Confirmed with Link: Bruins trade Jordan Caron for Max Talbot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
Just logged in. I do not get this trade. Why?

But at the moment I'm mostly just shocked Caron is no longer on the Bruins.

Rex Nulius... Paging Rex Nulius (What handle is he going by these days? I'm blanking. It's the shock, I'm telling you).

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
“He will be a good depth forward for the Bruins and his experience will help as they push for a playoff spot," said one WC coach.

aguineapig

This is what I feel like the people who "like" the trade aren't getting.

Okay, you like Max Talbot. Fine. I get it. I guess. That doesn't negate the fact that management created an even bigger logjam and cap crunch than there already was. You can't possibly rate the deal as good even if it means Jordan Caron is out the door.

If Eriksson walks in the off season, and they bring someone in who is appropriately payed for 3rd line duty and production, and with pastrnak in the top 6, having talbot is not really an issue. The fact that we have to worry about paying too much for our fourth line stems from the fact that we have higher paid players in the top 6 who don't produce in accordance to their contracts. Kelly as a fourth line center is overpaid. Campbell-- not so much. It would be nice to have a guy at league minimum center the 4th line, but I think it's just a reflection of over inflated contracts higher up.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
If Eriksson walks in the off season, and the bring someone in who is appropriately payed for 3rd line duty and production, and with pastrnak in the top 6, having talbot is not really an issue. The fact that we have to worry about paying too much for our fourth line stems from the fact that we have higher paid players in the top 6 who don't produce in accordance to their contracts.

Eriksson is signed for another year.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Entered this thread thinking the title was a joke. This trade pretty much sums up the ineptitude of Chia. From every standpoint this trade is idiotic and makes zero sense. Talbot is a has-been who is overpaid and is a damn clown. He ****ing sucks right now. While Chia was jacking around with a nonfactor trade such as this he failed to address the top priority for the second year in a row. ****ing dumbass is what he is.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
If Eriksson walks in the off season, and they bring someone in who is appropriately payed for 3rd line duty and production, and with pastrnak in the top 6, having talbot is not really an issue. The fact that we have to worry about paying too much for our fourth line stems from the fact that we have higher paid players in the top 6 who don't produce in accordance to their contracts. Kelly as a fourth line center is overpaid. Campbell-- not so much. It would be nice to have a guy at league minimum center the 4th line, but I think it's just a reflection of over inflated contracts higher up.

If this happens, and then this happens, and then this other things happens, it will work out.

Sorry, I don't accept that thinking. I'm tired of making up and listening to these mythical future scenarios to justify things instead of evaluating things in the present with what we know.

I'm not even trying to personally go after you here. But, this is the MO for everyone trying to justify moves that make little to no sense.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
This trade doesn't seem to be confirmed by either franchise or the NHL yet. Are Bruins fans hearing anything?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Pretty sure the plan would be to keep Talbot next year to replace the UFA Campbell and possibly Paille

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
As much as I am happy to see Caron leave, if Talbot has another year left at 1.75 mil, that is a horrible trade, why we do we keep overpaying 4th line players, I'm hoping their is something more to this, makes no sense.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
What makes it an issue for me is the remaining year on his contract.

Okay...why was that something to address today?

Not really defending it, but just my thoughts.

Likely because he's looking towards next year too, which is why we saw a trade for a 22 year old and a guy who is signed through next year, instead of trades for a bunch of UFAs

aguineapig

If this happens, and then this happens, and then this other things happens, it will work out.

Sorry, I don't accept that thinking. I'm tired of making up and listening to these mythical future scenarios to justify things instead of evaluating things in the present with what we know.

I'm not even trying to personally go after you here. But, this is the MO for everyone trying to justify moves that make little to no sense.

Oh, I'm not saying it will. And I think it's a lateral move and does nothing for what it's worth. I just think everyone is over reacting over having Max Talbot as a 4th liner when the root issue with the cap is really elsewhere. Probably everyone is agitated because we didn't acquire Jesus Christ from the hockey club of the kingdom of heaven on a ELC.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Mark Divver @MarkDivver
Jared Knight to Minnesota, per NHL source.

End of an Era (for the record I hated the pick when it happend)

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
If you take on Max Talbot, but get rid of Daniel Paille, that doesn't make you a "selling" team. That makes you logical.

Are you serious with this ****?

This is a horrible justification put together by completely false speculation sold as fact.

Yeah, Chiarelli is a fool and all you coach GM's are geniuses. That's exactly how it works.
Or maybe we finally solidified the bottom 6 with a money wise cheap contract that can easily be traded away or buried next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad