Confirmed with Link: Bruins trade Jordan Caron for Max Talbot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Good trade, although the parts are meh. A decent AHL'er and a serviceable NHL forward for a guy who has regressed statistically every year he's been called up to the Bruins. Talbot will at least bring something tangible to the Bruins, which is something that could not be said for Caron, who went pointless in 11 games.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Good trade, although the parts are meh. A decent AHL'er and a serviceable NHL forward for a guy who has regressed statistically every year he's been called up to the Bruins. Talbot will at least bring something tangible to the Bruins, which is something that could not be said for Caron, who went pointless in 11 games.

Yeah. Underwhelming but not a bad deal in and of itself.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
On the bright side, Talbot could bring back the crazy that he had with the Flyers and use it against the Habs.

Here's hoping?

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
A little underwhelming, but I like the fact that Talbot is apparently a "glue guy" - so maybe he'll bring some of that bench/room presence we lost with Thornton.

I'd rather go into the playoffs with Talbot than Caron.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
With 50% retained this deal saves us around a mill cap hit next year when we part ways with campbell. The deal upgrades the scoring of the 4th line. I think caron could still become a player like kevyn adams did and shawn bates did after being cast off, but i wont cry over it. He clearly wasnt working out here.

This carey kid is intersting too. Reportedly a two way guy with character who can play all three forward positions. Might turn out to be a useful 14th forward

A forth line next year of ferlin/talbot/kelly excites me. A forth line that dominates the opposition can easily lead to 5 wins during a season and that can be several positions in the standings.

Thumbs up as we see the final details of this deal emerge

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
At least we won't have to see this guy play for our team again. In some ways, this is the biggest relief of the trade deadline. So tired of this guy.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
50% salary retention makes this deal pretty reasonable. More oldsters on the 4th line, but I have to doubt that Campbell & Paille get another deal with the Bs.

So we appear to have gotten an upgrade to our 4th line, and the Avs roll the dice on youth & size.

Honestly, I find that I'm a little disappointed as Caron looked better last week, and I was suspecting that he had finally found his place on this team, but he previously has looked good for a few games and then would regress and turn into a penalty magnet. So objectively I need to give this a thumbs up. Good luck, Jordy - I hope it works out better for ya in Colorado.

catsmasher

Mar 8, 2012
About 3 years too late on this trade but I'll take it. Guy was a total zero from day 1. At least he wasn't a 1st Rd pick .. Oh wait.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
50% retained salary actually makes this a decent deal.

Is Campbell's contract ending at the end of this season, please be so?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
50% retained salary actually makes this a decent deal.

Is Campbell's contract ending at the end of this season, please be so?

Yes, both him and Paille are done after this year. This would make Talbot the 4th line C making 875k going into next year which isn't terrible. Especially with Cunningham gone.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yes, both him and Paille are done after this year. This would make Talbot the 4th line C making 875k going into next year which isn't terrible. Especially with Cunningham gone.

It would need to be 2 years ago for me to really be on board with him but Talbot at that number as the 13th forward is fine.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
You know what? Just because we finally got rid of Jordan Caron.... This trade can only be a PLUS in my book!!!

I don't even care if we cut Talbot tomorrow. :nod:

Finally, the Jordan Caron SAGA ENDS!!! Collective sigh of relief!!!

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Zero excitement for this deal, actually mildly hate it. The player himself is not good, or needed here. He is more than redundant. We shouldn't be tying ourselves down to yet another older worthless vet when we finally had the chance to move on from Paille and Campbell and the Gagne's of the NHL after this season.

Rarely root against our players but I just may secretly hope he fails and is bought out in the offseason. Never been a fan of his.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
With 50% retained this deal saves us around a mill cap hit next year when we part ways with campbell. The deal upgrades the scoring of the 4th line. I think caron could still become a player like kevyn adams did and shawn bates did after being cast off, but i wont cry over it. He clearly wasnt working out here.

This carey kid is intersting too. Reportedly a two way guy with character who can play all three forward positions. Might turn out to be a useful 14th forward

A forth line next year of ferlin/talbot/kelly excites me. A forth line that dominates the opposition can easily lead to 5 wins during a season and that can be several positions in the standings.

Thumbs up as we see the final details of this deal emerge

That is a horridly uninteresting 4th line if we run with that.

Talbot doesn't bring offense either as a 15-20 point guys now.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Zero excitement for this deal, actually mildly hate it. The player himself is not good, or needed here. He is more than redundant. We shouldn't be tying ourselves down to yet another older worthless vet when we finally had the chance to move on from Paille and Campbell and the Gagne's of the NHL after this season.

Rarely root against our players but I just may secretly hope he fails and is bought out in the offseason. Never been a fan of his.

Secretly hope he fails? We're only going to pay half his salary and he can't be any worse than Caron who went pointless for how many games in a row?

From the steaming pile of dung that is Jordan Caron, it would be really, really hard to downgrade! So cheer up! Ooops, you weren't a big Caron fan now, were you? :naughty:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
the thought that I can't shake about this trade is that if Talbot is any good then why did Colorado eat half his salary and take on Jordan Caron in the process?

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal

Talbot has won a Stanley Cup and has played pretty well when he's been in the playoffs. 31 years old doesn't sound very old to me. He will be good on the 4th line and provide stability to that line.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Our 4th line this year to start was

Paille (1.3) Campbell (1.6) Gagne (600) = 3.5 million

Next year it will be

AHL guy (600-800k) Talbot (875k) Ferlin (800k) =2.5 million roughly

So it was a good move this year and for next our 4th line will be cheaper and better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad