kings game, while he was in Alberta. Like maybe watching the oil/flames game and stopping in and having a chat or two with PC and Treliving.

Reactions: Blowfish

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, Nugent-Hopkins isn't available. He might be if we had more than just him, McDavid, and Draisaitl on forward. Defense, especially LD, isn't nearly as big a need as forward. I'd be content to downgrade on D but upgrade on F. Something like:

for
Grelczyk + DeBrusk

That's going to be a hard no on DeBrusk. I might consider it with one of the other wingers.

But that would heavily depend on Boston's pro scouting Does Nurse have another level? Or is he really just a LH Kevan Miller? Same with Puljujarvi. Is there any reason to believe the potential is there to be more than he has been Or is he just another bust. Yamamoto I have no interest in

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Bruin fans love our kids... good to see

Some have valuation for trades waaaaaaaaay off
But thats ok. None of us make real trades anyhow

I fear if this is what you think is real trade value
You will be cruxifying sweeney soon for getting
Bent over....

But i am glad to see the love shown to our hometeam boys

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'm sure Sweeney itinerary for the weekend had more on it than just watching the Oil-Kings game, while he was in Alberta. Like maybe watching the oil/flames game and stopping in and having a chat or two with PC and Treliving.

Yes, because I’m sure that PC is real chummy with the AGM that the B’s fired him for. They probably both put on their Harvard Crimson smoking jackets and discussed mega deals over pipes and cognac.

Reactions: Sheppy

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Bruin fans love our kids... good to see

Some have valuation for trades waaaaaaaaay off
But thats ok. None of us make real trades anyhow

I fear if this is what you think is real trade value
You will be cruxifying sweeney soon for getting
Bent over....

But i am glad to see the love shown to our hometeam boys

I think the worry isn’t that they will trade the kids, but who they might trade them for. Sweendog hasn’t done well on the trade market thus far. Totally fine with trading one of the blue chips (Donato, Bjork) but something of higher value needs to be coming back.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Yes, because I’m sure that PC is real chummy with the AGM that the B’s fired him for. They probably both put on their Harvard Crimson smoking jackets and discussed mega deals over pipes and cognac.

Chia strikes me as a new balance and bad jokes around a grill type guy

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yeah, Nugent-Hopkins isn't available. He might be if we had more than just him, McDavid, and Draisaitl on forward. Defense, especially LD, isn't nearly as big a need as forward. I'd be content to downgrade on D but upgrade on F. Something like:

for
Grelczyk + DeBrusk

Boston needs better secondary scoring.

If anything that quarantees that Boston is a 1 line team.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Doesn't make sense for the Bruins. Grzelcyk is better than Nurse and DeBrusk is a hell of a lot better than Pulju/Yamamoto.

Have you ever seen Darnell nurse play? I love Gryz but Darnell nurse is infinitely better than gryz and it’s not even close. Hell at this point in chara and mcavoys career, nurse might be better than than right now.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The Bruins are actually in a similar position to the Oilers. Unless it's a D for D trade, I don't think we're great trading partners.

And a D for D probably doesn't solve any bigger issues, certainly not for the Bruins who have a very solid defense corps

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Have you ever seen Darnell nurse play? I love Gryz but Darnell nurse is infinitely better than gryz and it’s not even close. Hell at this point in chara and mcavoys career, nurse might be better than than right now.

Infinitely? :laugh: He does some things better for sure, and some things worse. Different player altogether. I will give you this, though, Grizz won't bring Nurse back in a one for one, and why would Edmonton even do that?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

If I'm Donnie I would give up a HAUL for Mark Stone. The guy is a rhRW and in this day of the kinder gentler "high IQ" chatter, he is a throwback power forward who crushes it! For him I would give them Carlo or Vaak, and maybe even think about giving them our 2019 first round pick AND a prospect. Even if Stone commands $10 million a year, someone is going to break the self imposed $7.25 million ceiling from the Bruins, it's just a matter of time. It may as well be a guy who's going to earn it every shift of every game!

Reactions: Dr Hook

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Infinitely? :laugh: He does some things better for sure, and some things worse. Different player altogether. I will give you this, though, Grizz won't bring Nurse back in a one for one, and why would Edmonton even do that?

Edmonton would never do that. I was just blown away that someone possibly thought gryz was better than nurse. Don’t get me wrong gryz is a solid player but he’s not close to Darnell nurse.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If I'm Donnie I would give up a HAUL for Mark Stone. The guy is a rhRW and in this day of the kinder gentler "high IQ" chatter, he is a throwback power forward who crushes it! For him I would give them Carlo or Vaak, and maybe even think about giving them our 2019 first round pick AND a prospect. Even if Stone commands $10 million a year, someone is going to break the self imposed $7.25 million ceiling from the Bruins, it's just a matter of time. It may as well be a guy who's going to earn it every shift of every game!

I'd be on board with that. Love Mark Stone.

Reactions: Strafer

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Mark Stone would fit like a glove on this team, I think.
Stone is the number one guy I would go after in free agency. Awesome two way player. Perfect age. Getting him right in the height of his career. Would look great with Krejci and Debrusk. Or Bergy and Marchy with Pasta with Krejci. I doubt Ottawa trades him here with their insistence on trading guys out west but my top target July 1 is Mark Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad