Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Nothing you have said here has proven to be true in a substantial way. Saying something "should" happen is purely speculative. The product on the ice and the underlying metrics suggest something different than your hollow assessment.

My assessment is no more or less speculative than your assessment that the Bruins are not an improved team from last year and meanwhile the teams they need to beat (TB and Tor) have improved.

Proven to be true? My assessment is based on an entire season of play yet unfold. Not some little 10 game sample which most hockey people know has little bearing on the quality of teams over the course of 82 games. I don't care what the analytics say, they are just a very small tool in assessing teams and players.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Both Providence and NHL young forwards other than Pasta are not scoring. This is a significant concern. Time to trade some of them packaged with the bountiful d men.

Agree. I'd package one of the P-Bruins LWs, packaged with Krug, and call the Wild about Coyle. If they take that, I'd ask about Greenway.

Reactions: Strafer

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
If Tuukka was to be traded it wouldn’t be until after the season when he has to give the Bs more teams he would be willing to accept a trade to. One team I could see wanting him is Edmonton. History with Chiarelli and Talbot is a free agent at the end of the year. I could see a Edmonton reasoning that 2 years of Tuukka at $7 million per is better than 5 or 6 or more years of Talbot at $5.5 or $6 million per. Plus gives them 2 years to get a kid like Skinner developed and ready to take over when Tuukkas contract expires.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Kassian would be a nice add to the bottom 6. After the western trip and last night we cannot include Krug in a deal we need him more then ever. I think we move from including Krug to maybe the unthinkable, like Rask. St Loius or Calgary could be looking for a good starter but that will not happen. We need to beef up a bit and start throwing some hits around. Acciari is just to slow to do it and Wagner has yet done as much as advertised. Kuraly is decent but that is about it let him center the 4th with Wagner and Backes. Trade Acciari for Kassian. Make a small shake up, no panic yet.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Rask isn't awful and his stats have been in line for his career I'll be surprised if his stats aren't decent come December. A team with no goalie would be interested the term on his contract is pretty much ideal. Goalies don't get traded for much so I'm sure something would be added and the move would be good for both teams. Mentally hes probably one of the athletes who would benefit from a trade lots of them do it obviously hasn't happened since we are in the NMC era though. Could be a trade that we clearly lose down the road like Kelly for Wheeler if the guys we add do well. But I'd love one more really good player and I don't think it would be hard to find a better backup than Zane we could possibly end up with another Halak *or Thomas) and the position would carry a cap hit of 3 or 4 mil total. Anyone good has a cap hit around Rasks so he'd likely need to be in it to make the salaries work.

Not trading him for cap space and a crappy pick at this point. If hes healthy we'll always be able to make a trade like that as I said the term is perfect to another team and isn't too risky like trading for Carey Price would be if they are looking for a new #1.

You mean PEVERLY for Wheeler!?!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Agree. I'd package one of the P-Bruins LWs, packaged with Krug, and call the Wild about Coyle. If they take that, I'd ask about Greenway.

So you would give up Krug + LW P-Bruins (So.... Cehlarik?) for Charlie Coyle? Good. Grief. And yes, I noticed you said you'd want Greenway as well, but the way this read, it's not needed to make the trade. Scary scary, regardless.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Um spectacular golf score

I’m picking the game back up wish you lived nearby to give me lessons :nod:

You can`t afford my lessons:laugh:

My game these days isn`t one where there would be a lineup formed to take lessons from me. I`ve been loving the golf here in BC though but different game here, different elevations and trying to get used to things. Love the fact I can play 12 months a year here though

Reactions: DKH

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Kassian would be a nice add to the bottom 6. After the western trip and last night we cannot include Krug in a deal we need him more then ever. I think we move from including Krug to maybe the unthinkable, like Rask. St Loius or Calgary could be looking for a good starter but that will not happen. We need to beef up a bit and start throwing some hits around. Acciari is just to slow to do it and Wagner has yet done as much as advertised. Kuraly is decent but that is about it let him center the 4th with Wagner and Backes. Trade Acciari for Kassian. Make a small shake up, no panic yet.
Nah. He’s too physical.

Need a player with speed and skill that can’t score.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
My assessment is no more or less speculative than your assessment that the Bruins are not an improved team from last year and meanwhile the teams they need to beat (TB and Tor) have improved.

Proven to be true? My assessment is based on an entire season of play yet unfold. Not some little 10 game sample which most hockey people know has little bearing on the quality of teams over the course of 82 games. I don't care what the analytics say, they are just a very small tool in assessing teams and players.
The production and performance of the players you've asserted will or have improved, partnered with the team's inability (moreso than arguably only 2 other forward groups in the NHL, generously) outside of 4 players to generate high danger shots or push the play in the right direction, especially 5v5 where it matters most, is not speculative: It's a substantiated observation. The team looks bad up front outside of a select few, this is plain to see. The metrics are just useful because they keep people like you from making generalizations using key terms and selling them as legitimate.

The forward group looks crappy and the numbers back it up.

Reactions: maxl7

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
It is a travesty that Chris Wagner is on this roster while Peter Cehlarik, who is a better hockey player right now than Ryan Donato, is not. Cehlarik has paid his dues and worked on his game and simply not been treated right by this organization, in my opinion.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
If the Bruins had more room at LW I would love Kreider. New York should keep their top line. Still of age to be good players when the youth comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad