Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals IX - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
[QUOTE="BruinsFanSince94, post: 156336673, member: 290907"]He did add Paul Carey to Providence, which was a solid addition. If Dealer Donnie doesn't make any crazy moves, Providence will be stacked come playoff time. Cehlarik will be back down, Frederic (hopefully sent down soon, because he's not NHL ready).[/QUOTE]

Gemel Smith is another solid addition playing well for Providence.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
so Saad and Schenn off the table.

Good thing Sweeney is taking his time.
If he’s fired

I’d bring Gorton in. The Nash haul was amazing. Close with Jacobs

Have to think unless they get to Conference Finals Sweeney on thin ice

My 105 point prediction and Cup next year all that interest me so I can come here and gloat

Reactions: Strafer

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
As the resident panther fan here, grew up in Sunrise and engaged to probably the panthers biggest fan I can say that Hubby would be a frustrating player to watch here but his board work is amazing and he has an almost elite shot, I've seen cats fans questions is effort and drive as well as defensive drawbacks (BB scratched him one game this year due to missed coverage iirc) He would do great with Krejci and Pasta though if he was insulated by a good leadership group.

THanks for this. Was this a cut and paste writeup of Nathan Horton or Huberdeau? :sarcasm:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Why do folks keep suggesting 1st line centers for the 3rd line?

You really think a 1st line guy is going to be happy getting his ice time cut and being saddled with Nordstrom and Backes types when he used to play with elite talent?

I get that we need a really good 3rd line center to compete with the big dogs but I still think it needs to be a guy who knows and accepts his role.

BINGO !!!!! why are we so greedy and naive to think top line guys are going come here to do us a solid by playing down 2 lines so we can beat Tampa or Toronto. You guys really think they are going to give up cash incentives and bonus structures involving pts when they are slogging a dump and chase, just stay even on shifts and watch our top line gobble up all the PP and major minutes.

Exactly the reason a guy like Coyle or maybe Staal is who you target for the 3rd line center spot. Bring in Schenn who is playing top line minutes and tell him, "glad you are here now enjoy your 9 minutes a game with Nordy and Backes, don't worry pts will come".

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
This would require Sweeney to make not one, but two, hockey trades. Yeah, that's not happening.
Well then we are out of improving the team then. They are in the hunt for a second line winger and a 3rd line center, that equals 2. I know Sweeney does not make a lot of deals but he has no choice, if he does not then at least make one for a 3rd line center. That will not be enough in my view and not be worthwhile an add to move us in contention.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Make a offer they can’t refuse for Vince Trocheck 31/2 years left at4.75 cap hit center/right wing. While there at it add Mike Hoffman

Reactions: bbfan419

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Well then we are out of improving the team then. They are in the hunt for a second line winger and a 3rd line center, that equals 2. I know Sweeney does not make a lot of deals but he has no choice, if he does not then at least make one for a 3rd line center. That will not be enough in my view and not be worthwhile an add to move us in contention.

The bright side is Sweeney has very little time left to hide behind(14 days).He will hear TDGarden walls rumble with backlash and hatred for him if he does nothing.Tick Tock.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
The bright side is Sweeney has very little time left to hide behind(14 days).He will hear TDGarden walls rumble with backlash and hatred for him if he does nothing.Tick Tock.
Yeah, he's eventually going to have to come out from his secret hiding place and explain why he's done nothing to improve this team.

I look for him to get scared in the final minutes of deadline day and make a foolish trade for a rental. There's no way ownerships going to let him continue after we go down in the first round. He's in his last few weeks/months, imo.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Huberdeau would be a great pickup. Has some chippiness but not every game. Kind of like how Skinner would have some games against us where he was Marchand lite.

His skill level when he is on, probably closely compares to Pastrnak. I would definitely move JDB+ for Hooby dooby doo.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yeah, he's eventually going to have to come out from his secret hiding place and explain why he's done nothing to improve this team.

I look for him to get scared in the final minutes of deadline day and make a foolish trade for a rental. There's no way ownerships going to let him continue after we go down in the first round. He's in his last few weeks/months, imo.

I am hoping he gets the pieces and Bruins roll but have my doubts with him.I am nervous :brrr:

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Huberdeau would be a great pickup. Has some chippiness but not every game. Kind of like how Skinner would have some games against us where he was Marchand lite.

His skill level when he is on, probably closely compares to Pastrnak. I would definitely move JDB+ for Hooby dooby doo.
Hooby Dooby Doo, like that....and the player, too.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
JFK & Zboril for Silfverberg

&

Senyshyn and a 2nd for Coyle

That's where I think we end up. Not sure adding Silf and Coyle really is enough to set us up for success against Tampa but oh well...

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Huberdeau for JDB a 2nd round pick and whatever prospect. Get in before the trading bids on him start. Just do not give up Vaak or Studnicka. I want Huberdeau before the Habs grab him as he is a French speaking player, they would love that. He takes JDB spot with Krech. Then get a 3rd line center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad