Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposal - VI - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Not a solution by any means, but could Sweeney be any worse off by signing Jan Kovar to a small contract? It certainly wouldn’t help his defense, but might spark the offense for a time until Bergs returns and other repairs are made to the roster.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Not only that, Kessel would not want to return after all he went through
where are you pulling this from? what did the "go through?"

as I recall his only issue was with the coach. The team has both a new coach and new GM since Kessel was traded a whopping 9 years ago and he is probably still friendly with at least a couple guys on the team (he was close with Krejci back in the day iirc)

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

as I recall his only issue was with the coach. The team has both a new coach and new GM since Kessel was traded a whopping 9 years ago and he is probably still friendly with at least a couple guys on the team (he was close with Krejci back in the day iirc)
This took me back for a second.

Can't believe it's already been that long.

Reactions: bbfan419

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

I can't find the post....but you were againt the Bruins trading for Tanner Pearson right? I suggested this and got flamed

he so far has 5 points in 10 games. 3 Goals which is more goals than Backes and Heinen each have for the season

Reactions: Strafer

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

I still don't get the reason why the Pens would trade Kessel. He is signed on a friendly deal if you think about it

signed for 4 more seasons. Pens are napping, but could go on a hot streak...we have all seen it

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I can't find the post....but you were againt the Bruins trading for Tanner Pearson right? I suggested this and got flamed

he so far has 5 points in 10 games. 3 Goals which is more goals than Backes and Heinen each have for the season

I can't remember if I was against trading for him or not. I don't think I voiced an opinion on him either way if memory serves me correctly.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Tanner Pearson would have been a cheap effective move . I agree another opportunity missed by Donny.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Tanner Pearson would have been a cheap effective move . I agree another opportunity missed by Donny.

Did the Bruins even have the cap space to talk Pearson on? You realize that the Penguins traded a similar contract for Pearson, right? These hot takes that imply Sweeney didn't consider it, or attempt are asinine and will always be asinine. You aren't in the room with him.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Krejci isn't going anywhere.

Krejci isn't going anywhere, Krug isn't going anywhere, Chara isn't going anywhere (play until 50), Rask isnt going anywhere

This all means Bruins isn't going win anything significant

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Krejci isn't going anywhere, Krug isn't going anywhere, Chara isn't going anywhere (play until 50), Rask isnt going anywhere

Wouldn't it be aren't ???

It's kind of funny that they can't go anywhere with these players. Bruins add depth to the lineup, there's no reason they can't go far into the playoffs with these guys. They're all good players.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

They ain't gon win wid this core.

I'm just being realistic. Believe me, I have my questions about DK. But I know they aren't going to move him anytime soon as I don't see anyone on the horizon in the very near future to fill his shoes.

And who are you going to trade him for that takes his place?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
They ain't gon win wid this core.

I'm just being realistic. Believe me, I have my questions about DK. But I know they aren't going to move him anytime soon as I don't see anyone on the horizon in the very near future to fill his shoes.

And who are you going to trade him for that takes his place?

Jack Hughes.... maybe its time to plan a "tank"

Bruins always get shafted by playing hard, making the playoffs and coming out empty handed.

Reactions: bbfan419

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Cehlarik + JFK for Simmonds
Trade Acciari, Wagner, and Kuraly for whatever, picks will do.
Call up Frederic and Senyshyn

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Simmonds/Senyshyn
Heinen - Frederic - Senyshyn/Simmonds
Nordstrom/Blidh - Cave - Backes
Blidh/Nordstrom

Bruins get tougher up front, and I think that 3rd line could be golden.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
This is the definition of an overreaction. They're 6th in their conference. They're not going to "tank", nor should they. :rolleyes:

right...because the team has a chance to get to the ECF

at this rate, may not even make the playoffs. You can't make the playoffs by averaging 2 or less goals per game

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Cehlarik + JFK for Simmonds
Trade Acciari, Wagner, and Kuraly for whatever, picks will do.
Call up Frederic and Senyshyn

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Simmonds/Senyshyn
Heinen - Frederic - Senyshyn/Simmonds
Nordstrom/Blidh - Cave - Backes
Blidh/Nordstrom

Bruins get tougher up front, and I think that 3rd line could be golden.

I wouldn't mind this (except trading Kuraly)

but Senyshyn hasn't earned the right to be called up....because he is still rough around the edges

Donny and Cassidy won't allow it .... they probably call up Szwarz first

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Whats been frustrating for me is that I haven't seen a single scouting attendance report from anyone making reference to bruins scouts or brass being at any games. At least poke your damn head in the door every once in a while to make it seem like you're trying to make the team better.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I know for me, I didn’t want Pearson because he’s another LH wing that didn’t address a need (strike 1). In addition, he’s overpaid (strike 2) and doesn’t bring any physicality (another need, strike 3).

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
right...because the team has a chance to get to the ECF

at this rate, may not even make the playoffs. You can't make the playoffs by averaging 2 or less goals per game

"Tanking" is just not realistic. Do you think every team outside the top 10 is just going to tank cause they have no hope? I get that you're probably frustrated with the team recently but it seems a bit silly to suggest tanking. They will make a trade soon, I believe.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I know for me, I didn’t want Pearson because he’s another LH wing that didn’t address a need (strike 1). In addition, he’s overpaid (strike 2) and doesn’t bring any physicality (another need, strike 3).

Is Physically really another need? Half of the Bruins teams are grinders... checking/grinding players along the boards for a good part of the game

this team could use another Pearson, Paul Stasny, Barzal etc

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
"Tanking" is just not realistic. Do you think every team outside the top 10 is just going to tank cause they have no hope? I get that you're probably frustrated with the team recently but it seems a bit silly to suggest tanking. They will make a trade soon, I believe.

This team is on the verge of tanking and they are not even trying to

Of course when Bergeron returns, should play better

in any case, you know that Hughes is considered a once in a generation type talent right?

The Pens, Hawks etc. foundation are built on tanking and getting lucky with Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Kane.... when have the Bruins ever done this?

It is not the noble/cheap way but a part of sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad