Proposal: Bruins trade proposals, rumors, transaction suggestions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
People are ready to hang Chiarelli for trading away a 3-4 Dman, and they want to trade a Vezina goaltender? :shakehead

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
it's a video game trade; but I'd do something around Lucic and Hall. We'd definitely have to add though, but if they are serious about moving towards a speed game, that would be a big step.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Wow. Agree to disagree if you think the ceiling on Yakupov is Smith and you see Hamiton being as good as Doughty.

For every person that says Yakupov has failed in the system he is in there is one erson who argues that the only reason Hamilton is having success is that he is paired with Chara. And success hasn't been anywhere near to the degree of a Doughty or glimpses of it.

I for one am really excited about Hamilton and think he is the only elite prospect Boston has. I also don't see him ever being as good as Doughty or Karlson. Nothing he has done ever has shown that but he is still young...and so is Yakupov.

I just find that people are quick to write off other teams elite prospects and anoint ours the next Ray or Zdeno when ours have proven just as much as theirs.

Either way, no one has come up with a solution to the right wing or injected this team with any form of speed or creativity to spark this offense. Montreal and Tampa Bay are considered to be on par / ahead of the Boston Bruins today in every category (up front, speed, on the back end, in goal) and the Bruins have responded by getting older and slower.

Try your best one for one trade or two for two to fix the RW hole.

I think Yak has Kessel like potential. Top 3 RW in the game (but more willing to take contact). Hamilton probably has AP type potential, but who knows? I mean when Shea Weber and Duncan Keith were 20 they spent most of and all the year in the A respectively...and Dougie played top pairing on an elite team. Hamilton has certainly shown more than Yak so far...with full understanding that Yak is in a **** position and Hamilton is in a great one...although, seems like the other young guns are able to produce offensively in EDM...

But let's just say that Yak maxes out as a Kessel type and Hamilton becomes an AP clone. Does STL ever trade AP for Kessel? I doubt it. A #1D is worth so much more, add in the fact that so far Hamilton has proven more than Yak while playing the later to develop position makes this an easy pass for me.

I'd much rather try to find a guy like Jiri Hudler to fill that RW hole. More of a 2nd line RW that wouldn't cost much.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Wow. Agree to disagree if you think the ceiling on Yakupov is Smith and you see Hamiton being as good as Doughty.

For every person that says Yakupov has failed in the system he is in there is one erson who argues that the only reason Hamilton is having success is that he is paired with Chara. And success hasn't been anywhere near to the degree of a Doughty or glimpses of it.

I for one am really excited about Hamilton and think he is the only elite prospect Boston has. I also don't see him ever being as good as Doughty or Karlson. Nothing he has done ever has shown that but he is still young...and so is Yakupov.

I just find that people are quick to write off other teams elite prospects and anoint ours the next Ray or Zdeno when ours have proven just as much as theirs.

Either way, no one has come up with a solution to the right wing or injected this team with any form of speed or creativity to spark this offense. Montreal and Tampa Bay are considered to be on par / ahead of the Boston Bruins today in every category (up front, speed, on the back end, in goal) and the Bruins have responded by getting older and slower.

Try your best one for one trade or two for two to fix the RW hole.

You're right, Smith has way more character than Yakupov:sarcasm:
And BTW Dougie is the only young D-man with a Doughty/Karlson potential.

He's not a Chara type, Dougie could be our modern day Ray Bourque though. And that is one hell of a number1!

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I think Yak has Kessel like potential. Top 3 RW in the game (but more willing to take contact). Hamilton probably has AP type potential, but who knows? I mean when Shea Weber and Duncan Keith were 20 they spent most of and all the year in the A respectively...and Dougie played top pairing on an elite team. Hamilton has certainly shown more than Yak so far...with full understanding that Yak is in a **** position and Hamilton is in a great one...although, seems like the other young guns are able to produce offensively in EDM...

But let's just say that Yak maxes out as a Kessel type and Hamilton becomes an AP clone. Does STL ever trade AP for Kessel? I doubt it. A #1D is worth so much more, add in the fact that so far Hamilton has proven more than Yak while playing the later to develop position makes this an easy pass for me.

I'd much rather try to find a guy like Jiri Hudler to fill that RW hole. More of a 2nd line RW that wouldn't cost much.

Hudler would be a solid pick up. Red Wings would hate that guy in a Bruins jersey:nod:

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
To Buffalo:

Spooner
Kelly
NYI 2015 2nd

To Boston:
Stewart
BUF 2015 5th

Give the Sabres another good young forward to work into their rebuild, a vet leader, and another high pick in a deep draft. Bruins get the right-shot RW they need to play with 17 and 46. We've seen empirical evidence that those two play their best with a physical, big RH shot on the RW. Stewart's inconsistent, I know that, but he's still a better option than anything we currently have.

The issues here are that that might not be enough to get Stewart, and the Sabres certainly might be on the list of teams that Kelly can veto. I like Kelly, I've said it many times, but we do need to move on from that contract. With Stewart you're looking at:

17-46-Stewart
63-37-18
21/12-34-21/12
20-11-XXXX
YYYY

XXXX+YYYY = 2 of Fraser, Cunningham, Griffith, Robins

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kelly now up to 5 points in 6 1/2 games. His line has been easily the best we have had all year. Lets make the team better by including him as a cap dump in a deal for a guy who doesn't compete hard

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Agreed. Part of the gamble in a trade is figuring out what works and what a player would be like out of that toxic atmosphere.

If Subban is all it it would take I'd say it would have already been done. Even with prospects and and picks.

The bolded suggests that they have talked about it and negotiations for more are ongoing.

I doubt it.

In other news, some of these suggestions are mind boggling.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Mind numbing is more like it...

I don't think I can feel my nose :laugh:

I'm sitting at a game between periods and asked half a dozen hockey people more knowledgeable than me:

Would you trade Hamilton straight up for Yakupov. Unanimous no and it's not even close. Now, in all fairness, they all would trade Yakupov straight up for Hamilton without question.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm sitting at a game between periods and asked half a dozen hockey people more knowledgeable than me:

Would you trade Hamilton straight up for Yakupov. Unanimous no and it's not even close. Now, in all fairness, they all would trade Yakupov straight up for Hamilton without question.

Can you give me reports on Magyar and MacInnis? :)

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

I don't understand this.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Can you give me reports on Magyar and MacInnis? :)

Haven't seen Kitchener yet this year but when I do, you got it

I don't understand this.

1) If they were running the Bruins and the Oilers offered up Yakupov straight up for Hamilton its a definite no - way

2) If they were running the Oilers and the Bruins offered Hamilton straight up for Yakupov its a definite hell yes.

3) In other words Hamilton >>>>>Yakupov

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
everyone thought i was insane when i said hornqvist was on par or close to james neal offensively. go ask the pens board what they think now. they are in love with the guy. pens gm needed to shed some salary, moved neal, got a better overall player in hornqvist. heck of a deal there. but at least we have 3 2nd round picks now. go chia!

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
everyone thought i was insane when i said hornqvist was on par or close to james neal offensively. go ask the pens board what they think now. they are in love with the guy. pens gm needed to shed some salary, moved neal, got a better overall player in hornqvist. heck of a deal there. but at least we have 3 2nd round picks now. go chia!

That doesn't necessarily mean you're still not insane.:)

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
You're right, Smith has way more character than Yakupov:sarcasm:
And BTW Dougie is the only young D-man with a Doughty/Karlson potential.

He's not a Chara type, Dougie could be our modern day Ray Bourque though. And that is one hell of a number1!

Ray Bourque, the all-time leading scorer of the Boston Bruins…1500+ points. You think that could be Hamilton? Are you joking? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad