Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Continued from here:

Proposal: - Bruins Trade proposals VIII - MOD in OP

Please stay on subject and try to have some reasoning behind your proposals.

Why team(s) do this, CAP, NMC, NTC, etc....

If the few of you insist on flaming each other take it to PM with each other.

This is NOT to discuss past drafts.

Do not post rumors without reputable link or be prior vetted as an insider.

Going forward there will be warnings and bans.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Vaak is the only prospect that is completely off limits for me. Chara might have a year left. Gryz and Krug are not #1 Ds. I think Vaak will be a top left shot D for years to come. Nothing like it in the system anywhere. Studnicka I wouldn’t deal either but at least Bergy and Krejci are still under contract for a bit and Frederic would still be in the system. I want Stone more than any guy out there. And I believe he would and will sign long term here. I really believe they can get him without dealing Vaak and Studnicka. I don’t see Winnipeg offering a ton. They have to resign a lot of guys. Be a pure rental. Nashville might be another story if they offer Tolvanen and/or Fabbro.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
What about pulling Mike Hoffman out of FLA?

If all those reports were true he’s a total d-bag. . . but he will get plenty of goals (has more than Stone)is signed through next year, didn’t cost the Panthers much of anything to acquire, and might not be in their long term plans.

FLA could use some defense and Boston’s flush there.

He would be a heck of a lot cheaper than Stone in trade and in contract.

Vatrano deal worked out for both clubs so maybe there’s less hesitation about dealing between the organizations...

Last edited:

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
I just hope that if the Bruins do add a player or two, they are on the younger side and will be here next year and beyond.

I’m with Wally in thinking that the Bruins don’t have it this year, so going all in on a rental doesn’t make sense. If the Bruins win 2 rounds this year I’d consider it a success.

I say this year they fill one of the holes with a legit player that will help this year and beyond (namely a 3rd line centre). Hopefully next year some of the kids progress or they add another stud at the deadline to make a true Cup run.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Has sweeney done anything yet?

.........just checking.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
When you live in Canada beating Montreal and now Toronto is like the Red Sox beating the Yankees. It’s not the cup but man it’s sweet and has lots os meaning

Reactions: Bergyesque

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
Stone would be a legitimate dream come true, so that's obviously not going to happen. It's weird, seems like there's conflicting information as to whether it's a buyers market or a sellers market.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Stone would be a legitimate dream come true, so that's obviously not going to happen. It's weird, seems like there's conflicting information as to whether it's a buyers market or a sellers market.

i would say it's certainly a buyer's market based on inventory available. but it's the first time
in a long time that a few legitimate difference makers can be had. so while the secondary offensive
guys available may see their teams get squeezed a little, the market for panarin and stone and
even duchene will be strong regardless. hayes gets a 1st+ too. gotta think nashville and winnipeg
will pay the price, so that leaves 2 of the 4.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Let’s think about all this for a moment. If we all know that Don has to do something don’t you think the other gms know this? Do you honestly think he doesn’t want to better this team? He has to be patient or we could have another Seguin fiasco on our hands. Do we want that? We have our best players signed to great deals we have to keep this going. Donnie will make a big deal. He will over pay if he has to (see Nash deal) But he won’t kill this team for this year,only to face a Tampa team that would be Real tough to beat even if we make trades. I have faith in him and we have no clue what is really going on behind the scenes.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Vaak is the only prospect that is completely off limits for me. Chara might have a year left. Gryz and Krug are not #1 Ds. I think Vaak will be a top left shot D for years to come. Nothing like it in the system anywhere. Studnicka I wouldn’t deal either but at least Bergy and Krejci are still under contract for a bit and Frederic would still be in the system. I want Stone more than any guy out there. And I believe he would and will sign long term here. I really believe they can get him without dealing Vaak and Studnicka. I don’t see Winnipeg offering a ton. They have to resign a lot of guys. Be a pure rental. Nashville might be another story if they offer Tolvanen and/or Fabbro.

I would deal Studnicka for Stone because even if Stone is a winger hes' a Bergeron type winger, can carry a line and become the 2nd lines driver.

Stone is the biggest game changer Boston could get from the market right now.

Let’s think about all this for a moment. If we all know that Don has to do something don’t you think the other gms know this? Do you honestly think he doesn’t want to better this team? He has to be patient or we could have another Seguin fiasco on our hands. Do we want that? We have our best players signed to great deals we have to keep this going. Donnie will make a big deal. He will over pay if he has to (see Nash deal) But he won’t kill this team for this year,only to face a Tampa team that would be Real tough to beat even if we make trades. I have faith in him and we have no clue what is really going on behind the scenes.

He's been quiet for years.

If you think Tampa is good this year you can bet they will be good again next year.
Stone would be a massive add for a series against Tampa, roll Bergeron& Stone on different lines dammm.

Last edited:

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012

I wanna hope and believe in this. I really do. I'm just really worried that his primary plan for this year was to just throw the youth and AHL kids at any holes he perceived in the roster- assuming that because it somehow worked out fairly well last year, it'll work again this year. Developing young players is not as clear cut as that, and it's not working.

I'd like to believe he's gonna make a trade, but again, it's gonna hurt. These days, trades usually do. We might have to say good bye to Gryz, though i'd strongly prefer to keep him. Strongly.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
What about pulling Mike Hoffman out of FLA?

If all those reports were true he’s a total d-bag. . . but he will get plenty of goals (has more than Stone)is signed through next year, didn’t cost the Panthers much of anything to acquire, and might not be in their long term plans.

FLA could use some defense and Boston’s flush there.

He would be a heck of a lot cheaper than Stone in trade and in contract.

Vatrano deal worked out for both clubs so maybe there’s less hesitation about dealing between the organizations...
I'd do it. Last time we traded a D to FLA for a scoring winger it worked out pretty well.

Reactions: Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd do it. Last time we traded a D to FLA for a scoring winger it worked out pretty well.
question is, why would the Panthers move him? Haven`t heard word one about him or even more importantly, his girlfriend causing any issues with the Panthers, he`s doing on the ice what he did in Ottawa, put pts up, not sure the Panthers have any need to move him

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Seguin fiasco? Who would be Seguin in this instance????

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
question is, why would the Panthers move him? Haven`t heard word one about him or even more importantly, his girlfriend causing any issues with the Panthers, he`s doing on the ice what he did in Ottawa, put pts up, not sure the Panthers have any need to move him
The Panthers are supposedly looking to make room to add Panarin & Bobrovsky so maybe they'd just want to clear space? Place they are not a good team so recouping some futures might be wise.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Ya unless they plan on trading Pastrnak for Polak and 2 2nd rounders I think we’re safe here.

Seguin 2.0 hasn’t exactly materialized in Boston just yet.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
His contract is up at the end of next year.

They’re out of it this year and won’t be contending next.

He’s worth more with term now than he would be as a rental next year.

He’ll be on the wrong side of 30 by the time their rebuild is rebuilt.

Maybe they love him though and see him as part of the long term solution and will extend his deal. . . but if not it’s certainly worth making a call on to see what it’d cost.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Bob Mckenzie is serious about Stone being available I go in with guns blazing figuring we could get him to sign long term here

Pastrnak/Stone RW
Marchand/DeBrusk LW

Elite

Plan B

Package Grzelcyk for Saad legit .67 PPG player who’s a solid top 9 and excellent complimentary player

I grab UFA Derek Brassard cheap from Florida to play 3rd Line

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA

Yeah, agree. We don't have a young, budding superstar with maturity issues on this team (that I can see) that we're looking to give away for next to nothing. Importantly, I don't see Peter Chiarelli hanging around anywhere.

The original point isn't lost however. Show desperation and other GMs will bend you over as we approach the deadline. Does not, however, excuse the glaring holes that existed on this team going back to the summer that could have been addressed then...

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Don Sweeney is one of the worst GMs in the league. I have mixed feelings about him making a significant deal. The team desperately needs one, they are not a couple of players away from contending, but they have no real impact prospects (see 2015 draft for more info on this) waiting either so now may be their best chance at a cup for the foreseeable future.

Also working against trading now is Sweeney, a terrible evaluator of pro talent who most likely will get taken to the cleaners by whomever he deals with.

The needs have been the same since July, a number 3 center and 2nd line RW. Sweeney's defenders kept saying dont block the kids, let them play, they all failed so far. Then it was he will fill the needs during the season, he hasn't. Now we are less than three weeks from the deadline and more excuses are coming in, dont deal too many prospects. Can't deal first round picks. Players who make this team better today and going forward are available, supposedly,.

If Stone is there you deal for him and if he costs you 8x10 you do it. He most likely gets 7x11 on the open market. A good GM finds a way to keep great players who produce and play two way hockey, see Bergeron. They tried once to create a great two way line with Loui Eriksson, it failed, time to try again with a bigger, not underrated, "quiet" star like Loui.

1st, Gryz, Heinen, Senyshyn for Stone. You are overpaying but solving your right wing for the next 5 years.

JFK, Donato,Zobril 2020 2ndfor Blake Coleman and Miles Wood

63-37-stone
74-46-88
Wood-Coleman-Backes
52-14-55

Reactions: Strafer and maxl7

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would deal Studnicka for Stone because even if Stone is a winger hes' a Bergeron type winger, can carry a line and become the 2nd lines driver.

Stone is the biggest game changer Boston could get from the market right now.

He's been quiet for years.

If you think Tampa is good this year you can bet they will be good again next year.
Stone would be a massive add for a series against Tampa, roll Bergeron& Stone on different lines dammm.
Huge gamble to resign Stone but if you were told tonight by Ottawa they would trade Stone with a long term deal for Grzelcyk Studnicka and a 1st you do it both teams

Bobby Ryan attached ? He could be added by Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad