Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
on the good side, sure. but the other way cant be understated.

its not just a coincidence that the team he leaves goes from worst to 2nd and the team he joins does the opposite

I think trying to attribute team failures (especially teams with extremely flawed rosters) to an individual player is the exact kind of voodoo thinking that you can take advantage of in player acquisition.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
To Philly:
Danton Heinen
2nd Round Pick

To Boston:
Wayne Simmonds

To start, I don't see Philadelphia trading Simmonds for this package. I would think it'd cost even more. That said, Bruins potentially lose two higher end pieces for a guy who can walk at the end of the season or will be a major risk to sign going forward.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
To start, I don't see Philadelphia trading Simmonds for this package. I would think it'd cost even more. That said, Bruins potentially lose two higher end pieces for a guy who can walk at the end of the season or will be a major risk to sign going forward.
Maybe not. Who knows?

It was proposed by a Philly fan in the Wayne Simmonds thread.

I don't think San Jose expected Sturm, Stuart and Primeau to land Joe f***ing Thornton...

Reactions: easton117

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Maybe not. Who knows?

I don't think San Jose expected Sturm, Stuart and Primeau to land Joe ****ing Thornton...

If Boston didn't already have Beleskey on the books, and Backes heading the same route, I'd be more than fine with Wayne Simmonds, but those two players make me stay far away from a guy like Simmonds. And with that, I think your package is too much quality to give up for a UFA to be.

Reactions: Strafer

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If Boston didn't already have Beleskey on the books, and Backes heading the same route, I'd be more than fine with Wayne Simmonds, but those two players make me stay far away from a guy like Simmonds. And with that, I think your package is too much quality to give up for a UFA to be.
Trade them Backes too, include a 1st.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Simmonds has 7 goals. I feel his decline has been greatly overstated. A 2nd line of DeBrusk/Krejci/Simmonds screams "Go For It!!!" to me. And I want to go for it.

Again, I do like Heinen. I think he's a smart player. But Philly would rightly want one of our young guys and they ain't getting DeBrusk. I don't even know how to feel about Donato. I can't imagine his value is high since he's currently in the AHL. Heinen feels like the least painful to give up for an immediate impact player... which means he's probably not enough.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Simmonds has 7 goals. I feel his decline has been greatly overstated. A 2nd line of DeBrusk/Krejci/Simmonds screams "Go For It!!!" to me. And I want to go for it.

Again, I do like Heinen. I think he's a smart player. But Philly would rightly want one of our young guys and they ain't getting DeBrusk. I don't even know how to feel about Donato. I can't imagine his value is high since he's currently in the AHL. Heinen feels like the least painful to give up for an immediate impact player... which means he's probably not enough.

I don't think Donato being in the AHL has done anything to his value.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Would you do it if the deal included Simmonds signing an extension?

I'd strongly consider it. I think he'd be a great fit here and am not convinced that he is slowing down yet.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Bruins Trade Proposals III, where users submit trade ideas while others shut them down, pile on and add none of their own. Classic.

Reactions: Estlin

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Maybe not. Who knows?

I don't think San Jose expected Sturm, Stuart and Primeau to land Joe ****ing Thornton...
If you can find it read John Ferguson's book Thunder and Lightning, his reaction when Wilson asked him about the trade speaks volumes about how awful a trade that was.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
The Bruins best chance to acquire Wayne Simmonds was during the 2010-2011 season and then the summer of 2011.

Simmonds was available only because he and Drew Doughty could not be on the same team.
hindsight is 20/20 of course but I wonder how things might have turned out if they'd traded Seguin in a package to land Simmonds in the Summer of 2011 rather than the package they got for him a couple years later.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Would you do it if the deal included Simmonds signing an extension?

I'd strongly consider it. I think he'd be a great fit here and am not convinced that he is slowing down yet.

Well the cost would go up, and do we really want Simmonds signed long term here at 6-6.5M + on top of Backes being here AND Beleskey still on the books?

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Hell I don't think I would even want an agreement in place for him to stay. See how he does and go from there. Seems highly improbable we get him anyway. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad